Page 14 of 26 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: New Asus RT-N16 Router

Quote Originally Posted by hggomes View Post
    I also don't know the reason, but changing to ASUS FW it's the only way to see if the problem it's related with Tomato.

Só agora é que reparei que também és Tuga
    I only now noticed that you are Portuguese too
    Instead of loading ASUS original firmware right away i´ve loaded dd-wrt to give it a try.

With dd-wrt I can load those pages!!!

I believe it´s not only Tomato related but ALSO Tomato Victek related since the other router (wl500gp) had a little dificulty opening correiomanha.pt (sometimes it would even time out) but if we hit F5 the page would load.

hggomes sou, sim português e se quisesses falar sobre isto noutro forum em português agradecia muito! Também enviei estas "queixas" para o linksysinfo.org mas eles não me ligaram nada...estão demasiado excitados com esta release do tomato

abraço

works fine on my tomato flashed router. not sure what you're smokin'

Quote Originally Posted by though View Post
    works fine on my tomato flashed router. not sure what you're smokin'
    ROTFL

Could be a routing problem, you have a different ISP, other IP, other routing...

have you had any dropouts, etc. before/after your mod???

New pictures

I finally measured the temperature from STOCK and NEW cooler after 1 hour of use and those were the results:

STOCK: 36ºC
    NEW: 29ºC

I´m not sure if i understand the question. I have never any kind of problems with RT-N16 without the mod, i only wanted to do it cause the temperature is a little bit lower.

If there were any kind of dropouts they only could be happening before the mod, never after. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by though View Post
    have you had any dropouts, etc. before/after your mod???
    Last edited by hggomes; 22-01-2010 at 22:14.

cool so maybe some people that are experiencing the dropouts can try the mod

I have no dropouts moor after installing the RT-N16_9.9.4.75.trx beta firmware.

Is it possible to use the JTAG VCC and GND pins to power a small fan? What is the voltage on it? 3.3v? It might not be too loud...
    I'm planning to buy a kit to coold the unit down...

Yes it's possible, but in my opinion it's whorthless. Passive cooling (bigger heatsink) it's MORE than enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Catalin View Post
    Is it possible to use the JTAG VCC and GND pins to power a small fan? What is the voltage on it? 3.3v? It might not be too loud...
    I'm planning to buy a kit to coold the unit down...

Yes it's possible, but in my opinion it's whorthless. Passive cooling (bigger heatsink) it's MORE than enough.
    I completely agree with that...
    routers like these should be maintenance free, you don't want to be cleaning dust inside it because of some fan spinning 24/7.

Perhaps you can make it useful when you put a thermo switch between it, so the fan will only run when the temperature is like... 45 degrees C

The stock temperatures measured by hggomes are about the best operating temperatures for routers like these

Well, to be onest, with the original firmware, those routers are far from being maintenance - free...
    The idea of using a fan came when I've searched for suitable heatsinks, and couldn't find anything good, except that kit which I've already ordered...
    As soon as it arrives I will test to see if it's the fan will make too much noise at 3.3v, as it is designed to work at 12v.

------------------------------
    Back on topic, Oleg's firmware seems to be almost ready, looking at the google code page...

I've tested today the Tomato FW and the USB transfers are a little disapointed/weird but i think that justify the name BETA

FTP transfers start on 6MB/s for a few seconds, then 2-3mb/s, sometime later 6mb/s again...

Let's wait for Oleg

PS: I was hoping more from such hardware "improvements" WL500GP/W => RT-N16, it's better of course but i think it has "only" the double of power
    I have the proof of that when i use SSL/TLS encryption, it doens't have enough processor power

I will try to overclock to 533MHZ (BCM4718 Announced Speed), and compare the results/improvements.
    Last edited by hggomes; 27-01-2010 at 02:05.

Quote Originally Posted by Catalin View Post
    Well, to be onest, with the original firmware, those routers are far from being maintenance - free...
    I was talking about the hardware

Oleg for RT-N16

Anyone here, in English part of the forum, testing new beta of Oleg for RT-N16? As discussed in Russian forum http://www.wl500g.info/showthread.ph...ge=57&p=180330 and forward. Actually already second beta this week.

I am running DD-WRT for now, but looking forward for stable Oleg (I like it more).
    P

Page 14 of 26 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast