Page 9 of 26 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 135 of 390

Thread: New Asus RT-N16 Router

  1. #121
    Quote Originally Posted by domper View Post
    There's a small review with performance charts here. I'm a bit disappointed, I expected much better routing and wireless performance - now there's a Zyxel NBG-460N at my home for testing purposes, less features but more then 400MBit/sec routing and 110 MBps real wireless speed.

    Can someone confirm if these speeds mentoined in the article above are the limit of this device? Now my ISP provides 120 MBps, this router may be the bottleneck after the next speedincrease....
    I think you cannot trust in that review:

    http://www.smallnetbuilder.com/compo...rt/Itemid,189/

    Or it may be a firmware issue cause if you noticed the Linksys WRT320N is equiped with the slower BCM4717 CPU 354MHZ and is a better performer, just like WRT600N with BCM4705 300MHZ (very the same as BCM4704 from WL500GP) and it measures 164MB, in that review its considered better than RT-N16 and WRT320N, not possible...

    Samba performance write is less than my WL-500GP? Don't think so.

    Wait for OLEG firmware
    Last edited by hggomes; 22-10-2009 at 16:04.

  2. #122
    May i suggest a new Forum group for the RTN16 or the new RTN models?

    Seems already quite popular, and now its out, I guess a lot more questions, guides, pictures & firmware will be posted in the near future.

    Cannot find the Router anywhere in Denmark.......still searching.....

    By the way - Thanks to all you guys for benchmark testing and so on....Great
    Last edited by msj33; 22-10-2009 at 22:03.

  3. #123
    Quote Originally Posted by msj33 View Post
    May i suggest a new Forum group for the RTN16 or the new RTN models?

    Seems already quite popular, and now its out, I guess a lot more questions, guides, pictures & firmware will be posted in the near future.

    Cannot find the Router anywhere in Denmark.......still searching.....

    By the way - Thanks to all you guys for benchmark testing and so on....Great
    I was thinking the same.

    Administrators please move this thread to: AsusForum.NET -- WL500g > Asus RT-N16 and please rename "NEW ASUS RTN16" to "NEW ASUS RT-N16"

    Thanks

  4. #124
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    The Netherlands - Eindhoven
    Posts
    1,767
    Quote Originally Posted by hggomes View Post
    I was thinking the same.

    Administrators please move this thread to: AsusForum.NET -- WL500g > Asus RT-N16 and please rename "NEW ASUS RTN16" to "NEW ASUS RT-N16"

    Thanks
    I looked up how to create another sub forum here... but I don't have the rights
    so we have to wait for antiloop or oleg to make such forum
    I wrote antiloop a PM already...

  5. #125
    Here are the stock capabilities and I've attached the cfe.bin


    Code:
    # cd /bin
    # ls
    ash          dmesg        grep         mv           rmdir        uname
    attr         eapd         kill         netstat      setfacl      usleep
    busybox      echo         ln           ping         setfattr     wps_ap
    cat          egrep        ls           ping6        sh           wps_monitor
    chacl        false        mkdir        printenv     sleep
    chmod        fgrep        mknod        ps           touch
    cp           getfacl      more         pwd          true
    df           getfattr     mount        rm           umount
    #







    Code:
    # cd /sbin
    # ls
    arp                              rmwebcam
    convert_asus_values              route
    ddns_updated                     rsrom
    eject_usb1                       run_apps
    eject_usb2                       run_dms
    erase                            run_ftp
    gpio                             run_ftpsamba
    halt                             run_samba
    hotplug                          sendalarm
    hotplug2                         speedtest
    hotplug_usb_mass                 start_ddns
    ifconfig                         start_dns
    init                             stats
    initial_var_file                 stop_dms
    insmod                           stop_ftp
    ip                               stop_ftpsamba
    klogd                            stop_samba
    logread                          stopservice
    lsmod                            swapoff
    mkswap                           swapon
    ntp                              sysctl
    ots                              syslogd
    pivot_root                       test_of_var_files_in_mount_path
    poweroff                         udevtrigger
    preinit                          vsftpd
    radioctrl                        watchdog
    rc                               waveservermain
    rcamdmain                        wlan_update
    reboot                           wmac
    restart_qos                      write
    restore                          write_disc_status
    rmmod                            write_smb_conf
    rmstorage                        wsrom
    #







    Code:
    # cd /usr/bin
    # ls
    [           dirname     free        less        tail        uptime
    [[          du          head        mkfifo      telnet      wget
    basename    env         hostid      passwd      test        xargs
    clear       expr        id          printf      top         yes
    cut         find        killall     reset       traceroute
    #




    Code:
    # cd /usr/sbin
    # ls
    brctl             igs               ntpclient         upnp
    chpasswd          infosvr           nvram             upnpnat
    dnsmasq           iptables          pppd              utelnetd
    dproxy            iptables-restore  pppoe             vconfig
    emf               l2tp-control      pppoe-relay       wanduck
    epi_ttcp          l2tpd             pptp              wl
    et                lld2d             rdate             wlconf
    ez-ipupdate       lld2d.conf        tc                wrt54g.large.ico
    httpd             lpd               telnetd           wrt54g.small.ico
    icon.ico          nas               u2ec
    igmp              nas4not           udhcpc
    igmpproxy         networkmap        udhcpd
    #
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Masterman; 23-10-2009 at 01:39.

  6. #126
    That's funny. Look at line 763 of RT-N16cfe.bin in a text editor or offset 2FC88h in a hex editor.

  7. #127
    Quote Originally Posted by CHRONOMASTER View Post
    That's funny. Look at line 763 of RT-N16cfe.bin in a text editor or offset 2FC88h in a hex editor.
    "What are you fucking doing!!"


    LMAO!

  8. #128
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    The Netherlands - Eindhoven
    Posts
    1,767
    Quote Originally Posted by Masterman View Post
    "What are you fucking doing!!"


    LMAO!
    yes indeed

    still kinda unprofessional feel tho

  9. #129
    Quote Originally Posted by CHRONOMASTER View Post
    That's funny. Look at line 763 of RT-N16cfe.bin in a text editor or offset 2FC88h in a hex editor.
    It's not a surprise, same message exists in almost every brcm cfe
    just execute following to check it
    Code:
    cat /dev/mtd/0 | grep doing
    Last edited by theMIROn; 24-10-2009 at 01:47.

  10. #130
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    EU's border...
    Posts
    71
    Maybe this is the Broadcom motto!

  11. #131
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    The Netherlands - Eindhoven
    Posts
    1,767
    is it safe to try out http://wl500g.googlecode.com/svn/branches/rt-n/ yet?
    or is it still in such an alpha state it would be dangerous to compile and flash?

  12. #132
    Quote Originally Posted by wpte View Post
    is it safe to try out http://wl500g.googlecode.com/svn/branches/rt-n/ yet?
    or is it still in such an alpha state it would be dangerous to compile and flash?
    I'd rather say that it's in pre-pre-alpha state, branch cannot be even built.
    So, be patient, please

  13. #133
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Den Bosch
    Posts
    24

    new beta firmware

    There is a new ASUS RT-N16 beta firmware Version 9.9.3.7
    Has someone this already tested?

    http://support.asus.com/download/dow...1&model=RT-N16

  14. #134
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    The Netherlands - Eindhoven
    Posts
    1,767
    Quote Originally Posted by jacktheripper View Post
    There is a new ASUS RT-N16 beta firmware Version 9.9.3.7
    Has someone this already tested?

    http://support.asus.com/download/dow...1&model=RT-N16
    I just tried it...
    usb disk speeds seem to be averagely a bit better... But I couldn't find any other changes
    maybe they tweaked QoS a bit more? dunno, since I'm not messing with it anymore

  15. #135
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Den Bosch
    Posts
    24
    Quote Originally Posted by wpte View Post
    I just tried it...
    usb disk speeds seem to be averagely a bit better... But I couldn't find any other changes
    maybe they tweaked QoS a bit more? dunno, since I'm not messing with it anymore
    FTP interface has changed and FTP is working beter now.

Page 9 of 26 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. New Asus RT-N65U Router
    By Omega in forum English Discussion
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 31-10-2013, 22:55
  2. Asus WL-330N3G Travel Router - 3G Router из коробки
    By Romtron in forum Russian Discussion - РУССКИЙ (RU)
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 09-09-2013, 15:38
  3. New Asus RT-N66U Router
    By hggomes in forum English Discussion
    Replies: 280
    Last Post: 02-07-2013, 19:29
  4. New Asus RT-AC66U router (5G 802.11ac)
    By Omega in forum English Discussion
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 12-10-2012, 02:51
  5. New Asus RT-N53 Router
    By hggomes in forum English Discussion
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 27-09-2011, 05:04

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •