View Poll Results: Have you tried new 1.9.2.7 audio features?

Voters
142. You may not vote on this poll
  • They're useless

47 33.10%
  • They never worked for me, but I would like to use them

12 8.45%
  • Works fine for me

32 22.54%
  • Have no idea about these features

51 35.92%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 1.9.2.7 Audio features

@ rmdijkman: please post your php code - i am very interested in it. Maybe you can give also a little description how you put everything together...
    Thanks!

Please find the php script attached. Extract it to your www directory.

The script assumes that you have the following packages installed:
    php-thttpd (see macsat.com for details)
    madplay
    procps

Change the following files such that they refer to the appropriate locations on your filesystem:
    globals.php (change all variables if necessary)
    play (change PLAYLISTFILE, PIDFILE, NRFILE if necessary)
    play.wrapper (change /opt/share/www/play if necessary)

You can leave: PLAYLISTFILE/$playlistfile, PIDFILE/$pidfile and NRFILE/$playnrfile unchanged (they refer to temporary files). If you change them, make sure you change them, such that each pair refers to the same file.

$playscript must refer to the play.wrapper script
    $mp3dir must refer to the directory where you keep your mp3's
    /opt/share/www/play must refer to the play script.

Watch the permissions of the user as whom the thttpd executes php. This user needs read/write permission to store temporary files, execute permission to execute shell commands as required and read permission in your mp3 directory. I solved this problem by setting the user to admin . To this end, change in /opt/share/thttpd.conf:
    user=admin

Let me know if it works for you.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by rmdijkman; 23-06-2005 at 21:39.

Many thanks!
    I will try it out soon...

I have plugged in an FM Transmitter to the USB audio dongle and now I enjoy sound everywhere in the house where is a FM Radio

I consider using this to wake we up in the morning but somebody knows how to set this up? It would be nice to have an Alarm clock on the wl500g

Cheers,
    Rainer

Quote Originally Posted by rdk
    It would be nice to have an Alarm clock on the wl500g

Cheers,
    Rainer
    ... and toaster. This would never be added to web iface, but it's already there.

... and toaster. This would never be added to web iface, but it's already there.
    .. maybe also coffee machine, anybody knows a good USB coffee machine, please?

Considering that I have added an FM transmitter to it its not so bad to "wake up the house" althought I now you consider the audio features useless ....

What you mean by its there? Scheduling a cronjob to start madplay playing every morning you mean or something like that?

Cheers,
    Rainer

What you mean by its there? Scheduling a cronjob to start madplay playing every morning you mean or something like that?
    Yes, exactly. There are number of features, which could be done just by typing several commands, rather than implemented in firmware. Once done, this could be published on the forum, to help others.

Absolutetly, I don't think including this neither in the webinterface nor the firmware would be useful for many people.

When I have some time I will try to post something like an alarm script configurable via a webpage on thttp

Regards,
    Rainer

Quote Originally Posted by rmdijkman
    Let me know if it works for you.
    Hi rmdijkman!
    I tried it today (it took some time to find out about waveserver and that he is blocking the audio device) and its working fine!
    I will try to add a changer mode: That will play all directories in order and 2 more buttons to go forward and back in directories. For audiobooks this is easier then the playlist mode.
    Thank you very much!
    c ya
    Reflex

I have plugged in an FM Transmitter to the USB audio dongle and now I enjoy sound everywhere in the house where is a FM Radio
    Me too!

Got this one: http://www.thinkgeek.com/electronics/audio/6f4e/

Quote Originally Posted by Tuur
    I am now waiting for my wl500g deluxe that is supposed to arrive this Friday.

Tuur, is it sufficient to plug the usb 2 fm adapter directly to wl500g's USB port or is some soundcard required?

Barchan

USB2Audio working on WL-HDD?

Quote Originally Posted by Reflex
    Hi rmdijkman!
    I tried it today (it took some time to find out about waveserver and that he is blocking the audio device) and its working fine!
    I will try to add a changer mode: That will play all directories in order and 2 more buttons to go forward and back in directories. For audiobooks this is easier then the playlist mode.
    Thank you very much!
    c ya
    Reflex
    Hello Reflex, hello @All!

Sorry, I may ask a stupip question.
    Do you mean you got the audio output (via USB soundcard) working on the WL-HDD?

I am just "on the way" buying this product and this feature would be really great.
    If I own it I would also be very interested in the (modified) php script and a newbie tutorial.

Edit: Which usb2audio brand have you chosen? Maybe they all work or do they have to meet special requirements?
    Edit2: Is the only requirement "USB audio spezification V 1.0"?

Thank you very much.

Hans
    Last edited by HansderGroße; 02-11-2005 at 03:40.

nice to have

Hi
    I'm working with a laptop comp. and working makes easyer with sound
    And to listen music with my laptop-speakers is not realy a nice thing, so with the waverserver of wl500g and the small usb audiointerface from mediatek connected to usb hub on one and to my hifi at the other side (optical or line) it's mutch better... and all without to dis-/connect everytime the audio cables.
    For me its nice to have

Kristel

(learning english today lesson? sorry...)

Is this new audio support implemented in the WL-500G Deluxe firmware too, or is it only a feature in the WL-500G standard version?
    At Asus' website it's only mentioned at the WL-500G standard version webpage.

Quote Originally Posted by rmdijkman
    I bought a USB harddisk and USB2Audio convertor and attached them to my WL-500GX.

Then I wrote a PHP web-page to select MP3's from my harddisk and play them through the USB2Audio. I can access this web-page with my WiFi enabled PDA.

Works like a charm. Now I have a completely silent MP3 player in the living room that I control with my PDA.

If anybody is interested in the PHP code, I would be happy to post it (it does need some cleaning up though )
    i'd really love to know as much detals on this as possible, what audio card? what audio playing software? etc. php code would also be great as i'm looking to do the exact same thing!!! My sound card arrived today (more details as I found out myself).

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast