Thread: WL-103b working with WPA-PSK: TKIP , But non AES option ?!

WL-103b working with WPA-PSK: TKIP , But non AES option ?!

The Asus 103b specs says:

This text is written a long time ago, cause the drivers now do support WPA. But i didnt see and cant find a new firmware.

64/128-bit WEP Will be firmware upgradeable to support WPA

Well my card does support WPA, but only for the moment i get TKIP working and i prefer AES (cause its more secure)

I tried different drivers (its a broadcom chipset). And i am using the latest (as far as i know) 3.70.220 driver. (also tried the driver bundled with dell truemobile 1400 , its 3.100.*** , but didnt work)

I also tried different WLAN connection utility programs such like the asus wlan utility, dell wlan util etc. All show only the wpa-psk option : TKIP.

When i put my boss wl107g card in my laptop (i know its a different chipset it works flawless and asus wlan utility show the AES option.

So i am certain its something with driver than something with a wlan utility program.

I hope somebody have AES working with the Asus 103b, because i read in a lot of articles that the card is capable with WPA-PSK AES algoritme, and is willing to help me
    Last edited by Stevio; 26-02-2005 at 01:20.

it is not capable of doing WPA with AES

WL120b does not support it as well, using broadcom chipset as well.
    the WL500b uses WL120b card

My little Asus Collection: Too much to fit inhere, my 2 babies:WL500w 1.9.2.7-10(OLEG) VX2SE Yellow Lamborghini notebook

WL500g Forum Asus Files OpenDir

Asusforum.NL -- Asusforum.DE -- Asusforum.RU -- Asusforum.PL -- Asusforum.NET -- Asusforum.EU -- Asusforum.BE -- Asusforum.ES -- Asusforum.INFO

Quote Originally Posted by Antiloop
    it is not capable of doing WPA with AES

WL120b does not support it as well, using broadcom chipset as well.
    the WL500b uses WL120b card
    Thanx for your quick reply. I know the 107g has a different chipset and does support WPA with AES. But the strange thing is that i saw on different sites that the 103b (the on i have) is capable of doing WPA with AES in the future with a firmware upgrade. I even searched for any customised firmwares for this chip, but without any result.