Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Firmware v1.9.2.7 CR4 [Oleg]

FTP subfolder problem

Hey Oleg

I´ve just updated to this new firmware, and i must say it runs more smoothly then the ASUS Unmodded firmware.

I have read thru this thred and i cant find enybody with the same problem as i.

Problem:

I want to upload all my mp3 music to my FTP, so i want to make a subfolder i a folder. There is no problem with making the folder in flash fxp, but when i try to upload enything to the subfolder i get an error.
    If i manualy make the folder, there is no problem uploading files to it.

Exampel:
    I make a folder path: Psytrance \ -Artist \ -2003-\
    And then i try to upload a folder with the album in, and then i fails.
    But if i creat the subfolder manualy and then upload the mp3 files to it, there is no problems.

I use a maxtor ide hardrive, with fat 32 format on it.

Would it help if i make it a linux partiton??

Sorry english is not my first language (",) so i hope this makes sense.

-Gustav

Quote Originally Posted by Oleg
    Unlikely. Which commands are causing this?
    Well, I was just trying some commands. Not any special commands which will change the settings but things like vi, cat, mkdir... Just testing the capabilities.

WDS with WPA-PSK and AES/TKIP

Is it possible to use WDS with WPA-PSK and both AES+TKIP encryptions?
    I noticed that most PDA's with WLAN only support WPA-PSK with TKIP (like ASUS A730w), but i want to have AES encryption for PC's and portables. And the WL-500g supports both encryptions at the same time in normal mode.
    So i want to have both encryptions available in our environment if possible.
    Last edited by jbrbv; 23-04-2005 at 14:47.

Quote Originally Posted by jbrbv
    Is it possible to use WDS with WPA-PSK and both AES+TKIP encryptions?
    I noticed that most PDA's with WLAN only support WPA-PSK with TKIP (like ASUS A730w), but i want to have AES encryption for PC's and portables. And the WL-500g supports both encryptions at the same time in normal mode.
    So i want to have both encryptions available in our environment if possible.
    Please read Known Bugs in the FAQ section.

I've read on first post that this firmware still has wi-fi issues. I just want to confirm the problem I have is determinated by the wi-fi driver or if my router chip is really broken.

With netstumbler, I get an output of 80dBm while the computer is just 1 meter away from the router, in the same room. Tried on a PCMCIA D-Link card and on a Centrino. Both have severe problems with wireless and I don't have signal in a distance of 5 meters tops.

What is your opinion? Firmware issues/wi-fi driver or broken chip? (I tried a different antenna, the one that bundles with asus motherboards and I had exactly the same problem).

Thanks,

Quote Originally Posted by nOBeLium
    I've read on first post that this firmware still has wi-fi issues. I just want to confirm the problem I have is determinated by the wi-fi driver or if my router chip is really broken.

With netstumbler, I get an output of 80dBm while the computer is just 1 meter away from the router, in the same room. Tried on a PCMCIA D-Link card and on a Centrino. Both have severe problems with wireless and I don't have signal in a distance of 5 meters tops.

What is your opinion? Firmware issues/wi-fi driver or broken chip? (I tried a different antenna, the one that bundles with asus motherboards and I had exactly the same problem).

Thanks,
    Looks like hardware problem. It should be about -30 - -50 dB.

Thank you for the reply Oleg. Any suggestion before taking it to the local shop I bought it from?

Quote Originally Posted by nOBeLium
    Thank you for the reply Oleg. Any suggestion before taking it to the local shop I bought it from?
    Flash ASUS firmware and reset to defaults before returning it.

Any special firmware? Since I want to be able to return to the wonderful custom firmware, I'd like to flash it with a firmware that allows me that. I've read that 1.9.3.6 version is harder to flashback.

Oleg was my question so stupid, that u dont want to answer it???

-Guch79

Quote Originally Posted by guch79
    Oleg was my question so stupid, that u dont want to answer it???

-Guch79
    I just have not enough time to check and fix everything. Some things could be guessed, some are well known, some requires getting flash fxp and checking why it does not work...
    Have you contaced ASUS tech support already?

Quote Originally Posted by michael
    jbrbv : I'm trying to get the same setup working, and have both my WL-500g's set up as you have said above, but still cant get bridging working - could you please give more information on your wireless settings that you used to getthis to work - my WL-500g's are on v1.9.2.7 CR4 and the other details are in the attached pdf - any help you could give would be very much appreciated
    just an update to this - I've tried running the two WL500g's in router mode and AP mode, tried with the same SSID and different SSID's (not that it should matter), tried specifying both WEP and WPA-PSK keys, as well as just WPA-PSK alone, tried setting both WL-500G's to pure WDS more with no AP, but nothing I do gets WDS working over WPA-PSK. I understand that WDS wont work over WPA due to the changing keys, but theres numerous posts here that people have WDS running OK over WPA-PSK, and I just cant get it to work.

Again, if anybody out there has a step by step howto on this it would be very much appreciated, but also if there are any tips on how to debug this that would also be good - I've looked at the wl command but cant get very far with it - for instance : is there some way it can tell me if a WDS connection has been attempted, or to force one?

Quote Originally Posted by Oleg
    Please read Known Bugs in the FAQ section.
    Oleg,
    I've tried WDS with WPA-PSK/AES on both the 1.9.3.6 BETA and the 1.9.2.7 CR4 firmware versions. Both work, although IMHO the 1.9.3.6 BETA works better for the WDS function. The combination WPA-PSK/AES+TKIP does not work on the 1.9.3.6 BETA. Before i had to load the 1.9.2.7. CR4 FW on both the routers i thought; i'd ask the forum.

I followed your reply:
    When selecting the FAQ menu, i found:
    1) known bugs in off. ASUS fw (as of 16-feb-05), by Oleg and Antiloop
    6) [WDS] Which speeds can be reached in reality with WDS

In part 1) there are the following known WPA-PSK and/or WDS bugs:
    8. Encryption WPA-PSK AES and WEP.
    9. WDS with WPA encryption does not function.

In part 6) Antiloop does let us know of his succesfull WDS setup with two WL-500g's with fw 1.8.1.7-3 and WPA-PSK AES and the speeds you might expect.

I could not find anything about WPA-PSK and AES+TKIP.

Did i overlooked something?

Quote Originally Posted by michael
    just an update to this - I've tried running the two WL500g's in router mode and AP mode, tried with the same SSID and different SSID's (not that it should matter), tried specifying both WEP and WPA-PSK keys, as well as just WPA-PSK alone, tried setting both WL-500G's to pure WDS more with no AP, but nothing I do gets WDS working over WPA-PSK. I understand that WDS wont work over WPA due to the changing keys, but theres numerous posts here that people have WDS running OK over WPA-PSK, and I just cant get it to work.

Again, if anybody out there has a step by step howto on this it would be very much appreciated, but also if there are any tips on how to debug this that would also be good - I've looked at the wl command but cant get very far with it - for instance : is there some way it can tell me if a WDS connection has been attempted, or to force one?
    Michael,

I'm comparing the settings from your PDF with the settings from my WL-500g's directly and post the differences.
    First of all, my WL-500g's are in AP mode. Both use DHCP for the IP-addresses. The first Wl-500g is connected hardwired to a router (which is connected to the internet and is acting as DHCP server). The second WL-500g is only connected to the power-mains. Not hardwired to the network. It gets the IP-address by DHCP via the first WL-500g.
    At the moment i'm using 1.9.3.6 BETA as it runs smoother in WDS mode than 1.9.2.7 CR4 (= my opinion), both firmwares work in WDS mode!
    There are a few things that need to be the same (read i have the same):
    - mode
    - SSID
    - channel
    - WPA Pre-Shared Key
    - password (and name on the CR4)
    - have the settings on wireless-interface and wireless-advanced be the same as much as possible

The differences
    On the wireless-interface page:
    I have 54g protection checked
    I have network Key rotation interval of 86400
    The key has a length of nine characters.

In the remote bridge list i have the mac addresses of both the routers. As a minimum you need the mac address of the other WL-500g

In the Access Control List you have the mac address of the other WL-500g. Remove it. Here you only need the MAC addresses of the clients (=PC's, portables, PDA's) if you wish.

In Wireless - Advanced i have Hide SSID on Yes, Enable Frame bursting on Enabled and Radio Power on 38. I don't think these setting do really matter as long as the first two settings are the same on both WL-500g's.

Suc6

Quote Originally Posted by jbrbv
    Michael,

I'm comparing the settings from your PDF with the settings from my WL-500g's directly and post the differences.
    First of all, my WL-500g's are in AP mode. Both use DHCP for the IP-addresses. The first Wl-500g is connected hardwired to a router (which is connected to the internet and is acting as DHCP server). The second WL-500g is only connected to the power-mains. Not hardwired to the network. It gets the IP-address by DHCP via the first WL-500g.
    At the moment i'm using 1.9.3.6 BETA as it runs smoother in WDS mode than 1.9.2.7 CR4 (= my opinion), both firmwares work in WDS mode!
    There are a few things that need to be the same (read i have the same):
    - mode
    - SSID
    - channel
    - WPA Pre-Shared Key
    - password (and name on the CR4)
    - have the settings on wireless-interface and wireless-advanced be the same as much as possible

The differences
    On the wireless-interface page:
    I have 54g protection checked
    I have network Key rotation interval of 86400
    The key has a length of nine characters.

In the remote bridge list i have the mac addresses of both the routers. As a minimum you need the mac address of the other WL-500g

In the Access Control List you have the mac address of the other WL-500g. Remove it. Here you only need the MAC addresses of the clients (=PC's, portables, PDA's) if you wish.

In Wireless - Advanced i have Hide SSID on Yes, Enable Frame bursting on Enabled and Radio Power on 38. I don't think these setting do really matter as long as the first two settings are the same on both WL-500g's.

Suc6
    many, many thanks - I will review and test these and see if I can get it going

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast