Thread: Unmounted HDD after FW update

Unmounted HDD after FW update

Hi,

Last week I bought a WL-700gE 250GB. After updating the firmware to 1.0.7.8_02 I can't get access to my internal hard drive. Under asus web settingsthe disk is shown as "unmounted" status. But if I reflash to asus 1.0.7.8 all is OK.

I reflashed again to custom firmware (both 01 and 02) and I get the problem again. I'm a linux noob. I spent the last days searching the web and trying to fix it but couldn't find a solution.

"fdisk -l" returns -> "disk /dev/ide/host2/bus0/target0/lun0/disc doesn't contain a valid partition table"

Do I have to copy configuration from the asus firmware to the kfurge firmware?

thx

Quote Originally Posted by CpuCooker View Post
    Hi,

Last week I bought a WL-700gE 250GB. After updating the firmware to 1.0.7.8_02 I can't get access to my internal hard drive. Under asus web settingsthe disk is shown as "unmounted" status. But if I reflash to asus 1.0.7.8 all is OK.

I reflashed again to custom firmware (both 01 and 02) and I get the problem again. I'm a linux noob. I spent the last days searching the web and trying to fix it but couldn't find a solution.

"fdisk -l" returns -> "disk /dev/ide/host2/bus0/target0/lun0/disc doesn't contain a valid partition table"

Do I have to copy configuration from the asus firmware to the kfurge firmware?

thx
    I'm having the exact same issue.
    I can switch to 1.0.4.6 and the disk fine and I can use it, but when I update to 1.7.0.8 exactly the same thing happens.

Hopefully someone can help