Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: WL500gPv2 and webcam

Angry Problems with activex and logitech webcam

Hello

I hope my english is good enough to explain my problem.
    I connected a Logitech QuickCam Pro 4000 to my wl-500g an the ready light is on. I use the internet explorer to view the router menu. I enabeld all activex settings.
    In the router menu I pressed the preview button. After this I got the message that the installation of an activex control element was stopped because of security reasons. After this I choosed to install the activex element manually. But there I get the following message
    The software was blocked because the publisher could not be verified.
    Name:netcam_mfc_activex.cab
    publisher:unknown publisher
    I hope my translation will be understood.
    If I use netscape to try this, I only get the message "image is not ready" and nothing else.
    I donīt know what the problem is, because the logitech quickcam express seems to work on other wl-500g routers.

Has anybody some solutions for me?
    Thanks a lot.

did you consult the manual on your issue?

if you follow it exactly it works

do not use netscape/firefox/mozilla for this as it will not work as expected

eventual add your router to the 'trusted' sites

My little Asus Collection: Too much to fit inhere, my 2 babies:WL500w 1.9.2.7-10(OLEG) VX2SE Yellow Lamborghini notebook

WL500g Forum Asus Files OpenDir

Asusforum.NL -- Asusforum.DE -- Asusforum.RU -- Asusforum.PL -- Asusforum.NET -- Asusforum.EU -- Asusforum.BE -- Asusforum.ES -- Asusforum.INFO

Unhappy I got a change

Thanks for the fast help.
    I added my router to the trusted sites. But there was no change. Then I consulted the manual again an checked my settings but all were fine. So I enabeld also the whole activex stuff in the internet (and not only in the lokal intranet like in the manual described). If I now click the preview button I can see a black picture and I got the message "couldīt connect to server".

What settings are wrong?

it should work, are u accessing it internal or from outside?

My little Asus Collection: Too much to fit inhere, my 2 babies:WL500w 1.9.2.7-10(OLEG) VX2SE Yellow Lamborghini notebook

WL500g Forum Asus Files OpenDir

Asusforum.NL -- Asusforum.DE -- Asusforum.RU -- Asusforum.PL -- Asusforum.NET -- Asusforum.EU -- Asusforum.BE -- Asusforum.ES -- Asusforum.INFO

Unhappy not sure

Iīm not sure that I understand what you mean with internal or outside accessing. The computer is directly connected via ethernet to the router. I just tried to view the picture in the router menu by clicking the preview button. A new window with the address "http://192.168.1.1/Advanced_ShowTime_Widzard.asp" opend. But ther I got only a black screen independent of having the camera connected to the router or not.
    What is the problem, I have no idea.

Talking It works fine

After clicking around and changing some settings the cam startet working but I donīt know why.
    Thanks for your support Antiloop.

Webcam on router

Hello

I would like to buy a couple of webcams, and connect them to my WL500GP, to monitor my house when I'm not home. My printer is connected to one of the USB ports, and the other one is currently free.

Q1:
    Does all webcams work with the router, or should I by a specific cam?

Q2:
    Is it possible to connect more than one webcam, via a USB hub?

Please help me out here.

supported webcams

A2: it is possible to connect more than 1 webcam by using palantir under Oleg's Firmware. The forum provides detailed info. Use 1.1 hub. For 2.0 hub you need to tweak a little bit.

A1: The original FW as well as Oleg's FW support pwc or ov51x driver. Unfortunately these are rather old but good webcams. Check the forum and ebay for Philips PCVC or Quickcam pro 4000 webcams. Newer but low quality webcams use spca5xx driver module downloadable in the forum.

Rgds, dyonisos

Quote Originally Posted by jokkemokke View Post
    Hello

I would like to buy a couple of webcams, and connect them to my WL500GP, to monitor my house when I'm not home. My printer is connected to one of the USB ports, and the other one is currently free.

Q1:
    Does all webcams work with the router, or should I by a specific cam?

Q2:
    Is it possible to connect more than one webcam, via a USB hub?

Please help me out here.

Thanks for your reply.

I have been searching the web for webcams and their chipsets.

Is it also possible to use webcams with OV530 chipset?

@dyinosis: my webcam wont work on my usb 2.0 hub, but when i plug it in directly it works!
    On the hub dmesg, says that no valid driver was found! But when i plug it on the router it finds a driver and it works.. So can you explain, what i have to tweak?

webcams

Quote Originally Posted by jokkemokke View Post
    Thanks for your reply.

I have been searching the web for webcams and their chipsets.

Is it also possible to use webcams with OV530 chipset?
    It probably works with OV51x 1.65-1.12 (Oleg FW) but I am not sure.

Rgds, dyonisos

2.0 Hub

Quote Originally Posted by thE_29 View Post
    @dyinosis: my webcam wont work on my usb 2.0 hub, but when i plug it in directly it works!
    On the hub dmesg, says that no valid driver was found! But when i plug it on the router it finds a driver and it works.. So can you explain, what i have to tweak?
    simply run the command "rmmod ehci-hcd" to disable enhanced 2.0 USB. If you want to have this forever save&commit&enable the fs.

Rgds, dyonisos

But then my usb disk wouldnt have the speed from usb 2.0 or?

1.1 Hub

Quote Originally Posted by thE_29 View Post
    But then my usb disk wouldnt have the speed from usb 2.0 or?
    so use 1.1 Hub on only one bus

My webcam not work...

I put my Logitech Webcam in usb of the router. I am going to the definitions of the router and and I enter in the menu web camera. And there I click in the option "PREVIEW".
    The new windows is open and I only see a gray box.
    What is my problem?
    Is it necessary to configure some thing the more?

Thanks,

Punhal

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast