Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: [VPN] VPN connection

It seems from the change log thet the GRE protocol is now supported, thus VPN should work now with the latest firmware. When I have the time I will try it out.

The new firmware fixed the problem for me
    Very Happy Now.
    Thanks folks!

Paul.

The new firmware fixed my vpn to work connection also, I am a happy camper now.

I am experiencing problems that are related to the problems mentioned above, I think. My internet connection worked fine with the firmware 1.6.5.3. These where my settings:

WAN Connection Type: PPTP
    WAN IP Setting
    IP Address: 10.0.0.150
    Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0
    Default Gateway: 10.0.0.138 (used as host for VPN, IP from my Speed Touch ADSL modem)
    PPPoE or PPTP Account:
    User Name and Password

DNS settings not automatic (I added two adresses)

Like I said it worked fine until I installed the new firmware (1.7.5.6). I just couldn't connect. I tried it with and without the firewall, with and without the DNS settings automatic, with another subnet mask, but it didn't work. I hope you guys can help me out here, I really would like to use the new version, because of the security and extra options.

Edit: I forgot to read page 2 of this subject, silly me. But my question remains: what do I have to do to make it work. What settings did you guys use to make it work?
    Last edited by john37; 25-03-2004 at 06:51.

Hi. Is there any chance to make connection to VPN with PPtP protocol via WL500g. It isnt regulary connection over adsl modem but i have some router which i used to connect to internet provider with VPN. If i set the PPtP connection in WL500g configuration i cannot ping ip that i used for VPN connection(10.10.10.10).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12