Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Transmission problem

No solution?

Transmission after reboot

Every time I reboot my wl500gpV2 transmission starts to "verify" my torrents.
    I've in pre-shutdown a row that kill the daemon.
    It's possible to shutdown/reboot the system avoiding the verify of the torrents on next boot?

Quote Originally Posted by gu4rd1an View Post
    Every time I reboot my wl500gpV2 transmission starts to "verify" my torrents.
    I've in pre-shutdown a row that kill the daemon.
    It's possible to shutdown/reboot the system avoiding the verify of the torrents on next boot?
    you must pause torrents before rebooting like:
    Code:
    transmission-remote -t all -S
    sleep 5
    and start after rebooting:
    Code:
    transmission-remote -t all -s
    u can add to:
    /usr/local/sbin/post-boot
    /usr/local/sbin/pre-shutdown

or to: S90transmission-daemon (/opt replace /tmp/harddisk/ if u have like wengi)
    Code:
    #!/bin/sh
    case $1 in
      start)
        echo "starting transmission"
        /opt/bin/transmission-daemon -g /opt/transmission/config
        sleep 3
        transmission-remote -t all -s
      ;;
      stop)
        transmission-remote -t all -S
        sleep 5
        if [ -n "`pidof transmission-daemon`" ]; then
          kill -9 `pidof transmission-daemon`
        fi
      ;;
      restart)
        $0 stop
        $0 start
      ;;
      *)
        echo "usage: $0 (start|stop|restart)"
        exit 1
    esac
    Last edited by gouryella; 23-04-2009 at 21:11.
    RT-N13u dd-wrt | Toshiba 2.5" 160GB | pxe boot server

thanks for your reply! I've just done like this before reading the post but I'm glad to see that it's the right solution

Transmission problem

I am following wengi's tutorial everything works fine up till when I point the browser to transmission I get nothing. The transmission deamons start I check it through ps it shows up. But it wont pop up on the browser.
    I have the wl-500w and I have installed this firmware perfectly last week for someone else. I don't know why it's not working now. Is it the new transmission 1.60. I have found another post there is a problem with the browser at the moment giving 404 error. I think it is the same issue I am experiencing. Is there somehow I can revert to a previous versiion.

Thanks in advance
    Last edited by kolp; 06-05-2009 at 16:31.

Hi kolp, I'm experiencing the same problem I was using transmission until 1.6 and every thing was working fine but after updating to 1.60-1 it wasn't the conf. file is changed and moved if some one knows how can fix this please help

Thumbs up Transmission working fine

Thanks guys

Connect to remote SSH host for transmission

I have a Asus500gp and works fine with transmission. I want to know how how to connect/route all traffic from transmission to a SSH host

Thanks
    Last edited by goodgod; 17-05-2009 at 00:49.

Transmission supports proxies only for communication with the tracker not for p2p communication.
    i. e. you cannot tunnel your p2p traffic with a regular ssh tunnel.
    You will need an IP or ethernet tunnel, like openvpn, vtun, ppp, ... with routing setup accordingly.

Thanks for the reply.
    I understand that part that I need openVPN. I just need to know how to
    configure transmission to use openvpn to the remote host.

You have to configure your routing rules that all traffic goes over the VPN tunnel.
    That maybe difficult, if you do not want to route all traffic on the WL-500gp over the VPN tunnel (even the one, that is not generated by transmission).
    Then you would have to use policy based routing.

Transmission Downloading Problem

I was trying to get Transmission Remote to work and in doin so I installed a new version of transmission and then that version wasn't allowing me to connect through the web interface.

Anyways cut a long story short I am now able to connect to transmission though the web interafce but my torrents arn't downloading. On the web interface it shows that I am downloading some torrents at a certain speed but leave it a few hours and no progress. Another reason why I know the torrents arn't downloading is that the harddrive light on my external isn't showing that it's writting to the harddrive. Im not sure what file I edited which made this problem happen.

I have installed transmission 1.71

Can anyone please help me with this problem?

Transmission Problem - Downloads Not Writting to Harddrive

I was trying to get Transmission Remote to work and in doin so I installed a new version of transmission and then that version wasn't allowing me to connect through the web interface.

Anyways cut a long story short I am now able to connect to transmission though the web interafce but my torrents arn't downloading. On the web interface it shows that I am downloading some torrents at a certain speed but leave it a few hours and no progress. Another reason why I know the torrents arn't downloading is that the harddrive light on my external isn't showing that it's writting to the harddrive. Im not sure what file I edited which made this problem happen.

I have installed transmission 1.71

Can anyone please help me with this problem?

got it going

got it going

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast