Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Wish List

My current wish is for AAC support, to extend http://www.wl500g.info/showpost.php?...5&postcount=32 to support all common audio formats. Something like LAMIP ipkg would be nice

libstdc++

It would be great to have support of libstdc++. Not only that a few good packages depend on it (e.g. python) but also to be able to run own C++ programs.

I would love "Advanced routing" support in the kernel. So I can do some kinky source based routing.
    IIIVX = ( X - V ) - III = II = 2

Quote Originally Posted by iiivx
    I would love "Advanced routing" support in the kernel. So I can do some kinky source based routing.
    Doesn't quagga optware fit your needs ?

here is what i wish:

newer kernel;
    cut, find, uname, who, finger and morebinaries;
    bash shell by default;

thanx

You really wish a 8 MB flash chip!

Quote Originally Posted by nerodark
    here is what i wish:

newer kernel;
    bash shell by default;

thanx

Quote Originally Posted by nerodark
    here is what i wish:

newer kernel;
    bash shell by default;

thanx
    cut, find, uname are present in busybox optware
    uname is also present in coreutils optware
    who is present in coreutils optware
    bash is present in bash optware

any reason for not using theses packages ?

JF

Please let us have a more modern iptables!

Quote Originally Posted by Oleg
    tomilius, the problem is that this target is not supported in current iptables, so adding it would require patching kernel, switching to newer iptables and testing, testing, testing... So, at the moment I'm a bit busy to do so...
    I have it directly from the developers, that the current userland iptables is backwards compatible down to kernels 2.4.

Quote Originally Posted by Netfilter bugzilla
    ------- Additional Comment #5 From Pjotrek 2005-08-30 08:01 MET [reply] -------
    I'm afraid that on a router with firmware it is not so easy for me to install a
    more recent kernel. I could use a more recent iptables, but that would shurely
    not like my old kernel (2.4.20 MIPSEL)?
    ------- Additional Comment #6 From Harald Welte 2005-08-30 09:05 MET [reply] -------
    I'm afraid I cannot help with your special hardware and it's requirement to run
    rediculously old (and buggekernels), sorry. That's why kernel developers
    discourage the use of binary-only kernel modules...
    Iptables userspace has support down to 2.4.0, so updating that is not a problem).
    The current iptables & iptables-save programs are having big problems.
    Just insert an '-m recent' line, and compare the output of iptables -L and iptables-save. iptables-save gets the counters all wrong, rendering the output useless for an iptables-restore. This is fixed in newer userland iptables.

And when i'm at it, it would be nice to have the REJECT target, to be able to give better reject messages. A reject message has been proven to delay an attacker much longer than even the TARPIT.

Thanks in advance,
    Pjotrek

unaiur,

openwrt already has uname, find, newer kernel, etc within a less-than-4mb firmware so why not
    i stick with oleg's firmware for development purposes and still love the asus's user friendly web interface!

exactly: if you need advanced functionality, switch to openwrt.

screen again

Is screen possible in this type of hardware, or are there limitations to use this program?

Thanks in advance.

I found this:

http://ipkg.nslu2-linux.org/feeds/unslung/wl500g/

Will try screen that is available there

Hpoj

After spending some time reading this guide and testing different configurations, I managed to get saned working on my wl500g.
    One problem remains though. My scanner is a HP PSC2110 and without the hpoj driveres compiled for the wl500g, there will be no scanning.
    Since I don't have any experience in compiling software for the wl500g/Unslug, I would like to add the hpoj drivers to the wish list.

Best Regards Lars Moeller
    Last edited by larmoe; 13-01-2006 at 20:16.

The list at http://ipkg.nslu2-linux.org/feeds/unslung/wl500g/ is quite impressive, however I'm still missing a DC++ hub software like OpenDCHub. Is this Overkill for the WL500g or could somebody provide me with binaries?

Can u create a feature so i can change the WLAN macaddress / LAN mac address easly? And maybe a feature to "switch" betwean "added" adresses for the WAN via an drop-down ore something.

To explain why i want this:
    1) When you search in the MAC Vendor list, you can have a Cisco Catalyst 5000 instead of a Asustek macadres. Just for the fun.
    2) When your ISP is offering DHCP adress by MAC address, and you'r moving your router to public places (lan-party/etc), and don't want anyone to know your "real" macaddress. Therefore a dropdown menu.

00:10:29:CA:FF:EE

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast