Thread: Experience with Asus Spacelink CF WL-110?

Experience with Asus Spacelink CF WL-110?

Does somebody have experience with the Asus Spacelink CF WL 110?
    Accoring to the Asus website this compactflash WL card supports WPA, but can it also be used in combination with a Ipaq running Windows mobile 2003?

I don't want to lower my encryption from WPA to WEP , just for using this card. If this card does not support this encryption, which CF WL card, from any brand does?

Thanx in advance.

please supply me with the link saying it does support WPA,

I personally own this card, but haven't used it since I sold my old A620's (and I used it 1 time because I immediately sold those Asus Mypal A620's)

If the link is positive about WPA I will try to test it for you, but my internet lines are currently dead at home so most likely it will take a while

My little Asus Collection: Too much to fit inhere, my 2 babies:WL500w 1.9.2.7-10(OLEG) VX2SE Yellow Lamborghini notebook

WL500g Forum Asus Files OpenDir

Asusforum.NL -- Asusforum.DE -- Asusforum.RU -- Asusforum.PL -- Asusforum.NET -- Asusforum.EU -- Asusforum.BE -- Asusforum.ES -- Asusforum.INFO

The link to Asus WL-110 WPA support.

To Antiloop,

Here is the link from Asus, that says it support WPA.

http://www.asus.com/support/faq/faqm...delName=WL-110

Thanx for trying Antiloop

ASUS:

A AP with WPA-enabled firmware:

ASUSTek supports WPA on WL-500g/WL-500b/WL-300g with firmware version 1.6.4.6 or higher. WL-330 does not support WPA yet but the firmware is upgradeable. WL-300 and WL-500 does not support WPA.

- A wireless device with WPA-enabled driver:

ASUSTek supports WPA on:

WL-100 / WL-110 / WL-140: 3.0.0 and above

WL-103 / WL-120 / WL-130 / WL-100G / WL-103G / WL-120G / WL-130G: 3.20.23.0 and above
    WL-138G: 2.2.0.20 and above
    WL-230: 2.1.1.7 and above

- A WPA-enabled client utility:

Currently, ASUSTek DOES NOT support WPA-enabled client utility on card package. User can use the following methods to utilize WPA.

* Windows XP - Users can utilize Microsoft XP's Wireless Zero Configuration Service with Microsoft Windows XP with Service Pack 1
    (SP1) and the WPA client patch installed.

Service Pack 1 : http://www.microsoft.com/WindowsXP/p...p1/default.asp

XP Patch for WPA : http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en

* Windows 98SE/ME/2000 - Users can utilize WPA through 3rd party configuration software such as Funk Software's Odyssey Client. Trial version of Funk Odyssey Client : http://www.funk.com/download.asp?acg=6

Funk software

To Antiloop,

To test this possible funktion on this card, you'll need 3th party software form funk.com. It's called Odyssey Client, you can dowload form their site just for testing. It's not cheap to buy $50 for 1 client, I guess this the reason why Asus did not include this software when you buy the card.

Thanx in advance if you want to try it.

Smile Test Asus CF WL-110

Oke,

I bought this card because i needed one to test wpa encryption. So the test work fine, PPC2003 and the latest drivers from asus makes this card use WPA-TKIP. In the new software from Asus there is also the option to see if there are wifi networks in the area.

Like I said this card wordks fine, no problems and it costs more 50% less than a Buffulo CF card or a Scandisk SD WIFI + 256MB.

To all,

Have a nice day !!

so WPA-PSK TKIP (and AES ??) work with latest drivers and no 3rd party stuff?

My little Asus Collection: Too much to fit inhere, my 2 babies:WL500w 1.9.2.7-10(OLEG) VX2SE Yellow Lamborghini notebook

WL500g Forum Asus Files OpenDir

Asusforum.NL -- Asusforum.DE -- Asusforum.RU -- Asusforum.PL -- Asusforum.NET -- Asusforum.EU -- Asusforum.BE -- Asusforum.ES -- Asusforum.INFO

Wpa-AES

I did not test this yet, when I have time i will do this. Before the end of this month you'll have the results of this test.