Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Firmware v1.9.2.7 CR4 [Oleg]

IPv6

Wow with IPv6 support GREAT!!! but how do I set it up properly?

My isp supports the IPv6 network but I don't know how to setup the addresses (because they are unknown to me)

My other Windows 2003 machine is directly connected to the internet and can ping directly without a tunnel to an IPv6 address and even open IPv6 websites so i'm sure my ISP supports it.

Anyone who can help me setting it up in my network?

Quote Originally Posted by Oleg
    Added support for installable packages (thanks to Rod Whitby for help)
    P.S. Installable package feature is still need to be documented. The keyword is ipkg.
    Note that www.nslu2-linux.org has 276 packages (growing every day), and 92 of them build out-of-the-box for uClibC on the wl500g.

See http://ipkg.nslu2-linux.org/feeds/un...table/Packages for the complete list (not all of them will compile for uClibC - the nslu2 is glibc-based).

Kergoth (the OpenEmbedded maintainer) has also added uClibC 0.9.19 support for us, which should make quite a few of the 2000 or so OpenEmbedded packages available for the wl500g too. I will be adding an "asusoe" distribution for the "wl500g" machine to OpenEmbedded in the next couple of days.

-- Rod

Nice work! Excellent! If only I had a flash disk... To attempt to test free-radius, I just created a 2mb ext3 file in RAM following your instructions but with a count of 2...

"ipkg.sh update" tells me http://wl500g.dyndns.org/ipkg/Packages is a 404, as does my browser...

Quote Originally Posted by tomilius
    Nice work! Excellent! If only I had a flash disk... To attempt to test free-radius, I just created a 2mb ext3 file in RAM following your instructions but with a count of 2...

"ipkg.sh update" tells me http://wl500g.dyndns.org/ipkg/Packages is a 404, as does my browser...
    Seems that Oleg put the files in wl500g.dyndns.org/ipk instead of wl500g.dyndns.org/ipkg (note the 'g' on the end).

Oleg, can you move the files on the server from the ipk directory to a new ipkg directory ? It should be called ipkg cause that's what everyone else calls it :-)

-- Rod

I think I'll also mention, though this goes without saying by now (and you, Oleg, state that the WiFi driver is the same), that wireless issues are still present in this version (judging by my Event Log).

Oleg why don't you try to get a job at Asus? You're doing great things !

Silver in the Custom Developpment section posted smaller images to gain space, would this be worth?
    The Struggle Continues...
    Asus WL500g #1 with fw 1.9.2.7-7f running as main home gateway, with Philipps PWC730k
    Asus WL500g #2 with fw 1.9.2.7-7f running as Wireless Client, running palantir 2.6 with SPCA5xx camera on 128MB generic USB key

Problem upgrading

Hi,

I've successfully flashed the new firmware on my WL-HDD, but now the "old" root filesystem on my HDD is still mounted as root filesystem: how to copy the new root filesystem over the old one?

How can I mount the new filesystem from the new firmware and copy the files?

I tried mount /dev/root /sq -t squashfs but I get a permission denied message.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

hi,
    work like a charm on my Wl-hdd. Thanks for all this Oleg.
    Only two problems: files larger 2 GB become invisible browsing with Samba/CIFS or FTP and the NFS r/w buffers are limited to 8192...i think there will be a little performance boost if i can use 32768.

cu,
    peter

Hi,

Just flashed my router with this firmware in the hope of making my storage of files on my usb disk in both windows and mac a more enjoyable task than FTPing

However, I have come accross some problems:

Samba: By the look of it I have to change some settings 'in' my router, how can I go about activating this, and using it in win/mac

NFS: This looks more complete than Samba, however whenever I try to connect I get access denied, so I try to do it using my router user and password and it still fails..is this correct?

mount admin:admin@192.168.1.1:/usb /Mount

where I added usb as one of the exported names

Thank you very much in advance, hopefully I can use the shared usb disk to it's potential

Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby
    Seems that Oleg put the files in wl500g.dyndns.org/ipk instead of wl500g.dyndns.org/ipkg (note the 'g' on the end).

Oleg, can you move the files on the server from the ipk directory to a new ipkg directory ? It should be called ipkg cause that's what everyone else calls it :-)

-- Rod
    Sure, moved them. It should work now.

Quote Originally Posted by elpaso
    Hi,

I've successfully flashed the new firmware on my WL-HDD, but now the "old" root filesystem on my HDD is still mounted as root filesystem: how to copy the new root filesystem over the old one?

How can I mount the new filesystem from the new firmware and copy the files?

I tried mount /dev/root /sq -t squashfs but I get a permission denied message.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Code:
    rmdir /mnt
    reboot
    Once rebooted it should not mount rootfs and you should follow original instructions.

Quote Originally Posted by petgun
    hi,
    work like a charm on my Wl-hdd. Thanks for all this Oleg.
    Only two problems: files larger 2 GB become invisible browsing with Samba/CIFS or FTP and the NFS r/w buffers are limited to 8192...i think there will be a little performance boost if i can use 32768.

cu,
    peter
    Have you tried rsize and wsize mounting options?

Quote Originally Posted by mr0mega
    Samba: By the look of it I have to change some settings 'in' my router, how can I go about activating this, and using it in win/mac
    Nothing except specifying LAN host name and enabling samba.

NFS: This looks more complete than Samba, however whenever I try to connect I get access denied, so I try to do it using my router user and password and it still fails..is this correct?

mount admin:admin@192.168.1.1:/usb /Mount
    Nfs does not use usernames concept at all. So the right command should be as simmple as this:
    Code:
    mount -tnfs 192.168.1.1:/tmp/harddisk /Mount
    Also, you need to be sure, that directory /usb exists on the router or you've used appropriate options in the exports to map /usb to something really present. Did you?

Hi,

Thanks for answering my questions, I have enabled NFS, and created two folders on my usb disk, any directory specified in the mount command gives me this error:

John-Yourens-Computer:~ johnyouren$ mount -tnfs 192.168.1.1:/usb /Mount
    mount_nfs: can't access /usb: Permission denied

The same with your example:

John-Yourens-Computer:~ johnyouren$ mount -tnfs 192.168.1.1:/tmp/harddisk /Mount
    mount_nfs: can't access /tmp/harddisk: Permission denied

I will restart my mac, and see if I have any look with SAMBA

Also, I cannot get my mac to print, if I use RAW printing there is no way of specifing the port to use, and so that doesn't work.

If I set to LPR, it still won't print, even though it seems to send the data to the router.

If you have any ideas I would be more than happy to try them.

Thanks!

ok, update

on my usb disk there are two folders called Disk and usb, in the nfs section of the settings I added:

/disk
    /usb

Now, when I reference these files I get

John-Yourens-Computer:~ johnyouren$ mount -tnfs 192.168.1.1:/disk /Mount
    mount_nfs: can't access /disk: Permission denied
    John-Yourens-Computer:~ johnyouren$ mount -tnfs 192.168.1.1:/disk /Mount
    mount_nfs: can't access /disk: No such file or directory

it seems to flip between permission denied and no such file or directory :S

Also, if I type

smb://192.168.1.1

in my 'Go To Server' box on my mac it won't connect

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast