Thread: Help Needed

Post Help Needed

Hello all.

Although Polish part of forum provides alot of answers i've decide to ask few questions here.
    First of all i would like to run rtorrent in screen after router restart, i've tried to add command to post-mount script but this ain't working:

Code:
    screen -dmS torrent "/opt/etc/init.d/S99rtorrent start"
    Second question is about creating torrents that will be seeded from my router. Some guy from an irc channel told me that i have to use "bittorrent and btmakemetafile.py script". I've installed Python and additional packages (bittorrent etc) but didn't get it to work. Maybe some of you know exactly what to do to transform router into seeding machine.

Third one, is there any way to "rip" audio stream from internet radio straight to the harddrive, if yes then how should i do it.

Many thanks for all answers

PS Sorry for my English.

1) You should start it directly by:
    PHP Code:
    S99rtorrent start 
    or create rc.unslung which will start all SXXxxx files from /opt/etc/init.d and also run it from post-boot or post-mount (see e.g. wengi's tut)

2) my experience is that it is better to create them on PC using e.g. uTorrent and then upload torrent files to the router for seeding.

check user and directories in [this script eddited by ecori and work fine]:
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by gouryella; 13-04-2009 at 08:30.
    RT-N13u dd-wrt | Toshiba 2.5" 160GB | pxe boot server

you can also use rtorrent to control ntorrent.
    works great!

and for creating a torrent:
    as was said by al37919, create the torrent on a PC, upload the files to the torrent directory via ftp or samba and then put the torrent file on.
    If you set hashing on, rtorrent will first check the entire file (how far it's done and if it doesn't havy any errors), after that you got your seeding machine

Thanks for reply on my questions

First issue have been solved by changing post-mount script (S99rtorrent) to the one that gouryella posted (thanks man).
    Second issue is still unsolved - don't know how to do this, i mean torrent with path on external drive, wont't there be a problem with paths?
    Third issue was solved with streamripper, and it works fine

PS. Is there, by any means, a way to port verlihub (similiar to opendchub direct connect hub but with better options) to mipsel platform.

PPS. I have a problem with download speed from rapidshare, after midnight my ISP doubles my download/upload rate but wget is still downloading with usual speed ~560KB/s. There's also the same problem with torrent downloading, i can only get about 2/3 of my connection speed. Does anyone know how to uncap this?

Thanks for helping me out and other users of this forum
    Last edited by cichy; 16-04-2009 at 01:06.