Thread: How to Bridge 2 LAN ports to WAN?

How to Bridge 2 LAN ports to WAN?

There is an option of "Choose WAN Bridge Port" on "IP Config - WAN & LAN" on original Asus firmware. I was wonder if such option is available on oleg's firmware, as this can help me obtain IP for my IP phone.

Thanks a lot.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by nologin View Post
    There is an option of "Choose WAN Bridge Port" on "IP Config - WAN & LAN" on original Asus firmware. I was wonder if such option is available on oleg's firmware, as this can help me obtain IP for my IP phone.

Thanks a lot.
    Hi,

I have 2 routers interconnected, one running Olegs, the second Koppel,
    none showing Choose WAN Bridge Port.
    I can obtain IP for my iPod Touch connecting wirelessly to each of the routers.
    Ok.
    I am not bridging the routers, just created subnet with the same mask 255.255.255.0 .

There is a number of example bridge solutions like
    http://forum.openwrt.org/viewtopic.php?id=11028

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgu...%3Den%26sa%3DN

Please tell me what network segments would you like to bridge and what for.

From web interface:
    Access Point operation mode - option selected
    "
    Explaining with technical terms, access point mode is, NAT is disabled, one wan port and four lan ports of WL500g.PremiumV2 are bridged together.
    "

In
    Web interface
    Wireless - Interface

submenu
    Wireless Mode : WDS
    so called wireless bridging to build wireless mesh cloud
    is missing .

I have asked you just of curosity, as did some tests running WDS to build wireless mesh cloud environment.

Darius

Hi Darius,

The Choose WAN Bridge Port is shown on my stock asus firmware 1.9.7.7 for wl500gpv1.

On its web description, it said "This function uses up to two LAN ports to bridge with WAN interface. This provides additional WAN ports to use for as STB, IPTV or IP phone".

As my ISP allows 2 IPs be obtained concurrently: one for pc, another for IP phone, bridging WAN to LAN4 enables my IP phone be plugged into LAN4 to have a separate IP from my router.

Sorry I'm not a technical guy, not sure if I answer your question.

Thanks for your reply.

Quote Originally Posted by nologin View Post
    Hi Darius,

The Choose WAN Bridge Port is shown on my stock asus firmware 1.9.7.7 for wl500gpv1.

On its web description, it said "This function uses up to two LAN ports to bridge with WAN interface. This provides additional WAN ports to use for as STB, IPTV or IP phone".

As my ISP allows 2 IPs be obtained concurrently: one for pc, another for IP phone, bridging WAN to LAN4 enables my IP phone be plugged into LAN4 to have a separate IP from my router.

Sorry I'm not a technical guy, not sure if I answer your question.

Thanks for your reply.
    Oh, I see, really interesting feature.
    My router is WL-500gP V2 (not V1)
    I still don't know what is a difference between V1 and V2
    and if the same firmware (Web-based Interface) is in operation in both.

I would love this feature implemented into V2 as a local ISP provided us with static ADSL IP (one or more, have a look at a contract).
    That way I could run local web server with real DNS.

Tonight I am going to test DDNS service provided by Asus for a private DHCP assigned dynamic address in local subnet.

Darius