Thread: VLAN/robocfg howto WL-500W ? anyone ?

VLAN/robocfg howto WL-500W ? anyone ?

Hello guys,

I'm sort of a newbie in this.
    I'm ok with Linux and co but having bricked since 2 years Asus routers and recovered them, I'm now trying to avoid getting in the same situation with the newly acquired WL-500W.
    What I would like to do is:
    Have wan port as it is, have wifi port in another vlan/routing interface, have another port as secondary WAN (I'm balancing with iproute2 connections) and the rest of 2 ports = LAN.
    With openwrt this was rather easy because of the scripts that robocfg used upon boot.
    How can this be done with Oleg's firmware without risking a recovery on the router ?
    Is there any scripting/automated way or must I do it with robocfg by hand and consulting the manual.

P.S. Upon creating those interfaces I guess wifi part + IP addresses on the 2 WANs can no longer be managed with the web interface. (which is quite logical)

vlans on wl500w are not so straightforward AFAIK due to the lack of chip's documentation. However, Oleg investigated this question too, and his findings are discussed here:
    http://wl500g.info/showthread.php?t=13632
    I hope you'll find a way to translate it. I don't remember about such publication in the English part of the forum

Thanks for the link.
    I was able to understand parts of it thanks to google translate
    But now, before doing anything to the device or modifying it's config, I woke up in the morning to see my Asus bricked.
    I never changed anything on it from the previous day..and no recovery method seems to work.
    I'll have to try the pin9 short stuff, but I really hate the lack of logic of this self-bricking