Thread: Question

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Question

For starters, sorry for asking a dumb question but I'm a newbie though very happy in succeeding to get my Asus to work. That is I have one last problem that I can't seem to fix.

For short: In the status window of cardsetting the current data rate on my desktop pc is 1 Mbs !! When I hit rescan it shows 54Mbps for about 1 sec and then drops back to 1 Mbps. On my laptop it stays 54Mbps.

How do I fix this?

Thanks
    Eric

Hmm... try turning off any power-saving features for the card. Also, try accessing a LAN computer, like transferring a large file, and see if the speed goes up at that time. See if the speed adjusts according to how much you're using.

RE Question

When downloading a large file, the speed goes to 11Mbps and not higher. After the download the rate drops back to 5 or 1. I can't find a setting where I can set power settings of the vard.
    Strange is that I have in the Advanced settings of the card on my laptop 7 options available with 54g mode as well. On my desktop I have only 3 options to set and no 54g mode setting??

Well, it's acting the way it should if power saving mode is enabled, I believe.... You've checked device manager and advanced properties, you said?

It really isn't a bad thing and may be considered a good thing. The bandwidth is limited to how much you need to use... so if you were transferring a large file between two network computers, it should go up to 48 or above depending on signal strength. At least, that's how I understand it.

uhm.. which wireless card(s) are we talking about?

My little Asus Collection: Too much to fit inhere, my 2 babies:WL500w 1.9.2.7-10(OLEG) VX2SE Yellow Lamborghini notebook

WL500g Forum Asus Files OpenDir

Asusforum.NL -- Asusforum.DE -- Asusforum.RU -- Asusforum.PL -- Asusforum.NET -- Asusforum.EU -- Asusforum.BE -- Asusforum.ES -- Asusforum.INFO

For feature reference you should make better titles for your questions! Instead of "Question" you should make it "WLAN data rate problem" or something like that! THis makes it a lot easier for people with similar problems to find answers through searching the forum and they don't have to re-ask questions that has already been answered. Search before ask!

S.
    PS: Don't read my latest question if you're looking for good examples to follow....