Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Unslung/WL500g packages available for Oleg's firmware

Quote Originally Posted by Jethro
    Just curious:

What good is php-mysql_5.0.3-7_mipsel.ipk when there is no MySQL support present?
    Incentive for someone to contribute the MySQL support?

-- Rod

Any idea on how to get libstdc++ (needed by mysql and many others unslung optware) support in the actual toolchain ?

The idea is to recompile everything with latest uclibc.
    It's possible, but requires some time, which I do not have at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Oleg
    You have my blessing. I'll be patiently awaiting this version.

Quote Originally Posted by Oleg
    Could you give some hints to achieve this ?

I build a fresh toolchain using uclibc buildroot but it doesn't let me choose kernel 2.4.20. The minimum that be be used is 2.4.25... As for gcc / binutils, oldest ones I can use are 3.3.5 / 2.14.90.0.8. The final toolchain doesn't build the firmware, as expected

Questions are :
    1) Since Asus tarball uses a modified 2.4.20 kernel, I think I can't use an other one for my toolchain, correct ? other idea : are kernel sources involved in toolchain setup ?
    2) Is there a particular gcc / binutils version that should be used to create the toolchain ?
    3) Is my way the good way (i.e rebuild a full toolchain from scratch) or should I only try to build a uclibc toolchain using uclibc 0.9.28 ?

Thank ou for your help,

JF

Quote Originally Posted by Jean-Fabrice
    I build a fresh toolchain using uclibc buildroot but it doesn't let me choose kernel 2.4.20. The minimum that be be used is 2.4.25... As for gcc / binutils, oldest ones I can use are 3.3.5 / 2.14.90.0.8. The final toolchain doesn't build the firmware, as expected
    Kernel version only make sense for include files, so you could safely use 2.4.25. My original idea was to use gcc and binutils which are supplied by broadcom and compile toolchain with uclibc 0.9.27.

1) Since Asus tarball uses a modified 2.4.20 kernel, I think I can't use an other one for my toolchain, correct ? other idea : are kernel sources involved in toolchain setup ?
    Actual kernel headers are not used, so use 2.4.25.

2) Is there a particular gcc / binutils version that should be used to create the toolchain ?
    Perhaps the same as supplied by broadcom in the source dir.

3) Is my way the good way (i.e rebuild a full toolchain from scratch) or should I only try to build a uclibc toolchain using uclibc 0.9.28 ?
    You mean 0.9.27? Anyway, the only way with latest uclibcs is to rebuild toolchain from scratch. Once you will do this, post here - I will then adjust firmware.

okay, here is what I did since my last post

My goal is to build a completely new uclibc toolchain based on uclibc 0.9.27, binutils 2.6.12, gcc 3.2.3 and kernel 2.4.25.

I'm using uclibc buildroot to build the new toolchain. Since latest snapshot of buildroot doesn't let me choose binutils 2.6.12 and gcc 3.2.3, I applied some patches to it to be able to do so.

My latest tests gave me the following results :
    1. binutils build fine
    2. first pass of gcc ( --disable-shared ) builds fine
    3a. uclibc does'nt build if I let the option 'Support global constructors and destructors' defaultly selected (UCLIBC_CTOR_DTOR=y). The build of uclibc terminates with 'crtbeginS.o : no such file or directory'. It seems that crtbeginS.o is not generated by the previous gcc build stage. Dunno why ! but since crtbeginS.o is not present in the broadcom toolchain, I thought I was walking the wrong way.
    3b. uclibc builds if I don't select the UCLIBC_CTOR_DTOR option
    ==> At this point, in order to continue, I decided to use 3b.
    4. second pass of gcc (with --enable-shared) fails with some errors on decl.c ("decl.c:561: invalid lvalue in assignment")
    5. no more I can't continue
    Any idea how I could solve 4 or maybe 3a ?

Attached are my buildroot patch and .config, uclibc's .config is the default generated one.

JF
    Attached Files Attached Files

4. second pass of gcc (with --enable-shared) fails with some errors on decl.c ("decl.c:561: invalid lvalue in assignment")
    okay, 4. solved thanks to http://66.102.9.104/search?q=cache:r...signment&hl=fr

now gcc build ends with
    Code:
    /home/buildroot/build_mipsel/staging_dir/mipsel-linux-uclibc/bin/ld: libgcc/./_muldi3.o: compiled for a little endian system and target is big endian
    File in wrong format: failed to merge target specific data of file libgcc/./_muldi3.o
    any idea ?

Problem solved again using 'mips' as ARCH (not MIPSEL) at the buildroot 'make menuconfig' stage. (This should be a problem since MIPS is big endian while MIPSEL is a shorcut for MIPS Little Endian)

So compilation restarts... and now fails with :
    Code:
    /home/buildroot/toolchain_build_mips/gcc-3.2.3-final/gcc/xgcc -B/home/buildroot/toolchain_build_mips/gcc-3.2.3-final/gcc/ -B/home/buildroot/build_mips/staging_dir/mips-linux-uclibc/bin/ -B/home/buildroot/build_mips/staging_dir/mips-linux-uclibc/lib/ -isystem /home/buildroot/build_mips/staging_dir/mips-linux-uclibc/include -O2  -DIN_GCC -DCROSS_COMPILE  -DUSE_UCLIBC -W -Wall -Wwrite-strings -Wstrict-prototypes -Wmissing-prototypes -isystem ./include  -fPIC -g -DHAVE_GTHR_DEFAULT -DIN_LIBGCC2 -D__GCC_FLOAT_NOT_NEEDED -Dinhibit_libc -shared -nodefaultlibs -Wl,--soname=libgcc_s.so.1 -Wl,--version-script=libgcc/./libgcc.map -o libgcc_s.so.1   libgcc/./_muldi3.o libgcc/./_negdi2.o libgcc/./_lshrdi3.o libgcc/./_ashldi3.o libgcc/./_ashrdi3.o libgcc/./_ffsdi2.o libgcc/./_clz.o libgcc/./_cmpdi2.o libgcc/./_ucmpdi2.o libgcc/./_floatdidf.o libgcc/./_floatdisf.o libgcc/./_fixunsdfsi.o libgcc/./_fixunssfsi.o libgcc/./_fixunsdfdi.o libgcc/./_fixdfdi.o libgcc/./_fixunssfdi.o libgcc/./_fixsfdi.o libgcc/./_fixxfdi.o libgcc/./_fixunsxfdi.o libgcc/./_floatdixf.o libgcc/./_fixunsxfsi.o libgcc/./_fixtfdi.o libgcc/./_fixunstfdi.o libgcc/./_floatditf.o libgcc/./_clear_cache.o libgcc/./_trampoline.o libgcc/./__main.o libgcc/./_exit.o libgcc/./_absvsi2.o libgcc/./_absvdi2.o libgcc/./_addvsi3.o libgcc/./_addvdi3.o libgcc/./_subvsi3.o libgcc/./_subvdi3.o libgcc/./_mulvsi3.o libgcc/./_mulvdi3.o libgcc/./_negvsi2.o libgcc/./_negvdi2.o libgcc/./_ctors.o libgcc/./_divdi3.o libgcc/./_moddi3.o libgcc/./_udivdi3.o libgcc/./_umoddi3.o libgcc/./_udiv_w_sdiv.o libgcc/./_udivmoddi4.o libgcc/./_pack_sf.o libgcc/./_unpack_sf.o libgcc/./_addsub_sf.o libgcc/./_mul_sf.o libgcc/./_div_sf.o libgcc/./_fpcmp_parts_sf.o libgcc/./_compare_sf.o libgcc/./_eq_sf.o libgcc/./_ne_sf.o libgcc/./_gt_sf.o libgcc/./_ge_sf.o libgcc/./_lt_sf.o libgcc/./_le_sf.o libgcc/./_unord_sf.o libgcc/./_si_to_sf.o libgcc/./_sf_to_si.o libgcc/./_negate_sf.o libgcc/./_make_sf.o libgcc/./_sf_to_df.o libgcc/./_thenan_sf.o libgcc/./_sf_to_usi.o libgcc/./_usi_to_sf.o libgcc/./_pack_df.o libgcc/./_unpack_df.o libgcc/./_addsub_df.o libgcc/./_mul_df.o libgcc/./_div_df.o libgcc/./_fpcmp_parts_df.o libgcc/./_compare_df.o libgcc/./_eq_df.o libgcc/./_ne_df.o libgcc/./_gt_df.o libgcc/./_ge_df.o libgcc/./_lt_df.o libgcc/./_le_df.o libgcc/./_unord_df.o libgcc/./_si_to_df.o libgcc/./_df_to_si.o libgcc/./_negate_df.o libgcc/./_make_df.o libgcc/./_df_to_sf.o libgcc/./_thenan_df.o libgcc/./_df_to_usi.o libgcc/./_usi_to_df.o  libgcc/./unwind-dw2.o libgcc/./unwind-dw2-fde.o libgcc/./unwind-sjlj.o -lc && rm -f libgcc_s.so && ln -s libgcc_s.so.1 libgcc_s.so
    /home/buildroot/build_mips/staging_dir/mips-linux-uclibc/bin/ld: cannot open crtbeginS.o: No such file or directory
    As usual, no crtbeginS.o in my toolchain's dirs.

I wasn't able to get rid of the crtbeginS.o problem

So I start a new way :
    I rebuild a full libc toolchain using gcc 3.2.3, binutils 2.13.2.1 and glibc 2.2.5.
    This seems to be ok after some hard work and many hours...

Now, how can I build mipsel-uclibc-gcc since compiling latest uclibc doesn't create it ? uclibc building only produce libs.

JF

I wasn't able to get rid of the crtbeginS.o problem

So I start a new way :
    I rebuild a full libc toolchain using gcc 3.2.3, binutils 2.13.2.1 and glibc 2.2.5.
    This seems to be ok after some hard work and many hours...

Now, how can I build mipsel-uclibc-gcc since compiling latest uclibc doesn't create it ? uclibc building only produce libs.

JF
    JF, no way. You've to use uclibc instead of glibc...
    BTW, have you checked openwrt buildroot for correct uclibc config? We should use the same. As for gcc/binutils - well, we would probably switch to gcc-3.3.x then...

P.S. Sorry for delay, I've missed this post somehow.

I was trying a glibc toolchain since broadcom uclibc toolchain seems to make use of the glibc one they provide (mipsel-uclibc-gcc is very small. is it a wrapper for mipsel-linux-gcc which links against uclibc ?)

I'll give a look at openwrt uclibc and check their config file.
    I'm now making a last try with gcc 3.2.3 & uclibc snapshot and switch to gcc 3.3 if no success.
    JF

I was trying a glibc toolchain since broadcom uclibc toolchain seems to make use of the glibc one they provide (mipsel-uclibc-gcc is very small. is it a wrapper for mipsel-linux-gcc which links against uclibc ?)
    Yes, this is a wrapper. Actually, uclibc switched from wrappers to real toolchain at some point.

P.S. uclibc 0.9.28 released a few days ago.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast