Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: how can I install TwonkyVision 2.5 ?

Red face how can I install TwonkyVision 2.5 ?

Hello,
    who can help me please?
    I'm a newbie with Linux. I have an ASUS WL-HDD with running JOCKYW2001 on it.
    Now I want install the new Twonkyvision Mediaserver.
    In witch folders must i install the files, to run alwas the TwonkyVisoin ?
    I have try it, and it runs only when I have an telnet open to the Asus, when I stop telnet the TwonkyVision stops playing.
    Can you help me please?
    Greetings from Bavaria
    Stefan

in telnet, run twonkyvision like this:

./mediaserver -D

It will work after closing telnet

Be sure to change config to save the database at a proper folder and to set your media folders

Thumbs up

OK, thanks for your help.
    I will try this tonight.
    bye Stefan

@hugo

Hi!

You already have the Mediaserver running on the wl-hdd?
    Would you be so kind, and post a quick howto for a user like me, who has never done anything with linux before?

Which firmware should be used on the WL-HDD for this surpose?
    Where has the Mediaserver Distribution to be placed on the HD?
    Is there a way to start Mediaserver each time, the WL-HDD is powered on automatically or is that done manually only with telnet?

PLS help...

regards,
    hal.

That is it what could interesst me also.

Where has the Mediaserver Distribution to be placed on the HD?
    Is there a way to start Mediaserver each time, the WL-HDD is powered on automatically or is that done manually only with telnet?

by Stefan

Making a how-to would be too long.

Look for oleg's latest firmware, download Wl-hdd version, and set a post-boot command to run media server. If this does seems feasable to you then you are set. Otherwise, be wary: this is not a simple path.

okay, thank you anyway.
    sorry to say that, but it seems, youīre not interestet in helping us very much in this case.

just imagine: there are non linux users out there, which donīt know, how to set a post-boot command...
    and it seemed to me, that this community used to be very helpful...

iīll give it up here and try anywhere else.
    but thanks again for the pieces of help!

Thumbs down

./mediaserver don't work.
    post boot? I don't know what to do.
    Is there no one out there who can tell a newbie how can I do this.

Quote Originally Posted by hal2000
    okay, thank you anyway.
    sorry to say that, but it seems, youīre not interestet in helping us very much in this case.

just imagine: there are non linux users out there, which donīt know, how to set a post-boot command...
    and it seemed to me, that this community used to be very helpful...

iīll give it up here and try anywhere else.
    but thanks again for the pieces of help!
    How do you think I've learned? I was a non linux user 5 month ago. There is enough info on this forum for you to search.

For your information, this forum is not the official support forum for twonkyvision software, I have been helping another member by mail for one full week about this software, and I have actually a baby crying on my laps so no, I don't have time for an how to.

Your first lesson about linux comunity:
    be nice, patient, and just realise people here have a life, and are not here to write you a FxxxING how-to just on request.

Mediaserver is a commercial product, and nobody here is supposed to make helpdesk for this kind of product. Are you paying for support? I don't think so. Now that you have pissed me of, you just have to find another wl-hdd user with the same software and enough knowledge to help you. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by stefan9113
    ./mediaserver don't work.
    post boot? I don't know what to do.
    Is there no one out there who can tell a newbie how can I do this.
    this command must be run from the folder where mediaserver file is. Probably /tmp/harddisk/part1/something
    be sure to connect via telnet

Wink

thank you,
    yes thats right, so run the server but when i cancel the telnet session the Twonky stops. I also have an Linksys uNSLUng NAS Device with TwonkyVision on it (for my wife) here I need startscripts for autostart. When i boot the Linksys the Twonky starts automatic. Is there a way to do this at the ASUS too?
    Thanks for your help.
    Greetings from Bavaria
    Stefan

try ./mediaserver &

for post-boot script, do you use oleg's firmware?

Red face

No on my Asus is JOCKW2001 Firmware.
    I tryed the other Firmware but there I can not mount the HDD.
    I'm have the Asus WL-HDD since 2 weeks. And since 8 Days I try to start the Twonky automatic. And all my tests are wrong. Not the right way. Now I dont know what I should do.
    Greetings Stefan

Quote Originally Posted by hugo
    How do you think I've learned? I was a non linux user 5 month ago. There is enough info on this forum for you to search.

For your information, this forum is not the official support forum for twonkyvision software, I have been helping another member by mail for one full week about this software, and I have actually a baby crying on my laps so no, I don't have time for an how to.

Your first lesson about linux comunity:
    be nice, patient, and just realise people here have a life, and are not here to write you a FxxxING how-to just on request.

Mediaserver is a commercial product, and nobody here is supposed to make helpdesk for this kind of product. Are you paying for support? I don't think so. Now that you have pissed me of, you just have to find another wl-hdd user with the same software and enough knowledge to help you. Good luck.

Sorry, i really dont see any reason for you to be pissed off in my posting.
    i thought: "okay, this one has some other things to do" and i thanked you twice for the information you gave.
    I didnīt know that you are so stressed, because it didnīt seem so, regarding to the frequency of your postings in this forum.
    And i also did not know, that you helped some other guy for one week over email.
    And i donīt want to discuss this any longer.
    I will get me this wl-hdd device and maybe in about 5 months (or longer, because i have to work about 12-14 hours a day besides) i will have a running mediaserver on it...

Quote Originally Posted by stefan9113
    No on my Asus is JOCKW2001 Firmware.
    I tryed the other Firmware but there I can not mount the HDD.
    I'm have the Asus WL-HDD since 2 weeks. And since 8 Days I try to start the Twonky automatic. And all my tests are wrong. Not the right way. Now I dont know what I should do.
    Greetings Stefan
    I don't think there is a automatic run method with Jocky's firmware.
    Only Oleg has the necessary file system to allow this autorun thing. The latest version shoudl mount your HD, if it is formated with ext3 file system. Can you afford to reformat your HD? otherwise, you are stuck with the manual lauch solution.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast