Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Wake-on-LAN

All i can find is for linux?????

I don´t understand anything about programming in Linux.

Is there a simpler process???

Thanks

your router has linux inside. You have to login into it and execute command.

When you say login inside, you mean log in to the router default page and go to the command page??

What command do i execute? As i said before i don´´t understand any of linux.

Thanks

Follow this HowTO To install the newest firmware on your wl500gP.

After that, you know the linux basics to log on you router.

Is there an interface for WOL?

Hello

Does this firmware add interface for WOL? I've read there's ether-wake for WakeOnLAN, but is it possible to set-up from the web UI?
    (I'm about to buy WL-500gP v2, because it is known to work well with Oleg.)

JZ

Quote Originally Posted by jzaruba View Post
    Hello

Does this firmware add interface for WOL? I've read there's ether-wake for WakeOnLAN, but is it possible to set-up from the web UI?
    (I'm about to buy WL-500gP v2, because it is known to work well with Oleg.)

JZ
    well... not directly...
    you can execute commands in the web-admin, so you could use the ether-wake utility trough that
    I'm also pretty sure some people out there have a php script or something to do that kinda stuff

thanks for the reply
    i think i will go with another firmware then

cheers
    JZ

WOL in AP mode

I want to use WOL via internet so I can wake up my pc at home.

When the pc is just turned off, I can turn it on by a magic packet. But after one hour or so, it isn't possible anymore.

so I think my modem forgets my computer. It's an speedtouch 706. On the internet I found some commands (static arp instead of dynamic arp) butI can't use them because I don't have access to telnet (t's an modem from my ISP).

So I have to work with the WL500g.

It's in AP mode because of the WAN port problem. I use the newest firmware (1.9.x.x) but I still have the WAN port problem. So I use it in AP mode and let my Speedtouch do the stuff.

But, because of that, ether-wake is not working, the wl-500g doesn't recognize the mac address (I think because the WL500g now acts as a simple switch instead of router). So, what can I do?

I want to use a LAN port (for example LAN4) as a WAN port and the WAN port as LAN4 (for my printer or other stuff) so I can use the WL500g in router mode. How to do that? I can only find 'use WAN as LAN' but not in reverse.
    Or is it possible to add a MAC address or something in AP mode? So I can use ether-wake or something? I found this thread and will try that..

And if thats not working maybe try dd-wrt... :P

Is it the problem of the speedtouch (he forgets MAC) or is it problem of WL500g (this one forgets mac)?

edit2: I found this on the DD-wrt site, is this possible with Olegs firmware?
    Second WAN port

You can move ports to the WAN VLAN to make them act as WAN ports residing outside the router's NAT or to just replace a damaged WAN port. Devices attached to these ports will request their IP addresses from the ISP instead of getting a private IP address from your router. One might want to have such behavior when having unsorted firewall issues with a SIP operator.

nvram set vlan0ports="1 2 3 5*"
    nvram set vlan1ports="0 4 5"
    nvram commit
    reboot
    Last edited by dvdtje; 09-03-2011 at 12:37.

I now use the extra speedtouch for acomplishing this... That works.

But can anyone tell me why I still have the WAN port issue in 1.9.2.7 Oleg firmware?

I will try the 1.9.5.0 BETA from the Asus site now... but I need the extra stuff in Oleg's frimware

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345