Thread: connection problems WL-HDD -> dbox2

connection problems WL-HDD -> dbox2

I've some problems to get a direct connection between my dbox2 and the wl-hdd to work. May somebody help me please? Guess it should be that diccifult but I'm not able to get it to work.

I'm trying to get the following connection to work:

PC -> (wired) -> Router (SE515) -> (WLAN) -> WL-HDD -> (wired) -> dbox2

The connection between PC and WL-HDD is working but I'm not able to get the wired connection between WL-HDD and dbox2 to work.

Please give me some examples what settings I need (in dbox and WL-HDD) to get this working.

Thanks

BTW, I've installed FW 1.2.3.0 on WL-HDD and when connecting everything over the router it's working but due to network problems I would like to conect from WL-HDD directly to dbox.

Hi,
    very special questions. You'll find the answers here http://wiki.tuxbox.org/NAS:ASUS_WL-HDD but it's in german language. But feel free to ask your questions in the english section from http://forum.tuxbox.org

hth,
    peter

Of course I've already taken a look at the WIKI board and researched the tuxbox forum but I'm still not able to get a direct connection between WL-HDD and dbox2 for what reason ever.

Normally I'm not that stupid in such things but it looks like that I'm doing something wrong.

Are there some other things where I could take a look at.

hi,
    what do you mean with 'direct conection'? X-cabel/switch/hub/???
    You know that you have to do:

'et -i eth1 10half' on the WL-HDD (via backdoor or telnet)

if you have a direct conection? Which firmware do you use? You have a NFS-Server running on the WL-HDD?

hth,
    peter

With 'direct connection' I mean a connection between dbox 2 and WL-HDD using x-cross cable.

I've set now the lan to 10half before it was set to 100half. After doing this it seam to work now!

BTW, no I got the direct connection. Firmware is 1.2.3.0 and yes NFS is running on WL-HDD.

Thanks for your help with the ethernet setting.