Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Unslung/WL500g packages available for Oleg's firmware

I'll update the page with some DD-WRT info (won't be a lot as I actually only have experience with Oleg - I'm more looking for file/ftp/news servers/clients on my router than the actual WLAN tuning which as I understand is the DD-WRT strength?) and see if I can get it into the Wiki.

Now I have installed your updated uClibc library on my router and reinstalled all packages from the oleg feed. Most things seem to be working (including unrar - one of my main missing items) however python now gives an error message. Whenever I start it up it says "python: can't load library 'libstdc++.so.6'". I'll try compiling it myself (my buildroot is still compiling at this moment so I'll need to be patient) but do you have already any idea what could be the problem here?

Kind regards,

Peter.

There are two versions of python 2.4 and 2.5 separated. 2.4 worked with much troubles on 0.9.19. When I moved to 0.9.28 I did not check python. libstdc++ is wrong link as it should be linked with libuclibc++.

It seems that python25 is indeed better - I tried it and it actually works (at least it starts to run my program). However the program I am needing it for also depends on some other python packages (py-cherrypy, py-cheetah and py-elementtree) so I don't get very far. All of these packages are also available from the feed but they all are assuming a Python24 installation, they don't work with Python25. I'm trying to get them working also on Python25, let's hope this works...

Once that is working the final missing piece I need to get me setup working is par2cmdline. As this one is not available from the feeds I tried compiling it myself. It worked but once loaded on my router I got the "cannot find libstdc++" message again. I created a patch for the Makefile.am file not to add this library anymore, however when compiling I noticed that it still showed up. After some googling it appears that actually the g++ compiler is adding the "-lstdc++" itself automatically! There are some workarounds I have been thinking about (e.g. using the "-nodefaultlibs" option in g++) but as this must be a common problem for everyone using the build environment do you have any idea on the best/standard way to solve this?

I have changed shared library linking option in python24_2.4.4-2_mipsel.ipk and now python works. Run regression tests with
    Code:
    cd /opt/lib/python2.4/test
    for f in test_[a-z]*.py; do python $f 2>/dev/null>/dev/null || echo "$f failed with error #$?" ; done > /tmp/harddisk/tmp/python-regression-test.txt

Hi oleo,
    buildroot_3.4.6-8_mipsel.ipk (or maybe uclibc-opt_0.9.28-8_mipsel.ipk) package seems to be broken (lies in http://ipkg.nslu2-linux.org/feeds/op...g/cross/stable feed):
    1. it misses /opt/sbin/ldconfig
    2. even after I properly updated library cache every program in /opt doesn't work (as if libraries are missed or broken).

I reverted package to the version I had before upgrade (3.4.6-5 in particular) and everything works fine now.
    Please, take a look. Merry Christmas!
    Last edited by Xander; 29-12-2006 at 17:11.

buildroot_3.4.6-8_mipsel.ipk and uclibc-opt_0.9.28-8_mipsel.ipk are now split in such way that it does not provide common files. There is builtin dependency that buildroot and any other package needs uclibc-opt package.

With uclibc-opt-0.9.28-9 and buildroot_4.1.1-9 I have backported some patches to uClibc and upgraded GCC to latest stable version. Try it out. All apps should work. The problem was with -7 and not with -8 from my testings.

Quote Originally Posted by oleo View Post
    With uclibc-opt-0.9.28-9 and buildroot_4.1.1-9 I have backported some patches to uClibc and upgraded GCC to latest stable version. Try it out. All apps should work. The problem was with -7 and not with -8 from my testings.
    Works fine, thanks a lot!

Recent advances brings complete native toolchain for all Asus routers with external storage. Supported firmwares are Oleg, DD-WRT, X-Wrt, OpenWrt, ...

Example instalation and native building of optware packages on router itself:
    Code:
    ipkg install optware-devel 
    cd /tmp/harddisk 
    svn co http://svn.nslu2-linux.org/svnroot/optware/trunk optware 
    cd optware 
    export OPTWARE_TARGET=oleg 
    make bc
    This toolchain brought also perl and its 70+ packages that depend on perl. Spamassasin and similar packages are now ready for use.
    Last edited by oleo; 04-01-2007 at 20:41. Reason: export mistake

Great work!

Cant wait to try it out!

ushare 0.9.8 for WL-500g

as far as I can see, the 0.9.7 version is the latest ipkg module available. Could anyone please compile the 0.9.8 version for the WL-500g?
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Xavi View Post
    as far as I can see, the 0.9.7 version is the latest ipkg module available. Could anyone please compile the 0.9.8 version for the WL-500g?
    Thanks.
    done in http://trac.nslu2-linux.org/optware/changeset/5144

Thanks a lot. I guess the ipk package should appear later on http://ipkg.nslu2-linux.org/feeds/op...ross/unstable/

Am I right? Or should the feed be manually updated?

Edit: ushare 0.9.8 is now up and running. There is a problem in finding the config file, since it refers to "/etc/opt//etc/opt/ushare.conf" but it can be manually started with the command line switches and most important, it finally makes my WL-500gx kindda work together with the Telegent TG100 media receiver, which was not possible until now!! (AVI files do not work though :-()
    Last edited by Xavi; 12-01-2007 at 01:40.

Thanks again. It works like a breeze now!

uClibc toolchain upgrade

We have rebuilded all packages for oleg and ddwrt repository as suggested by Oleg due to major change of buildroot from gcc3.4.6->gcc-4.1.1 and binutils from
    http://ipkg.nslu2-linux.org/feeds/op...table/?C=M;O=D

As usual, if some package is giving segmentation fault, users are instructed to update, upgrade and refresh packege and its dependent packages. Sometimes dependent packages are upgraded without rebuilding package which relies on them. Optware maintainers are aware of this problem which can cause loading incompatible libraries. Testing for such incompatibilities is difficult and thus we rely on user reports.

Sample forcing package upgrade.
    Code:
    [admin@oleo root]$ ipkg update
    Downloading http://ipkg.nslu2-linux.org/feeds/optware/oleg/cross/stable/Packages.gz
    Inflating http://ipkg.nslu2-linux.org/feeds/optware/oleg/cross/stable/Packages.gz
    Updated list of available packages in /opt/lib/ipkg/lists/optware
    Successfully terminated.
    [admin@oleo root]$ ipkg install -force-reinstall svn
    Reinstalling svn (1.4.2-1) on /opt/...
    Downloading http://ipkg.nslu2-linux.org/feeds/optware/oleg/cross/stable/svn_1.4.2-1_mipsel.ipk
    Configuring svn
    Successfully terminated.
    As this can be tedious job I recommend the following one line package-refresh command:
    Code:
    awk '/^Package:/{system("ipkg install -force-reinstall -force-defaults " $2)}' /opt/lib/ipkg/status
    For more info visit http://www.nslu2-linux.org/wiki/FAQ/Optware-uClibcBuild

I hope that with upcoming -7g firmware this will become default repository for Oleg firmware and that "wl500g" will be obsoleted.

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast