Page 47 of 48 FirstFirst ... 3745464748 LastLast

Thread: New oleg firmware version

Quote Originally Posted by lly View Post
    My guess that is is due to our old bdi(backing device interface) kernel subsystem. Modern kernels has per-device bdi, our still use single kthread. Hope, I able to backport per-device bdi in futer, but it requires a lot of time & efforts.
    I really think it was the debugging version that gave me the extra load.
    yesterday I upgraded the modules, including the firmware and it seems to be pretty much the same load as it used to be again:
    Name:  graph_image.png
Views: 2073
Size:  56.6 KB
    The graph displays an entire week again.
    So EXT4 means (almost) no extra load

Thumbs up

I just want to report, that the new sdk510 branch is rock-stable on my old-fashioned w500gp.

There is just a warning at boot, right after detecting the ethernet controller - nothing I'm afraid of

Code:
    Jan  1 01:00:03 kernel: WARNING: at net/core/dev.c:3504 unregister_netdevice()
    Jan  1 01:00:03 kernel: Call Trace:
    Jan  1 01:00:03 kernel: [<8029f144>] dump_stack+0x8/0x34
    Jan  1 01:00:03 kernel: [<801b7b40>] unregister_netdev+0x18/0x24
    Jan  1 01:00:03 kernel: [<c00ef040>] init_module+0x26040/0x26f44 [et]
    RT-N66U TomatoUSB 1.28.0000 MIPSR2-135 K26AC USB AIO-64K running Entware-NG
    pyload 0.4.9
    minidlna 1.1.2
    samba 3.6.5
    openvpn 2.3.10
    ̶W̶L̶5̶0̶0̶g̶P̶ ̶1̶.̶9̶.̶2̶.̶7̶-̶r̶t̶n̶-̶r̶4̶7̶5̶0 retired

Quote Originally Posted by !gm View Post
    I just want to report, that the new sdk510 branch is rock-stable on my old-fashioned w500gp.
    It is an old branch for people who experienced problems with Wi-Fi (802.11n especially) described in issue 298

Thanks for report - it is an old bug which was fixed in new SDK 5.60

USB root fs doesn't mount

Hi,

I installed WL500gpv2-1.9.2.7-rtn-r4667 on my WL500gP-v2 router.

I copied the root filesystem onto a usb disk. I checked "flashfs status" which says enabled. My USB device appears as /dev/disks/diska/part1, which is listed in the nvram as the boot_dev.

I was expecting this to continue booting from my attached USB stick as a previous Oleg's firmware version did.

Unfortunately, my USB disk no longer mounts as the root filesystem boot up. Instead, it is mounted a few seconds later in /tmp/mnt/disca_1

Please can someone tell me what I have missed?

Thanks,

Chris.

Quote Originally Posted by ctr99 View Post
    Unfortunately, my USB disk no longer mounts as the root filesystem boot up. Instead, it is mounted a few seconds later in /tmp/mnt/disca_1

Please can someone tell me what I have missed?
    rootfs? the rootfs is installed on your router with the firmware image. Or do you mean optware?
    Anyway, with the new version of the firmware you need to make a fstab to configure automatic mounting of usb drives.
    Wengi has a great tutorial for this: http://wl500g.info/showthread.php?10...0931#post60931 (part about fstab)

Quote Originally Posted by wpte View Post
    rootfs? the rootfs is installed on your router with the firmware image. Or do you mean optware?
    Anyway, with the new version of the firmware you need to make a fstab to configure automatic mounting of usb drives.
    Wengi has a great tutorial for this: http://wl500g.info/showthread.php?10...0931#post60931 (part about fstab)
    I followed the instructions at http://oleg.wl500g.info/ under section "Root file system on the external USB drive", but changing the boot_dev path to the new location, i.e. /dev/discs/disca/part1.

I was expecting the root file system to be pivot_mount'ed from the temporary rootfs to the persistent permanent copy on my USB stick. This used to work with the Oleg verison of the firmware under 2.4.x but no longer works on the 2.6.x kernel.

Quote Originally Posted by ctr99 View Post
    I followed the instructions at http://oleg.wl500g.info/ under section "Root file system on the external USB drive", but changing the boot_dev path to the new location, i.e. /dev/discs/disca/part1.

I was expecting the root file system to be pivot_mount'ed from the temporary rootfs to the persistent permanent copy on my USB stick. This used to work with the Oleg verison of the firmware under 2.4.x but no longer works on the 2.6.x kernel.
    I see... that's pretty old stuff, I'm unsure if that's still supported.

Nowadays we have the Oleg based firmware for enthusiasts: https://code.google.com/p/wl500g/ which you have installed.
    It uses a new toolchain, new uclibc etc etc.
    So even if it's supported you might need to make a new rootfs stick because it's newer software

Usually people use a wengi-like tutorial like I've shown you in my previous response to install software on a disk mounted to /opt
    Basicly you have a repository installed on that disk and you can install and update software on the fly. The rootfs on the router will just run next to that.
    You have the ipkg repository as described in the wengi-howto, but also the new entware repo which uses opkg: http://code.google.com/p/wl500g-repo/
    It allows you to install things like bash, lighttpd, mysql and a lot more. If you're familiar with debian linux boxes you probably know something like "sudo apt-get install ..." this is exactly the same.
    Do I make sense a bit?

Also another thing, you probably know these already, on this page the custom userscripts are explained: https://code.google.com/p/wl500g/wiki/UserScripts

question:
    Is it possible to use the toolchain with ccache?

I've added "export PATH=/usr/lib/ccache:$PATH" to my .profile
    Also I've added the soft links to ccache like this:
    ln -s /usr/bin/ccache /usr/lib/ccache/mipsel-linux-gcc
    and so on for all the compilers, like mipsel-uclibc-cpp

The thing is, when I check the cache with
    ccache -s
    the files don't seem to get cached or hit at all...
    only now and then I see some increases in the numbers

which gives a proper result however:
    $ which mipsel-linux-gcc
    /usr/lib/ccache/mipsel-linux-gcc
    I'm positive ccache since I compiled the toolchain with it, and it seems to build a lot quicker now
    Last edited by wpte; 07-12-2012 at 23:57.

Quote Originally Posted by wpte View Post
    Is it possible to use the toolchain with ccache?
    Unfortunately, out-of-the-box ccache support is not ready. Several toolchain make scripts must be improved.

As usual, if someone done this task, we will gladly accept patches.

@wpte

What's happened to the "Nightly" builds server ?
    "Invalid directory" on every section... just now that I have time to test -rtn with old 5.10 SDK...

MaX

I upgraded from old Olegs firmware to "renewed Oleg's firmware", WL500gp-1.9.2.7-rtn-r4772 on my WL500gP V1 router.
    In old firmware I followed Wengi tutorial, formated my 80GB drive to swap, opt and data partitions, installed ipkg and instaled another software.
    recently i bought webcam and tried to get it working (Logitech quickcam for notebooks) - not well supported ind 2.4 kernel, so I upgraded to 2.6 kernel.
    Now the webcam is detected, but cannot get images from it (maybe problem of cam server). No problem at all, just minor glitch, I will try/use RaspberryPi for that.
    But.
    After upgrade (and few glitches with firmware restore tool, because i used improper firmware version - Wl500gpV2 for my V1 router, I restored my nvram settings anf flashfs, got my connection to internet working, but my USB disk doesnt automount. I fixed my boot scripts in /usr/local/sbin to correct paths, modified fstab to new /dev/discs/disca/part1...3 paths. But still no automount. When I manualy start my post-boot, pre-mount, post-mount, post-firewall scripts, it works as expected.
    In /tmp/syslog.log afted detecting USB disk by usbcore, drives get assigned sda1..3 simlinks in /dev and after that moment I can see in my log only ntp and dns updates.

Any thoughts/suggestions?

Thnax in advance.

mhm strange it normally should work. chmod +x on the scripts?
    RT-N66U TomatoUSB 1.28.0000 MIPSR2-135 K26AC USB AIO-64K running Entware-NG
    pyload 0.4.9
    minidlna 1.1.2
    samba 3.6.5
    openvpn 2.3.10
    ̶W̶L̶5̶0̶0̶g̶P̶ ̶1̶.̶9̶.̶2̶.̶7̶-̶r̶t̶n̶-̶r̶4̶7̶5̶0 retired

Yes, scripts are executable, I use them to manualy start services (cd /usr/local/sbin && ./pre-boot && ./post-boot && ./pre_mount && ./post-mount && ./post-firewall). After that all is working as expected, disks ake checked and mounted, services start.
    I am planning to try new version of firmware this wekk, I will see if that helps...

Question WL500Gp v2 + 3TB disc

Hi all,

please I need help with my new 3Tb drive, I cannot get working it

I know there is some discussion few pages before, but I am unsuccesfull. Can you recommend me the firmware I need to use?

Also I created partitions on my PC (but under windows7 with Acronis Disk Director, 3 partitions, 512MB linux swap, 1GB linux and the rest 2,7xxTB linux).

I dont know how to mount them?
    Tried new fw (WL500gpv2-1.9.2.7-rtn-r4923.trx from "https://code.google.com/p/wl500g/downloads/detail?name=WL500gpv2-1.9.2.7-rtn-r4923.trx&can=2&q=").
    I am normally using wengi tutorial but it seems that "/dev/discs/disc0/part3" is changed to something like "/dev/sda3"??

fdisk -l shows me:

Disk /dev/sda: 801.5 GB, 801569726464 bytes
    256 heads, 63 sectors/track, 97071 cylinders
    Units = cylinders of 16128 * 512 = 8257536 bytes

Device Boot Start End Blocks Id System
    /dev/sda1 1 266306 2147483647+ ee EFI GPT

On PC i see 3 partitions.

Please advise me FW and how to mount the partitions.

Thanks very much

Edit: for many hours of laborating I discovered, that it is adapters that not support over 2TB discs
    So my advise for future for others... The only way around this problem is to get an external enclosure/adapter that supports over-2TiB disks.
    Last edited by Etor; 16-04-2013 at 22:32.

EDIT: I have to read post to the end, first I didnt notice the edit with enclosure unsuported disk size
    But you could try to format partitions so they dont overlap max. supported size, my disk is maybe 1TB, but I cloned my old 80GB disk after its failure and never resized paritions...

For anybody looking to information to automount disk afer upgrade:

Quote Originally Posted by Etor View Post
    I am normally using wengi tutorial but it seems that "/dev/discs/disc0/part3" is changed to something like "/dev/sda3"??
    try running mount, in the output you wil see list of mount points, "/dev/discs/disc0/part3" should be /dev/sda3. (on my WL500gp, or /dev/discs/disca/part3 on my RTN-16)

Edit /etc/fstab:
    Code:
    #device Mountpoint FStype Options Dump Pass#
    /dev/sda1 none swap sw 0 0
    /dev/sda2 /opt ext3 rw,noatime 1 1
    /dev/sda3 /mnt ext3 rw,noatime 1 1
    for comapatbility with my old scripts I added this command to post-mount script:
    Code:
    if [ ! -d "/tmp/harddisk" ]; then
        ln -s /mnt /tmp/harddisk
    fi
    Last edited by terxw; 21-04-2013 at 08:25.

Page 47 of 48 FirstFirst ... 3745464748 LastLast