Thread: Twonky error

Twonky error

Hello! I'm trying to get Twonky 4.4.4 to run on my router. Everything else seems fine except for the small problem of it won't start up, I keep getting this error:

Code:
    ./twonkymedia: /opt/lib/libpthread.so.0: no version information available (required by ./twonkymedia)
    Segmentation fault
    Being a bit of a n00b when it comes to Linux, I don't know what to do from here, if there's anything I can do.

try this
    Code:
    ipkg-opt install http://downloads.openwrt.org/whiterussian/packages/libpthread_0.9.27-1_mipsel.ipk

I tried what you suggested, and got this:

Code:
    Downloading http://downloads.openwrt.org/whiterussian/packages/libpthread_0.9.27-1_mipsel.ipk
    Installing libpthread (0.9.27-1) to /opt/...
    ipkg: Cannot create symlink from ./lib/libpthread.so.0 to 'libpthread-0.9.27.so': File exists
    ipkg: /lib/libpthread-0.9.27.so: Permission denied

I ran it as root and everything. I guess I could try and break the link and see what happens.

UPDATE:

I even tried to uninstall the package and reinstall it, with the same errors, and the same error from Twonky.

Is there another media server that'll play nice with the XBOX 360 and run on the router?
    Last edited by fireflash; 23-01-2009 at 17:57.

Quote Originally Posted by fireflash View Post
    I tried what you suggested, and got this:

Code:
    Downloading http://downloads.openwrt.org/whiterussian/packages/libpthread_0.9.27-1_mipsel.ipk
    Installing libpthread (0.9.27-1) to /opt/...
    ipkg: Cannot create symlink from ./lib/libpthread.so.0 to 'libpthread-0.9.27.so': File exists
    ipkg: /lib/libpthread-0.9.27.so: Permission denied

I ran it as root and everything. I guess I could try and break the link and see what happens.

UPDATE:

I even tried to uninstall the package and reinstall it, with the same errors, and the same error from Twonky.

Is there another media server that'll play nice with the XBOX 360 and run on the router?
    Twonky runs fine with the original libs of the Asus.
    It seems to me that you don't run the KFurge version. Is that so? If not, I can't help.

Marc

I run the KFurge version. I may need to blow away my opt directory and start fresh. I'm having other little annoyances with it as well.

Quote Originally Posted by fireflash View Post
    I run the KFurge version. I may need to blow away my opt directory and start fresh. I'm having other little annoyances with it as well.
    You have only to start Twonky in rc.local before changing the libpath and so.
    My rc.local looks as
    Code:
    # These items only run once at power up
    #############
    if [ ! -f /tmp/rc.local.done ]; then

#Start Twonkymedia, werkt met originele library_path
     /opt/share/TwonkyMedia/twonkymedia &

export PATH=/opt/bin:/opt/sbin:/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin
     export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/opt/lib:/apps/lib:/apps/usr/gift-nasoc/lib
     export KCSHELL=/opt/bin/bash

# Indicate we've already done this
     touch /tmp/rc.local.done
    So, something like this should work for you also.

Marc