Thread: Checkpoint SecuRemote

Checkpoint SecuRemote

Hello,

A collegue of me just bought an WL-500g WLAN router. After the installation of the router he could not connect to our business through Checkpoint SecuRemote www.checkpoint.com

Checkpoint is an VPN solution. Does anyone know's of the router accepts the IKE_500 key? And what can i do to make the modem compliant with Checkpoint?

Thanks.

Patrick

Quote Originally Posted by stempher
    Checkpoint is an VPN solution. Does anyone know's of the router accepts the IKE_500 key? And what can i do to make the modem compliant with Checkpoint?
    No it does not work with Checkpoint via IPSEC. Either you buy a different box, or you modify the firmware yourself. It's not a simple modification. But it can be done.

Cheers

Checkpoint Securemote

I also use Checkpoint securemote, feature pack 3 build number 533333.
    I can make a connection to my business network from home using my asus wl500g, but only when I connect my laptop using a cable. With the wireless card I can't get a connection. (I have a problem using wlan to wan, but with my old router I wasn't able to wireless connect using securemote either).

I havent set any entries in the asus, so try to use a network cable for connection using securemote.

Quote Originally Posted by psteen
    I also use Checkpoint securemote, feature pack 3 build number 533333.
    I can make a connection to my business network from home using my asus wl500g, but only when I connect my laptop using a cable. With the wireless card I can't get a connection. (I have a problem using wlan to wan, but with my old router I wasn't able to wireless connect using securemote either).

I havent set any entries in the asus, so try to use a network cable for connection using securemote.
    OK perhaps I misunderstood the question. It looks like you guys are only interested in IPSEC passthru and not to have the asus running IPSEC.

Cheers

Hello!

Our company uses CheckPoint VPN too and it work for me. There is an other thread about CheckPoint VPN -> search
    best regards
    Pirat

Same problem VPN fine on LAN-cable but not WL

I have the same problem as psteen. I can get get a VPN connection up an running if my PC is connected to my WL500g by a cable, but not if I am connected by WL.
    I am using AT&T IPSec Application version 5.09.2, and I get the error message: "No response from IPSEC terminator".

Using the latest official FW on my WL500G.

Anyone with any ideas/solutions?

Did anyone find a solution?

Hi!

I have the similar problem with WL500gP. I tried almost everything to make it passing Checkpoint SecuRemote VPN. I only didn't try cable connection instead of WiFi.

Thanks,

Petr

Although this is a pretty old topic I leave a reply just for reference.
    I use CheckPoint VPN-1 SecureClient (build 132) to connect to my work. I run it from my laptop (Windows XP SP2) over wireless to the my WL500g Deluxe and then over the internet to our company gateway. Connects like a charm. I did no special port forwarding etc on the router. In the advanced settings of the CheckPoint software I checked the following:

[X] Support Office Mode
    [X] Connectivity enhancements
    [X] Use NAT traversal tunneling
    [X] Support IKE over TCP
    [ ] Force UDP encapsulation
    [ ] Visitor mode

[ ] Route all traffic through gateway.

Maybe this helps?
    ASUS wl500g Deluxe: OpenWRT RC5 White Russian
    ASUS wl500g Premium: OpenWRT RC6 Kamikazee / White Russian?