Hello
First of all, if this has been discussed in another topic (I have tried searching without success) please send me a PM and delete this thread.

I have a WL-500g Premium box.

I am looking forward to using Oleg's firmware, but I have a few questions before I use it. I want to use the router as a storage server (with an external hard drive on USB), print server and a few other goodies (detailed below). Some of the functionalities are already present in the original firmware, and I fear that I might loose them if I use Oleg's firmware.
  1. The first and foremost question: Does Oleg's firmware have anything in common with the original firmware, other than the Web interface? Is the original firmware also a linux, but without the posibility of SSH access & such?
  2. I see that there is a 'hack' to get 32 MB of RAM instead of 16 MB. Does this apply only to the Oleg Firmware, or the original firmware also has this limitation?
  3. I plan to have an HDD permanently attached to the router. Is only ext3 supported on the attached HDD?
  4. I plan to use a USB hub - I see some models work, some don't (I currently have a USB 1.1 hub). Will services be available to all the new ports, or are there known limitations?
  5. I plan to use the router as a print server (USB printer). I've read somewhere on the forum that only the RAW mode of communication is supported. Is that correct? Should I expect problems in operation? (I plan to use an HP printer)
  6. I am also keen on using the webcam motion detection and e-mail feature. Are webcams supported in Oleg's firmware? Also, the motion detection featureis still there? (I have a Creative LiveCam Vista! IM VF0260 - any idea with compatibility, both the original and Oleg's firmware)
  7. I also plan to use it as a multimedia (movies, music, pictures) storage, which can be retrieved by a PS3 (which I plan to buy) or an Xbox 360 through DLNA. The original firmware can stream to Xbox 360, and probably the PS3.
  8. I'd also use DDNS, but it's not "mandatory" (I can live without it, since I'd probably not change my WAN IP address that often). Is it still supported?
  9. Are there any known issues with PPPoE?
  10. Are FTP and HTTP (personal webpage) enabled by default? (i.e. no other packages required to be installed)
  11. I've read that NFS is better than SMB, but the first needs some work to be done on Windows PCs connecting to it. Which of them is enabled by default in Oleg's firmware?

Now, some feature questions
  1. Can I create different users with deifferent access rights to folders and configuration options?
  2. Is there a console web browser (like lynx or links) available to install?

Thank you in advance