Thread: Firmware to use wl300g as client

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Firmware to use wl300g as client

Hi,
    I just got a new ap (belkin pre-n) an i want to use my old ASUS WL300g as a client i the wifi network. (Insted of bying a wifi game adaptor). Is there any firmware that supports this on wl300g? Also I wounder if it is possible to use a wl500g firmware or if that would turn my wl300g into a brick?

At the moment only custom firmware support this. Visit this page to get one: http://oleg.wl500g.info/

Thanx for the fast reply. I will try to flash WL300g-1.9.2.7-3c.trx can I use ASUS tools to downgrade to erlier fw ver?

Sure, firmware restoration tool does not care of versions.

Almost working....

Now I have upgraded my router using the custom fw WL300g-1.9.2.7-3c.trx. But I still have some problem getting it to work. My setup in the ASUS router is AP and bridge mode. If i run my WiFi net work as open i get a connection to the belkin router and i get a ipaddress on my ASUS router from DHCP on Belkin. But if i try to set upp security on my WiFi net it breaks down. My ASUS just keeps saying connecting.... I have tried to use WPA-PSK / TKIP and also WPA-PSK / AES but none of them works. I have surfed the forum for info on how to trubbleshoot this from linuxconsole to get more info but it didn't make me any smarter (I'm no linux guru ) I use cut and paste from USB Stick on my settings so I'm sertin that the passphrase is correct. Do you have any tips for me on how to continue?

Have you tried WEP? Most likely you've some sort of incompatibility with belkin device...