Thread: Filesystem corrupt - "permission denied"

Filesystem corrupt - "permission denied" - how to fsck?

Hi there,

i have a serious problem with my router. Yesterday, I wanted to delete some old folders in MYSHARE (using windows explorer) and everything went right except for one folder, which I couldn't delete for no reason.
    I then tried to login via busybox, using the root account, went to the folder and tried "rm -rf" but busybox told me the folder was not empty and mentioned an old file I already deleted in that folder was still somehow there with the remark "permisson denied". Even when i go into that folder and simply type "ls" busybox says: "filename: permission denied".
    I friend, who is very firm in linux, told me my filesystemen could be corrupt and I should use fsck to repair it, but my busybox doesn't know that command and I don't know how to install fsck (using wget???) or if this would even solve my problem. And no, this has nothing to do with "chmod +w" or whatever
    I hope someone of you can help me
    Last edited by dome; 02-11-2008 at 20:49.

I had this happen once or twice. I just restarted the router and logged on as root and deleted the file. If somehow remained "locked". I dunno if this is the case, but is certainly worth the try before running any tools to repair the FS :-)

No restart, reset, firmware-flash, erase tool etc. does any help. Damn, this is stupid. I can only rename that **** folder
    I hope there are more ideas outside

**UPDATE**
    Ok, a buddy just sent me a link where it says that the filesystem is definately corrupt, if even a simple "ls" results in that error. So now my simple question is: how du I run fsck on the router?
    Last edited by dome; 02-11-2008 at 20:51.

use in putty, enter the folder, enter sudo rm -R *

that helped with mine