Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Error 501 when connecting to Transmission Remote

Quote Originally Posted by avberk View Post
    I am sure the problem is in the settings.json file, or you did not restart transmission-daemon after a change.

Can you post your settings.json file in an attachment, so i can have a look?

Can you tell me which subfolders you see in the /tmp/harddisk/torrent folder?
    also change the permissions on the torrent folder to 777 with 'chmod'

and also do this: (you could have too old versions of these packages)
    ipkg update
    ipkg install openssl
    ipkg install libcurl
    When I nano /tmp/harddisk/transmission/config/settings.json there is no contents in that file but when I nano /usr/local/root/.config/transmission-daemon/settings.json which is wat is created when I run transmission-daemon -f
    I have attached the file that gets created with the change that I did to the rpc-whitelist. I even copied this file to /tmp/harddisk/transmission/config/settings.json but that still didnt work. Why is it that it doesnt get created in the correct folder?

The folders I have in /tmp/harddisk/torrent folder are: blocklists resume torrents

I chmod to 777 the /tmp/harddisk/torrent and restarted tranmission but still gettings the 403 error.
    Attached Files Attached Files

the settings.json file should go to the folder

/tmp/harddisk/torrent

Try starting transmission-daemon with attached startup script. (replace the 10.0.0.* with *.*.*.*)
    make the script executable with chmod 755

and also do this: (you could have too old versions of these packages)
    ipkg update
    ipkg install openssl
    ipkg install libcurl
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by avberk; 19-06-2009 at 10:36.

Try :-)
    Code:
    chmod -R 770 /tmp/harddisk/transmission/
    RT-N13u dd-wrt | Toshiba 2.5" 160GB | pxe boot server

Guys I finally got it working =) looks great

I copied the S89trans file to /opt/etc/init.d/ folder and there were other tranmission files there which I deleted. Changed the permissions and rebooted and gave it a shot in the web browser which worked and then gave it a shot with transmission remote which worked as well. Im so happy, thanxs very much guys.

Just a few questions:

- the torrents are downloaded to /tmp/harddisk/torrent folder but how do u access this folder in windows, I can only view /mnt and /opt folders?

- I origannly had my completed torrents downloaded to /mnt/protected/Downloaders/Transmission/target and the uncompleted ones /mnt/protected/Downloaders/Transmission/work. I still have heaps of uncompleted torrents and some that are almost finished and are big files. Any chance of resuming these torrents with the new transmission?

I started a download and I then rebooted. Found that the torrent was removed? How can i prevent this?

Quote Originally Posted by buddy View Post
    Guys I finally got it working =) looks great

I copied the S89trans file to /opt/etc/init.d/ folder and there were other tranmission files there which I deleted. Changed the permissions and rebooted and gave it a shot in the web browser which worked and then gave it a shot with transmission remote which worked as well. Im so happy, thanxs very much guys.

Just a few questions:

- the torrents are downloaded to /tmp/harddisk/torrent folder but how do u access this folder in windows, I can only view /mnt and /opt folders?
    Several possebilities:
    -share the folder with 'samba'
    -you can use an ftp client. e.g. vsftpd
    -you can install winscp from winscp.net
    Search the forum for these possibilities and how to use them.
    - I origannly had my completed torrents downloaded to /mnt/protected/Downloaders/Transmission/target and the uncompleted ones /mnt/protected/Downloaders/Transmission/work. I still have heaps of uncompleted torrents and some that are almost finished and are big files. Any chance of resuming these torrents with the new transmission?
    [/QUOTE]
    Just give it a try with one torrent. Just move the file and the torrent to the new location...not sure if it will work..
    Last edited by avberk; 20-06-2009 at 10:56.

Quote Originally Posted by buddy View Post
    I started a download and I then rebooted. Found that the torrent was removed? How can i prevent this?
    Can you tell in which folder your torrent(s) are stored?

If it is not on /tmp/harddisk/torrent/torrents, then that's the problem.
    Maybe you need to put the correct folder in settings.json manually.

Second thing you might want to try:

Stop the torrents before you reboot.

Hope this helps..
    Last edited by avberk; 20-06-2009 at 11:11.

Winscp works great and I can now c my /tmp folder

I actually put my torrents in /mnt/Downloads a folder I made up because I tried one torrent and what happened is I got a error message from transmission remote saying unable to connect to server and thats why I rebooted and when I opened transmission again the torrent was gone. I dont understand it's like everytime I reboot everything gets removed like settings.json and the torrents.

I am able to set transmission remote to connect to /mnt/Downloads to access my torrents and they resume but I have to add the torrent again everytime I get that unable to connect to remote server error message as I have to reboot. I changed the settings.json file so it connects to /mnt/Downloads but it gets removed after a reboot??

SO thats y I made a folder for my existing torrents cos I didnt want to lose them. Y might this be so, how can i fix it?

The reason you loose the files in /mnt/downloads is because these files are not stored on your harddisk, but on volatile ram of the asus itself.

Thus, unless you save the torrents to flash (which makes no sense, since you have a harddisk/usb drive) the files are lost when you reboot.

Thus i recommend to put the torrents on /tmp/harddisk/torrent.

Check the settings.json file and change it to this setting:

"download-dir": "\/tmp\/harddisk\/torrent",

If you would like an alternative location, you can also make a subfolder
    in /opt (which is normally the same as /tmp/harddisk).

The reason you loose the files in /mnt/downloads is because these files are not stored on your harddisk, but on volatile ram of the asus itself.

Thus, unless you save the torrents to flash (which makes no sense, since you have a harddisk/usb drive) the files are lost when you reboot.

Thus i recommend to put the torrents on /tmp/harddisk/torrent.

Check the settings.json file and change it to this setting:

"download-dir": "\/tmp\/harddisk\/torrent",

If you would like an alternative location, you can also make a subfolder
    in /opt (which is normally the same as /tmp/harddisk).
    I gave it a shot to have my torrents in /tmp/harddisk/torrent but everytime I rebooted they disappeared.

Even trying to have the settings.json file in /tmp/harddisk/torrent folder wouldnt work as when I saved to flash it wouldnt save but when I had the put the settings.json file in /tmp/local/root/.config/transmission-daemon and saved to flash it saved.

I then edited the settings.json file and made the directory to save the torrents /tmp/harddisk/torrent but when I rebooted the torrent file and what had downloaded dissappeared. Like it had to be saved to flash (like what ur saving about /mnt, may I have the tmp drive as being the ram and /mnt as being the harddrive?)

whereas having the torrents in /mnt they dont dissapear as I edited the S90trans file to work with the settings.json and to download the torrents to /mnt/Downloads

/opt/bin/transmission-daemon -a *.*.*.* -g /tmp/local/root/.config/transmission-daemon -T -w /mnt/Downloads -l 20

Although the problem still being is the .torrent file itself being in /tmp/local/root/.config/transmission-daemon/torrents gets removed when I reboot. How can I change it so the .torrent files dont dissapear or if I can change the directory where the .torent files get saved and loaded up again when transmission starts again?

One thing i don't understand why transmission is not installed to /opt

it should normally be here:

"/opt/share/transmission"

Do you have a /opt folder?

Can you post the output of 'df'?

What kind of disks are connected to the asus?

One thing i don't understand why transmission is not installed to /opt

it should normally be here:

"/opt/share/transmission"

Do you have a /opt folder?

Can you post the output of 'df'?

What kind of disks are connected to the asus?

I have a folder "/opt/share/transmission"

output of df is:
    Code:
    [admin@WL-500GP root]$ df
    Filesystem           1K-blocks      Used Available Use% Mounted on
    rootfs                    3072      3072         0 100% /
    /dev/root                 3072      3072         0 100% /
    /dev/discs/disc0/part2
                          15694088    437032  14459832   3% /opt
    /dev/discs/disc0/part3
                         937887716 209317168 680928588  24% /mnt
    I have a 1TB Western Digital External

it's getting a bit messy now.

Forget about /tmp and putting your torrents there, this probably not a good location.

Try to start everything from /mnt as you did with your downloads.

thats what I ended up doing is changing the S90trans file to have this argument load transmission-daemon
    /opt/bin/transmission-daemon -a *.*.*.* -g /mnt/transmission-daemon -T -w /mnt/Downloads -l 20

And it works and no files r removed when i reboot =)

Thanxs so much for ur help avberk, much appreciated.

Was gonna ask how would I go about accessing Transmission from a remote computer? Say if I was at a mates house and I would like to c if my downloads were completed or add a torrent when Im not at home but so it starts while im away? Should I start a new thread?

I am finding that after a while I get an error with transmission saying failed to connect and therefore I reboot but I find it having to check all my torrents again before continuing downloading which takes ages for torrents that are like 5gb?

Also I find that transmission is slowing down my net alot even when its not downloading at a quick speed?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast