I am trying to setup my Asus 500gP V2 to split the bandwidth when demanded. I was able to do this with the bandwidth management page in the web setup. But as I have found out that uses wshaper to perform this function, I'm also trying to run wshaper to allow me to get better response for gaming and web surfing while downloading torrents.

My problem is I need to know how the bandwidth management is implemented so I may implement it and wshaper.

When I used wshaper status eth0 with the bandwidth management turned on it had around 8Mbit set for the down speed which is way too high for my connection. This I believe was causing problems with latency in gaming and also when using shareaza with bittorrents downloading.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

So again what I'm trying to setup is share the bandwidth on demand so if only one IP is trying to download give full bandwidth if other starts then split the bandwidth evenly on deman. Basically I just want to utilize all my bandwidth but at the same time share it when needed. I would like to be able to surf the web and MMORPG at the same time as downloading without interfering with either.