Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Transmission problem

Transmission from WAN?

I have installed and used Transmission for awhile now and it works pretty well.
    One big problem though - I never got transmission accessible from the wan side!? I forwarded port 8008 to the local IP of my WL500 (10.0.0.4) from the routers webinterface (Virtual server) but nothing happens when I try to access my public IP xxx.xxx.xx.xx:8008 I can access my ouetr through port :8080 but not transmission or twonky either on port 9000?

All other forwarding work well.

- Any ideas - Regards Rasmus

Red face

My firewall..!

Transmission From WAN?

Hi, How to access the Transmission Web interface without the need of disabling my firewall??

Thanks,

Is it possible to put Transmission... ?

Is it possible to configure, when no one is connected to the Asus, put transmission downloading, and the oposite, stop transmission when someone is connected??
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by xgold View Post
    Is it possible to configure, when no one is connected to the Asus, put transmission downloading, and the oposite, stop transmission when someone is connected??
    Thanks.
    you most likely need to recompile the sources for that, after you added a little self made program that test this situation...
    I guess oleo knows more about this...
    it isn't really the meaning of transmission tho, it is supposed to download whithout any help of other pc's

Quote Originally Posted by xgold View Post
    ... when no one is connected to the Asus...
    What do you mean? When all LAN devices are offline, or when nobody is using the web-interface on the router, or there is no LAN to WAN traffic?
    You could run a cron-job that checks your preferred condition, and blocks/unblocks all transmission-related traffic via iptables rules. You could stop and start the transmission-daemon as well.
    Another idea is to change the maximum upload/download bandwidth with transmission-remote.
    Last edited by MMCM; 21-11-2008 at 17:53. Reason: typo

how to start and stop transmission daemon properly - without any data loss?

http://trac.transmissionbt.com/wiki/HeadlessUsageDebian

I am using the attached script on ubuntu server, slightly modified with a umask addition to allow r/w access of regular users to the downloaded files.

You should read the man pages of transmission-daemon and transmission-remote for further information.

You can start/stop/pause individual torrents as well...

Quote Originally Posted by MMCM View Post
    What do you mean? When all LAN devices are offline, or when nobody is using the web-interface on the router, or there is no LAN to WAN traffic?
    You could run a cron-job that checks your preferred condition, and blocks/unblocks all transmission-related traffic via iptables rules. You could stop and start the transmission-daemon as well.
    Another idea is to change the maximum upload/download bandwidth with transmission-remote.
    I mean when no computer is connected to the network.
    Can you please explain better your solution. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by MMCM View Post
    http://trac.transmissionbt.com/wiki/HeadlessUsageDebian

I am using the attached script on ubuntu server, slightly modified with a umask addition to allow r/w access of regular users to the downloaded files.

You should read the man pages of transmission-daemon and transmission-remote for further information.

You can start/stop/pause individual torrents as well...
    This script resolve my problem ?
    Last edited by xgold; 09-03-2009 at 15:29.

help transmission

I can't get transmission working. I've used wengi's tutorial en installed all the packeges but i cannot get transmission working (when i trie to start up transmission i've got a syntex error)

linux newbie

transmission cpu load?

Hi!
    i upgraded to the latest transmission(1.5*) via ipkg upgrade, now transmission is very slow and it runs at 95-99% cpu load(with one torrent running), wich means that the web interface takes very long to load, sometimes a minute or more. when using transmission-remote to list torrents and/or files it usually takes about 20-30 seconds before results turn up.

is this an issue with transmission or with the firmware on my router?

any tips on how to make it play nice again?

//Heathen

how big is the file(s) your trying to download?
    and maybe it's hashing (looking if the data is not corrupted), wich can take a while and needs quite a lot of cpu

Well if i download a file bigger then 10Mb the cpu load goes way up there, this happens every time and not just on one file. and it started after the upgrade.

would it help if i uninstall transmission and delete all its files and reinstall it?

//Heathen

Quote Originally Posted by Heathen View Post
    Well if i download a file bigger then 10Mb the cpu load goes way up there, this happens every time and not just on one file. and it started after the upgrade.

would it help if i uninstall transmission and delete all its files and reinstall it?

//Heathen

maybe, but if you remove it, you have to do it properly to test it's effect, so also remove the ".settings" folder

i've removed it and reinstalled, this time i skipped using a blocklist and now it plays nicer, cpu load have not yet gone above 65% and the web interface loads quick and nice.

not sure if it was the blocklist that was the problem, I'll add that later to see if the problem comes back. just want to test it a bit more with out the block list first.

//Heathen

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast