Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Wake-on-LAN

Ether-wake

Hi All,

Does anyone have ether-wake (www.scyld.com/wakeonlan.html) compiled for the ASUS wl500? Is there someone kind enough to do it for me?

Thank you very much in advance,
    ROliveira

yes it is already included in the custom firmware (1.7.5.9cr5 for example)

[root@WL500G root]$ ether-wake
    Specify the Ethernet address as 00:11:22:33:44:55.

i've tested this too, and it works. it flawlessy turns on my nForce2 powered pc

My little Asus Collection: Too much to fit inhere, my 2 babies:WL500w 1.9.2.7-10(OLEG) VX2SE Yellow Lamborghini notebook

WL500g Forum Asus Files OpenDir

Asusforum.NL -- Asusforum.DE -- Asusforum.RU -- Asusforum.PL -- Asusforum.NET -- Asusforum.EU -- Asusforum.BE -- Asusforum.ES -- Asusforum.INFO

Thanks a lot!

ROliveira

Wake on LAN?

Has anyone compiled a wake on LAN utility? My motherboard has that option and I would like to be able to turn it on from the router. I found some Linux tools here. Maybe someone would like to compile?

Unless someone is compiling perl of course.. That would be even better! Is there a reason why that hasn't been done yet? Wouldn't perl be great to have on there?

S.

it's even already built-in to the latest custom firmwares (current 1.9.2.7-4)

[root@WL500gx root]$ ether-wake
    Specify the Ethernet address as 00:11:22:33:44:55.

My little Asus Collection: Too much to fit inhere, my 2 babies:WL500w 1.9.2.7-10(OLEG) VX2SE Yellow Lamborghini notebook

WL500g Forum Asus Files OpenDir

Asusforum.NL -- Asusforum.DE -- Asusforum.RU -- Asusforum.PL -- Asusforum.NET -- Asusforum.EU -- Asusforum.BE -- Asusforum.ES -- Asusforum.INFO

Very sorry! Officialy kicking my self on the leg!

S.

Hi,

sorry for asking once more: Could someone please explain step-by-step how to wake up a pc from WAN-side through the WL500g with the latest firmware installed? Thanks!

fraho

To wake machine with mac adress: 00:11:22:33:44:55

Telnet to router and type:
    Code:
    ether-wake 00:11:22:33:44:55
    You can also use "Hidden admin page".

S.

Thanks for your quick answer! Anyway, what can I do if I'm behind a firewall and the telnet-port can't be used? Isn't it possible to create a graphical WOL-Page within the web-frontend (I know, I shouldn't have remote administration enabled but who cares.....) so that any opened port could be used for WOL as well as for all other things?

fraho

How about SSH? That's what I use..

S.

What port does ssh use?
    By the way, I've never used the "hidden admin page", how do I get there?

fraho

Faq.

S.

o.k, just before I start flashing a new firmware on a running system :

Will this "hidden Admin page" let me send a wake-on-lan-command via Web-Frontend (via port 80)?

fraho

I can't test it for you right now, but I don't see how it shoult not work. So yes. You should be able to wake-on-lan from the web.

S.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast