Thread: New Asus RT-N16 Router

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by hggomes View Post
    Anyone tried 3G Connection on the current firmware? Does it work ok? Firewall / Forwarding issues?

I've tried Koppel & Mango FW and i simple CAN'T redirect / open / forward ports (firewall not working) Anyone?

Thanks in advance.
    3G modems support now in development (in the first place for wl500-branch). Current version contains two branches of dial scripts - Koppel`s and our universal dial script.

Redirect / open / forward ports will work presumptive because used common code for pppoe, ppptp connections, but really not tested.

Try to use latest version at ftp://core.dumped.ru/rt-n/ with universal dial script.
    Last edited by rss; 01-07-2010 at 17:50.

Hi guys! It's been almost a year since my last visit but you know... I had a perfect asus WL-500GP v2 with Oleg's fw and I was happy all the time Yesterday I've bought an RT-N16 and the problems, unfortunately, begun.

As you all know the Asus FW sucks, so I tried Olegs and ddWRT to test if I get better performance, since I have 1 media centers (cat5), 5 laptops (wifi), 3 smartphones (wifi) and a homeserver (cat55), all connected to de RT-N16.

Strangely I got no wifi neither with oleg's neither with ddwrt unless I put them exclusively on channel 1. I don't get it, how is this happening? Can you help me?

I use open system security with mac address access restriction.

Thank you very much and sorry for my English.

Quote Originally Posted by glorifiedg View Post
    Hi guys! It's been almost a year since my last visit but you know... I had a perfect asus WL-500GP v2 with Oleg's fw and I was happy all the time Yesterday I've bought an RT-N16 and the problems, unfortunately, begun.

As you all know the Asus FW sucks, so I tried Olegs and ddWRT to test if I get better performance, since I have 1 media centers (cat5), 5 laptops (wifi), 3 smartphones (wifi) and a homeserver (cat55), all connected to de RT-N16.

Strangely I got no wifi neither with oleg's neither with ddwrt unless I put them exclusively on channel 1. I don't get it, how is this happening? Can you help me?

I use open system security with mac address access restriction.

Thank you very much and sorry for my English.
    Hi, was the WIFI working with original ASUS fw?

Kernel 2.6.3x

Interesting: (https://dev.openwrt.org/ticket/6580)

"Would be nice. I have not seen any info if bcm4718 is supported by b43, and I don't know if the proprietary Broadcom driver works with newer 2.6 kernels. Currently the 2.6 builds available (dd-wrt, Tomato, stock) use kernel versions around 2.6.22-24 and the proprietary Broadcom driver. OpenWrt trunk currently uses 2.6.3x kernels."

As you can dig from OpenWRT svn, they receive contribution with partial sources of broadcom driver 5.10.56.27 for MIPS.

It use in our firmware requires deep tests, since we hasn't any knowledge about binary part of it. After this, we should try to port Broadcom SDK to newer kernel. It is large task too...

Quote Originally Posted by hggomes View Post
    Hi, was the WIFI working with original ASUS fw?
    Thanks for replying!

Yes it was working with the original FW.

Quote Originally Posted by glorifiedg View Post
    Thanks for replying!

Yes it was working with the original FW.
    In that case you can try those:

1. Load default settings /reset on the fw you are using.
    2. Check if you wifi is working after loading defaults, before you costumize any setting.
    3. Try to connect to the router in other computer, and see if the same problem is happening.
    Last edited by hggomes; 27-07-2010 at 02:29.