Page 9 of 48 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: New oleg firmware version

Quote Originally Posted by wpte View Post
    it seems it hasn't anything to do with the firmware (wohoo)
    sounds good

btw., TARPIT module not loaded by default, so if you want to use it, you have to issue "insmod ipt_TARPIT.o" somewhere (in post-boot for example).

Quote Originally Posted by lly View Post
    sounds good

btw., TARPIT module not loaded by default, so if you want to use it, you have to issue "insmod ipt_TARPIT.o" somewhere (in post-boot for example).
    Yeh I do that in the beginning of post-firewall

Yeh I do that in the beginning of post-firewall
    Sorry, forgot to take a look to attached post-firewall.txt. IMHO, better to load modules in post-boot, since post-firewall may be called many times due to IP changes etc.

Sorry, forgot to take a look to attached post-firewall.txt. IMHO, better to load modules in post-boot, since post-firewall may be called many times due to IP changes etc.
    k will do that

I found these messages a few times in the log btw:
    Apr 4 19:39:37 kernel: Warning: DQ5 raised while erase operation was in progress, but erase completed OK
    Apr 4 19:41:25 dnsmasq[51]: DHCPREQUEST(br0) ****
    Apr 4 19:41:25 dnsmasq[51]: DHCPACK(br0) ****
    Apr 4 19:47:34 ntp client: Synchronizing time with time.nist.gov ...
    Apr 4 19:54:44 kernel: Warning: DQ5 raised while erase operation was in progress
    After a bit of googeling I found out this is a bug?

kernel: Warning: DQ5 raised while erase operation was in progress, but erase completed OK

After a bit of googeling I found out this is a bug?
    It is "induced" bug. Unfortunately, I can't reproduce it myself.

Got another one:
    Apr 10 20:52:01 kernel: __alloc_pages: 0-order allocation failed (gfp=0x20/0)
    I had about 100 of these errors (all the same) within a single second
    and nothing I can see in the log that started it... the last few messages where about DHCP leases.

btw... do I need to post up errors that possibly concern the firmware here?
    just wondering, don't want to spam you guys

wpte:
    It means that memory was ceased. At all... You can play with tmps limits if /tmp if full, or watch which process eats memory.

About errors - if you suspect that it is firmware bug, of course, yes! I hope, you will never post messages like:
    It is a critical bug! Repair it immediately!
    PHP Code:
    [admin@WL-0018F398D447 root]$ wine
    -shwinenot found 

wpte:
    It means that memory was ceased. At all... You can play with tmps limits if /tmp if full, or watch which process eats memory.

About errors - if you suspect that it is firmware bug, of course, yes! I hope, you will never post messages like:
    So you mean that the flash memory became full?
    like in a way of an exploding log file by example?

haha, no I won't post those things up
    OMG NO WINDOWZE ON MY ROUTER!

Audigy 2 NX Patch

It appears that the patch mentioned here http://home.in.tum.de/~pustka/WL-500...soundcard.html, which was added by Oleg in 1.9.2.7-7b, has been omitted.

Please could it be added to the new firmware along with the same treatment for another Creative based USB sound card (the Toshiba Mediacenter) which has code 041e:3048 and suffers from being muted by default.

Keep up the good work

Quote Originally Posted by sebw View Post
    It appears that the patch mentioned here http://home.in.tum.de/~pustka/WL-500...soundcard.html, which was added by Oleg in 1.9.2.7-7b, has been omitted.
    First of all, we base on newer kernel, which already contains most of this patch, except mute control.
    Second, in 2.6 kernel I found totally different workaround for Audigy 2 NX - see snd_usb_audigy2nx_boot_quirk() function.

Since I don't own this card - can you answer which way is right? Is patch from your link is enough?

Please could it be added to the new firmware along with the same treatment for another Creative based USB sound card (the Toshiba Mediacenter) which has code 041e:3048 and suffers from being muted by default.
    If you means unmute patch, yes. But, answer to my first question first, please.

lly

Thanks very much for you reply.

I have downloaded "linux-2.4.37.tar.bz2" and searched for the snd_usb_audigy2nx_boot_quirk() function without success. I have also looked through the various patches in http://code.google.com/p/wl500g/source/browse/. Where can I find the function?

The only change I made to the audio.o module to fix my muting problem, in Oleg's 1.9.2.7-10 F/W, was to change the 0x3020 reference to 0x3048 and force the USB port to 1.0 by putting
    Code:
    rmmod ehci-hcd
    in my post-mount. I was hoping that I might be able to avoid this second step by using your newer firmware
    * kernel 2.4.37.1
    o fix usbaudio driver work via USB 2.0 hub
    In case it is of interest, the product I am using is a Toshiba Multimedia Center: http://www.toshibadirect.com/td/b2c/...ltimediacenter
    Last edited by sebw; 21-04-2009 at 09:30. Reason: Link to device being used added

Quote Originally Posted by sebw View Post
    I have downloaded "linux-2.4.37.tar.bz2" and searched for the snd_usb_audigy2nx_boot_quirk() function without success.
    This function present in 2.6 kernel branch only! I look at 2.6.27 sound/usb/usbaudio.c. Since, we have to backport much of code from current kernel branch and I'm not familiar with Audigy 2NX, I asked you about function above.

The only change I made to the audio.o module to fix my muting problem, in Oleg's 1.9.2.7-10 F/W, was to change the 0x3020 reference to 0x3048 and force the USB port to 1.0 by putting
    Code:
    rmmod ehci-hcd
    in my post-mount. I was hoping that I might be able to avoid this second step by using your newer firmware
    Hope yes, but I can't exclude some other not realized features in our old kernel...

P.S. Can you build firmware from SVN yourself?
    Last edited by lly; 21-04-2009 at 11:50.

P.S. Can you build firmware from SVN yourself?
    I am a bit of a noob, but I shall try to follow the "Building of the custom firmware" instructions tonight on a Ubuntu machine.

In the morning:
    I appear to have successfully created: WL500gx-1.9.2.7-d-r255.trx (3,649,536 bytes)
    Last edited by sebw; 22-04-2009 at 08:56. Reason: Follow up

lly:

Is it posible to use on this fw bluetooth with pan(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Personal_area_network) ?

I want to share internet connection to my bluetooth phone (sony ericsson).

Quote Originally Posted by Lesiuk View Post
    Is it posible to use on this fw bluetooth with pan(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Personal_area_network) ?
    Strange question Bluetooth modules are present, bluez already in optware...
    Nobody wrote step-by-step guide? Sorry, I know this topic only in russian Bluetooth â wl500gP
    Last edited by lly; 22-04-2009 at 08:38.

Page 9 of 48 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast