Page 23 of 48 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast
Results 331 to 345 of 714

Thread: New oleg firmware version

  1. #331
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Russia, Moscow
    Posts
    3,640
    Quote Originally Posted by wpte View Post
    Any chance of ipv6 coming back? according to libc http://wl500g.info/showthread.php?t=21119 it works on 1.9.2.7-10.
    According to Issue 50 it works "As Is" but we are unable to check this.
    So, you can test IPv6 at any moment , but unfortunately we can't help you

  2. #332
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    The Netherlands - Eindhoven
    Posts
    1,767
    Quote Originally Posted by lly View Post
    According to Issue 50 it works "As Is" but we are unable to check this.
    So, you can test IPv6 at any moment , but unfortunately we can't help you
    I'll go and compile it myself then
    in 750 days ipv4 will be exhausted! http://www.inetcore.com/project/ipv4ec/index_en.html

  3. #333
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Russia, Moscow
    Posts
    3,640
    Quote Originally Posted by wpte View Post
    I'll go and compile it myself then
    in 750 days ipv4 will be exhausted! http://www.inetcore.com/project/ipv4ec/index_en.html
    It will be excellent for all people, since you have experience and brain

  4. #334
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    The Netherlands - Eindhoven
    Posts
    1,767
    Quote Originally Posted by lly View Post
    It will be excellent for all people, since you have experience and brain
    lol thnx

    what distro do you actually use?
    I've always used ubuntu desktop, since it builds everything quite nicely and easy (I like easy)

  5. #335
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Russia, Moscow
    Posts
    3,640
    Quote Originally Posted by wpte View Post
    what distro do you actually use?
    I've always used ubuntu desktop, since it builds everything quite nicely and easy (I like easy)
    It doesn't matter in case you have full development suite installed. I use OpenSuSe 11.1.

  6. #336
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    The Netherlands - Eindhoven
    Posts
    1,767
    I was just going to use the build in ftp server again with additional users.
    now for what I remember and see when I look at my last configuration is that the user account list have their own directories in the Private Directory.

    but now all accounts end up at the public directory
    is there still a way to give the accounts their own directory?

  7. #337
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Russia, Moscow
    Posts
    3,640
    Quote Originally Posted by wpte View Post
    I was just going to use the build in ftp server again with additional users.
    now for what I remember and see when I look at my last configuration is that the user account list have their own directories in the Private Directory.

    but now all accounts end up at the public directory
    is there still a way to give the accounts their own directory?
    Can you provide some more details how did you achieve this? By PM or just here.

  8. #338
    Quote Originally Posted by wpte View Post
    I was just going to use the build in ftp server again with additional users.
    now for what I remember and see when I look at my last configuration is that the user account list have their own directories in the Private Directory.

    but now all accounts end up at the public directory
    is there still a way to give the accounts their own directory?
    I've got builtin vsftpd working more then a year, private accounts are placed in /etc/vsftpd.users (/tmp/etc/vsftpd.users) as usual.
    We need steps to reproduce it, do you have "/" chars in user names or what?

  9. #339
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    The Netherlands - Eindhoven
    Posts
    1,767
    no I have just standard names, no dodgy characters
    I've just set it up in the webadmin

    I just used the same configuration as when I still used oleg v10, I've never changed the ftp dirs since... in fact I didn't really used any ftp on the d firmware

    what I recalled doing is setting the directories:
    Public Directory: /mnt/FTP/pub/
    Private Directory: /mnt/FTP/pvt/
    Anonymous Directory: /mnt/FTP/anonymous/
    create the folders manually on the harddrive including the user folders inside the pvt directory.
    then just create the user accounts with passwords in the list and hit finish

    When I'd log in with lets say "wpte" I would end up in the folder "/mnt/FTP/pvt/wpte". But in the ftp client it would look like it was the lowest directory.
    now every account ends up in /mnt/FTP/pub/

  10. #340
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Russia, Moscow
    Posts
    3,640
    Quote Originally Posted by wpte View Post
    When I'd log in with lets say "wpte" I would end up in the folder "/mnt/FTP/pvt/wpte". But in the ftp client it would look like it was the lowest directory.
    now every account ends up in /mnt/FTP/pub/
    Did you create "wpte" account from web-UI? What rights is it have? Please provide contents of
    • /etc/vsftpd.conf
    • /etc/vsftpd.passwd - don't forget to strip out passwords!
    • /etc/vsftpd.users/wpte

    P.S. It works for me too

  11. #341
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    The Netherlands - Eindhoven
    Posts
    1,767
    Quote Originally Posted by lly View Post
    Did you create "wpte" account from web-UI? What rights is it have? Please provide contents of
    • /etc/vsftpd.conf
    • /etc/vsftpd.passwd - don't forget to strip out passwords!
    • /etc/vsftpd.users/wpte

    P.S. It works for me too
    wpte has all rights
    cat /etc/vsftpd.conf
    anonymous_enable=no
    dirmessage_enable=yes
    download_enable=no
    dirlist_enable=no
    hide_ids=yes
    syslog_enable=yes
    local_enable=yes
    local_umask=022
    chmod_enable=no
    chroot_local_user=yes
    check_shell=no
    user_config_dir=/etc/vsftpd.users
    passwd_file=/etc/vsftpd.passwd
    listen=yes
    listen_port=21
    background=yes
    max_clients=0
    idle_session_timeout=0
    utf8=yes
    use_sendfile=no
    anon_max_rate=0
    local_max_rate=0
    cat /etc/vsftpd.passwd
    ftp:x:0:0:ftp:/mnt/FTP/anonymous:/sbin/nologin
    nobody:x:99:99:nobody:/usr/share/empty:/sbin/nologin
    wpte:x:0:0:wouter:/mnt/FTP/pub:/sbin/nologin
    cat /etc/vsftpd.users/wpte
    dirlist_enable=yes
    download_enable=yes
    write_enable=yes

  12. #342
    Quote Originally Posted by wpte View Post
    no I have just standard names, no dodgy characters
    I've just set it up in the webadmin

    I just used the same configuration as when I still used oleg v10, I've never changed the ftp dirs since... in fact I didn't really used any ftp on the d firmware

    what I recalled doing is setting the directories:


    create the folders manually on the harddrive including the user folders inside the pvt directory.
    then just create the user accounts with passwords in the list and hit finish

    When I'd log in with lets say "wpte" I would end up in the folder "/mnt/FTP/pvt/wpte". But in the ftp client it would look like it was the lowest directory.
    now every account ends up in /mnt/FTP/pub/
    Seems like some explanation needed
    To make user be within private_dir/username you have to set his rights to "Private", any other rights set means public_dir/ will be used for authorized users.
    That's all, folks

  13. #343
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    The Netherlands - Eindhoven
    Posts
    1,767
    Quote Originally Posted by theMIROn View Post
    Seems like some explanation needed
    To make user be within private_dir/username you have to set his rights to "Private", any other rights set means public_dir/ will be used for authorized users.
    That's all, folks
    haha, I overlooked that one
    works great

  14. hey Guys.. I am currently on the original oleg firmware 1.9.2.7-10. If I upgrade to this latest one, is the only thing that I need to worry about is preserving my startup and rc scripts, right? All the things installed on my USB HDD don't need to worry about it?
    So, my plan is to save my scripts, flash with the new firmware, put back old scripts, connect back the harddisk and reboot.. it should be fine?

  15. #345
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    The Netherlands - Eindhoven
    Posts
    1,767
    Quote Originally Posted by shantanugoel View Post
    hey Guys.. I am currently on the original oleg firmware 1.9.2.7-10. If I upgrade to this latest one, is the only thing that I need to worry about is preserving my startup and rc scripts, right? All the things installed on my USB HDD don't need to worry about it?
    So, my plan is to save my scripts, flash with the new firmware, put back old scripts, connect back the harddisk and reboot.. it should be fine?
    yes, shouldn't be a problem!
    you might want to reconfigure the webadmin again tho, it has some new features

Page 23 of 48 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Probleme mit der Oleg firmware
    By errox in forum German Discussion - Deutsch (DE)
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 14-06-2008, 23:26
  2. new firmware 1.9.2.7-8 by oleg
    By alien433 in forum WL-500gP Firmware Discussion
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 24-01-2008, 21:31
  3. Oleg firmware not working.
    By wpte in forum WL-500gP Q&A
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-01-2008, 13:48
  4. C Compiler voor de oleg firmware
    By wouzs in forum Dutch Discussion - Nederlands
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 28-10-2007, 16:57

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •