Thread: configuration page via WAN and WEBServer question

configuration page via WAN and WEBServer question

Hi,

I was thinking how stuff works in wl500g
    When you have a webserver (on pc) and make a forward rule will the configuration part via WAN still work ?

Because when you type your WAN ip the traffic will be forwarden to the webserver....

So I guess then the WL500g webpages won't show anymore...

WL500g Web Config after changing port 80 rules

If you redirect port 80, the Web Config Page from a WAN ip will still be acitive on port 8080. ( type http://your_wan_address:8080/ )

However I have found some weird behavior when you try to config the router from WAN just after a previous config session from the LAN was not terminated by a manual logout.

I was unable to apply any changes from the WAN connection. The Apply or Finish button should normally refresh the main frame, but a new frame will never show in my case, just a blank frame, after a while the web browser reports "connection timeout". If I use a TCP activity watcher while I config the Router from a WAN connection, I can see that my Browser is trying to connect to 192.168.1.1 After the Apply button. Since I am not inside the LAN that local address is not correct. This worked fine before.

I guess if the 60 seconds timeout is resetting the Web interface session it forgets to reset a status flag or something. It must have temp stored info about the admin when it is connected from LAN. (Using the Asus original 1.9.2.7 firmware, in Home Gateway mode)

Can somebody confirm this?
    Last edited by GiaN; 09-03-2005 at 20:24.