Thread: WL700gE bricket

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

It's Dead....... I think..

After countless firmware changes (tried the Kfurge upgrade but failed when the packages didn't match the installation instructions), so I went back to the admin site, uploaded 4.6n firmware, and the router went dark.

It's plugged in but the drive doesn't spin up and there are no lights on. Any suggestions?

do you have tried this from back2basic

http://www.wl500g.info/showthread.php?t=8070

grat182

I can't get by the first step, no power to the lights

If you push them both the ready the ready light starts blinking (Is there life ? ?)

Hi

When no lights starts to blink @ all after holding the buttons for a few sec the box probably died . If you got any warenty on youre device you can take it to youre reseller

Openwrt or Custom Firmware on asus? - http://wl700ge.hezik.nl/ - Http://wl700g.homelinux.net

My ASUS collection: WL500gp(80GB usb-hdd - Running OpenWrt Kamikaze 7.09) | WL700gE(250GB - Running OpenWrt Kamikaze 8.09rc1)

Sent in for repairs since it's still covered by warranty. I hope they fix/return quickly.

Harddrive not reading after power blackout

The other day there was a blackout and the lights went out and my router went off along with it. When the electricity turned back on my router loaded up but the hard drive didn't load. I think its pretty much the same as the power cord being unplugged when the router is on. It actually says on the router not to unplug the power cord when the router is on. Is the hard drive damaged? What can I do to get it up and going again? Will I lose everything on it?

You may have to reload the firmware, but you won't lose any data. It's happened to me as well.

Quote Originally Posted by buddy View Post
    The other day there was a blackout and the lights went out and my router went off along with it. When the electricity turned back on my router loaded up but the hard drive didn't load. I think its pretty much the same as the power cord being unplugged when the router is on. It actually says on the router not to unplug the power cord when the router is on. Is the hard drive damaged? What can I do to get it up and going again? Will I lose everything on it?

Quote Originally Posted by Maccro View Post
    You may have to reload the firmware, but you won't lose any data. It's happened to me as well.
    I uploaded the WL700gE_kc_1078_02.nas file, but still the same thing. In disk management it comes up with the harddrive being unmounted? How do i mount the harddrive but at the same time I dont wanna lose all my downloads that I have going wit mldonkey.

Quote Originally Posted by buddy View Post
    I uploaded the WL700gE_kc_1078_02.nas file, but still the same thing. In disk management it comes up with the harddrive being unmounted? How do i mount the harddrive but at the same time I dont wanna lose all my downloads that I have going wit mldonkey.
    I guess you have to chkdsk (dos-speak) the drive.
    Telnet into the router. If telnet does not work you might have to stop loading rc.local the way KC Furge has described:
    Q. I've really messed up my rc.local and now my router won't boot. How can I fix it?
    A. Flash the latest image (WL700gE_kc_1078_02.nas) then press and hold the copy button when the ready light blinks three times. Release the copy button when the ready light stays on steady. This will bypass any /opt customizations on your router and boot with only the firmware image contents.
    Then, if you're at it, as root, give this command:
    Code:
    reiserfsck /dev/se/2
    and follow the instructions.

good luck,
    Marc

Quote Originally Posted by mumsoft View Post
    I guess you have to chkdsk (dos-speak) the drive.
    Telnet into the router. If telnet does not work you might have to stop loading rc.local the way KC Furge has described:

Then, if you're at it, as root, give this command:
    Code:
    reiserfsck /dev/se/2
    and follow the instructions.

good luck,
    Marc
    still no luck I the command reiserfsck /dev/se/2 but when it says yes to continue it just goes back to the command prompt. Also when i log into through telnet i can only login as root with no password, not admin and my password.

Also in disk management is says the harddrive is unmounted, any ideas?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

WL700gE bricket

I tried to upgrade my firmware but i got a time out and the router is bricked.
    I've tried to restart with holding teh EZ button and the rest button. The ready light is on but if i try to get to the router i don't get anything. When the power has been off and i restart the ready light doesn't go on again. Is there anybody who can tel me how to get my WL700 back?

About the nas files; They are to large for upload and i can''t find software to split it using Windows XP or Vista.
    Can someone help me?

Quote Originally Posted by Wihoka View Post
    I tried to upgrade my firmware but i got a time out and the router is bricked.
    I've tried to restart with holding teh EZ button and the rest button. The ready light is on but if i try to get to the router i don't get anything. When the power has been off and i restart the ready light doesn't go on again. Is there anybody who can tel me how to get my WL700 back?

About the nas files; They are to large for upload and i can''t find software to split it using Windows XP or Vista.
    Can someone help me?
    i think you just need the firmware uploaded like this one
    http://wl500g.info/showthread.php?t=9632
    but i notice that this one is not secure yet...check asus site and choose download from the top menu and again download
    then select wireless and ap/router and your unit to get the WL-700gE Firmware Version 1.0.7.8 file around 17mb in size : WL700gE_1078.zip

I had the same issue and could not use it for some time...
    on the cd that came with the unit is a program to restore the firmware
    but should also be available on the download site of asus...you would need the
    "Rescue700g.exe" program to restore the unit to factory default.
    if you do not have the cd you can try using
    this link to get the Utility_1700.zip file
    Last edited by torretje; 17-12-2008 at 17:35.
    \0/ if you cant fixit, dont fuckit

Thanks for you're advise. I don't even get an IP anymore. It's totally bricket. I'll try to make a hard reset by using a pin or metal. Could never be worse than this.

Quote Originally Posted by Wihoka View Post
    Thanks for you're advise. I don't even get an IP anymore. It's totally bricket. I'll try to make a hard reset by using a pin or metal. Could never be worse than this.
    so no lol then...and did you try to set a fixed ip address in your network settings
    e.g. 192.168.1.10 and ping 192.168.1.1 your router? does the unit startup?
    and if it does are you connected by cable? is the cable ok!? can you see the unit in network environment of your windows?
    \0/ if you cant fixit, dont fuckit