Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: how can I install TwonkyVision 2.5 ?

OK, then I will change the Firmware and try to mount the HDD and run the Mediaserver. fromat in ext3 is no Problem, because the HDD is empty. When the Mediaserver 2.5 is running then I will transfer the Musik to the HDD.
    Witch Firmware do you think is the best for me?
    Greetings Stefan

This one is the latest for you. Please check the forum for how to format on ext3.

You will be able then to set up the autostart

OK, I will try this tonight. Thank you.
    Can I formating the HDD (ext3) I the Webinterface with the new Firmware from Oleg.
    I will write my results tonight.
    Greetings from Bavaria
    Stefan

no you cannot format from web interface. Do this with a telnet interface. If you are unsure, install latest asus firmware for wl-hdd 1.2.3.0 and use web interface to format, then switch to Oleg's one.

Be sure to restore factory default, using web interface, and by pressing the button on wl-hdd for more than 10 seconds, once you have set oleg's firmware (otherwise, it will do a simple shutdown)

OK, you're GREAT, thanks a lot.
    Tonight it will be the day where I can here the TwonkyVision on my
    Asus WL-HDD . I hope so.
    I will post here when the Twonky is running. I think you will hear tonight a loud shout from Bavaria.
    by Stefan

well, before shouting, you might have to setup samba . If you choose to format using the stock wl-hdd firmware, take a few minutes more to copy your files (mediaserver) on the HD before flashing back to Oleg's, cause it will take some time for you to set up samba under oleg firmware.

uff, one more problem on my way. ok, I think I must edit the sbm.conf right.
    I will format the hdd on orginal Software, then I will transfer the files to the HDD and at last I put OLEG'S Firmware on it. Edit the smb.conf. And at last I will start the TwonkyMediaserver. In one Hand a Hammer in the other a Bottle Champagner.
    Greetings from Bavaria
    Stefan

If you do like you say, you won't have to edit smb.conf for now. The file will be already on the HD, waiting to be mounted:

mount /dev/discs/disc0/part1 /tmp/harddisk
    then /tmp/harddisk/mediaserver

nice day today, first I update the asus. All ok, telnet open, but login failed.
    No way. I reboot the asus, I reset the asus no way to connect in webinterface .
    Today a new firmware for my OvisLink router is ready for download.
    I load it to my OvisLink and now he is dead. Shit. Now a have my good old netgear router ready for Internet to tell you my bad story. I will tell you my results when all my hardware is back in life.
    thanks for your help
    Stefan

Red face

yuchu my Asus is back in life . Connect in Webinterface is ok, telnet open, ok. but the user (admin) and passord (admin) don't work.

try no user but admin as password. Also try your old user and password, no user and no password.

If you still cannot connect, and you are under Oleg's firmware, press the button when wl-hdd is running until the led is blinking. After reboot, you will have to set your PC ip adress to something like 192.168.1.10 to connect using admin/admin

I can not mount, I AM TO STUPID

what do you mean you cannot mount? can't you connect?

create folders using mkdir /tmp/hd1
    mkdir /tmp/hd2 ...
    then mount /dev/ide/host0/bus0/target0/lun0/part1 /tmp/hd1
    and so on
    Last edited by hugo; 17-02-2005 at 18:39.

now I can connetct to telnet but no mounting. You have spend enough time to me. thank you. But I think I will give up. 8 Days with no good results.
    Stefan

now I can connect via telnet an Webinterface, but the HDD is not mounted. And what you wrote wil not work.
    mount /dev/discs/disc0/part1 /tmp/harddisk

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast