Thread: mldonkey- lowID problem and version issue

mldonkey- lowID problem and version issue

Hi,
    First of all, I have WL500gP V1 with a HDD @ upper USB port and a static IP device plugged into WAN port.
    After installing Oleg's software, I have also managed to install and configure mldonkey and it's remote GUI, according to HOWTO: MLDonkey as Download Manager for WL-700g. Everything seems to be fine, except the lowID.
    To make it clear- all works, files are being downloaded from all networks (Donkey, BitTorrent and HTTP), but I keep getting a lowID @ Donkey network, which, as I suppose, causes the router not to see any more than 1-3 sources of any file and makes Donkey downloads completely inefficient.

According to instructions @ mldonkey homepage, I have altered my 'post-firewall' script and now it looks:
    Code:
    #!/bin/bash
    ##
    # Shell script to insert iptables rules opening the required ports for MLDonkey.
    # Currently supported networks are Edonkey2000, Overnet, BitTorrent and OpenNap.

# Please modify the following configuration settings according to your own
    # setup.

IF=eth0
    IPTABLES=iptables
    MLDONKEY_HOST=192.168.1.2
    EDONKEY_PORT=16503
    KAD_PORT=2983
    OVERNET_PORT=3451
    BITTORRENT_PORT=6882
    OPENNAP_PORT=9999

## MLDonkey acting as Edonkey2000 client
    iptables -I FORWARD -p tcp --dport $EDONKEY_PORT -j ACCEPT
    iptables -I FORWARD -p udp --dport $(($EDONKEY_PORT + 4)) -j ACCEPT
    iptables -t nat -I PREROUTING -i $IF -p tcp --dport $EDONKEY_PORT -j DNAT --to-destination $MLDONKEY_HOST
    iptables -t nat -I PREROUTING -i $IF -p udp --dport $(($EDONKEY_PORT + 4)) -j DNAT --to-destination $MLDONKEY_HOST

## MLDonkey acting as Kad client
    iptables -I FORWARD -p tcp --dport $KAD_PORT -j ACCEPT
    iptables -I FORWARD -p udp --dport $KAD_PORT -j ACCEPT
    iptables -t nat -I PREROUTING -i $IF -p tcp --dport $KAD_PORT -j DNAT --to-destination $MLDONKEY_HOST
    iptables -t nat -I PREROUTING -i $IF -p udp --dport $KAD_PORT -j DNAT --to-destination $MLDONKEY_HOST

## MLDonkey acting as Overnet client
    iptables -I FORWARD -p tcp --dport $OVERNET_PORT -j ACCEPT
    iptables -I FORWARD -p udp --dport $OVERNET_PORT -j ACCEPT
    iptables -t nat -I PREROUTING -i $IF -p tcp --dport $OVERNET_PORT -j DNAT --to-destination $MLDONKEY_HOST
    iptables -t nat -I PREROUTING -i $IF -p udp --dport $OVERNET_PORT -j DNAT --to-destination $MLDONKEY_HOST

## MLDonkey acting as Edonkey2000 server
    # $IPTABLES -I FORWARD -p tcp --dport $(($EDONKEY_PORT - 1)) -j ACCEPT
    # $IPTABLES -t nat -I PREROUTING -i $IF -p tcp --dport $(($EDONKEY_PORT - 1)) -j DNAT --to-destination $MLDONKEY_HOST

## MLDonkey acting as BitTorrent client
    iptables -I FORWARD -p tcp --dport $BITTORRENT_PORT -j ACCEPT
    iptables -t nat -I PREROUTING -i $IF -p tcp --dport $BITTORRENT_PORT -j DNAT --to-destination $MLDONKEY_HOST

## MLDonkey acting as OpenNap client
    #$IPTABLES -I FORWARD -p tcp --dport $OPENNAP_PORT -j ACCEPT
    #$IPTABLES -t nat -I PREROUTING -i $IF -p tcp --dport $OPENNAP_PORT -j DNAT --to-destination $MLDONKEY_HOST
    The port numbers I obtained from my config files.
    This didn't help- I keep getting lowID, with infos like
    WARNING : Your 16503 port is not reachable. Please review your network config.
    Could someone tell me what is wrong?

--==#==--

The second thing- in Oleg's resources the newest availible version is 2.9.3, with a strange name mlnet.byte.gz (which after unzipping, renaming & replacing mlnet.lite with, mldonkey fails to initialize /or I do something wrong/)
    As I've read on mldoney homepage, there is a 3.0 version availible, with a couple of variants to download. The question is- which one (if any) to choose and how to install it on my WL500gP?

Thanx in advance

add something like:
    Code:
    iptables -D INPUT -j DROP
    iptables -A INPUT -p udp --dport 16503 -j ACCEPT
    iptables -A INPUT -p tcp --dport 16503 -j ACCEPT
    iptables -A INPUT -j DROP
    to your:
    Code:
    nano /usr/local/sbin/post-firewall
    flashfs save && flashfs commit && flashfs enable && reboot
    btw: i am using aMule with high id without any problems, how-to is in my signature, follow with fucking up amuleweb, use AMuleGUI instead
    Last edited by gouryella; 10-04-2009 at 17:49.
    RT-N13u dd-wrt | Toshiba 2.5" 160GB | pxe boot server

Hmm, should I add these lines @ the end of file, or wipe the content and insert this?
    Those question might look stupid, but my linux- knowledge could be described as basics of basics.
    Last edited by Nostry; 11-04-2009 at 13:31.