Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Qemu won´t link

TeamSpeak 2 server

Hi all, I would like to know if it is possible to use on WL-500gP TeamSpeak 2 server. At first I tried look for .ipk package, but no success. I found only installation on official site of TS, but this package (ts2_server_rc2_202319.tar.bz2) is not working for me.

Can someone look on it? I will be very happy if will be some solution how to use TS server on my ASUS...
    Last edited by Jekyll; 27-09-2008 at 06:06.

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    Hi all, I would like to know if it is possible to use on WL-500gP TeamSpeak 2 server. At first I tried look for .ipk package, but no success. I found only installation on official site of TS, but this package (ts2_server_rc2_202319.tar.bz2) is not working for me.

Can someone look on it? I will be very happy if will be some solution how to use TS server on my ASUS...
    as long as there are no sources available for teamspeak, we can't compile it!
    Teamspeak is compiled for x86 cpu's, while your router has a mipsel cpu
    so the instruction set is different, and you are unable to run it.

maybe with the new TS3 they will provide sources, because they have plans for embedded devices

otherwise, you can look at this project, wich is similair to ts and ventrillo and whatever
    http://mumble.sourceforge.net/Main_Page
    Last edited by wpte; 27-09-2008 at 12:48.

Thx for info. According your information I found Qemu - a processor emulator which can help me, because it can emulate a i386 processor. I will try it.

it's not yet compiled for oleg fw...
    I'll try to compile it for you

I currently have these options, I'm not sure what you need, but this is what I can get out of it:
    ./configure --prefix=/mnt/qemu --static --enable-system --enable-coreaudio --enable-dsound --enable-linux-user --disable-gcc-check

It is very interesting for me, have you get it work ? Teamspeak 2 on wl-500gP. If yes, pls write me pm

I think qmeu will not work, because AIO is not supported

I am not able to compile it, becuase of the aio.h missing!

Or maybe it will work, when we patch with that: http://svn.savannah.gnu.org/viewvc/?...&revision=5010
    Last edited by thE_29; 03-10-2008 at 13:16.

Qemu won´t link

Hello!

I wanted to compile qemu to run i386 applications on the router!
    But when i try to compile it, i got these errors!

/opt/bin/ld: libqemu.a(op.o): warning: linking PIC files with non-PIC files
    libqemu.a(softfloat-native.o): In function `float64_to_uint64':
    /tmp/disk1/ftp_pub/ipkg/.tmp/qemu-0.9.1/fpu/softfloat-native.c:329: undefined reference to `lround'
    libqemu.a(softfloat-native.o): In function `float64_to_uint32':
    /tmp/disk1/ftp_pub/ipkg/.tmp/qemu-0.9.1/fpu/softfloat-native.c:298: undefined reference to `lround'
    libqemu.a(softfloat-native.o): In function `float64_to_int64':
    /tmp/disk1/ftp_pub/ipkg/.tmp/qemu-0.9.1/fpu/softfloat-native.c:269: undefined reference to `lround'
    libqemu.a(softfloat-native.o): In function `float32_to_uint32':
    /tmp/disk1/ftp_pub/ipkg/.tmp/qemu-0.9.1/fpu/softfloat-native.c:179: undefined reference to `lroundf'
    libqemu.a(softfloat-native.o): In function `float32_to_int64':
    /tmp/disk1/ftp_pub/ipkg/.tmp/qemu-0.9.1/fpu/softfloat-native.c:154: undefined reference to `lroundf'
    collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
    I replaced all lrint with lround but the linker isnt able to find the functions! I dont know why, because the -lm flag should enable these functions!

If i try to create a test file with the same compiler flags it works!
    (My test is to make a test.o from a test.c and then link it to a.out and it works).

For testing: You need Qemu:
    http://bellard.org/qemu/download.html
    And replace the configure script + block-raw-posix.c to disable AIO support.
    You get it here: http://svn.savannah.gnu.org/viewvc/?...&revision=5010

Then i configure with these flags: ./configure --disable-gcc-check --target-list=i386-linux-user

Maybe someone knows why it isnt able to link these damn math functions!
    And i replaced the posix_memalign function with valloc in a c file, because it isnt able to find it!

dunno
    if I'm correct the mipsel should support this...
    but the 64bit things could be tricky tho

I also see you used ftp to upload?
    I recommend samba to upload sources, the file flags stay correct this way

but you are just compiling right?

try this:
    make -kiB
    you'll get something incomplete probably, but it will finish making most likely

I'll give it a try soon, my router broke, so I couldn't try to compile it for you

I will give it a try!

And you have to change the cpu-exec.c because it wants to access a structure at the process.h which is not available!
    So i comment that out. I think this is not the best solution, but i just want it to compile it..

What i dont understand is, that noone at this board wants to compile new resources. I get not really help from someone

Quote Originally Posted by thE_29 View Post
    What i dont understand is, that noone at this board wants to compile new resources. I get not really help from someone
    I have the same problem
    I've been trying to compile nearly everything I could lay my hands on

I'm building a site atm for wl-500 routers, trying to implement new compile possibilities and the last linux kernel in the firmware.
    I really need this cross-compile tool to work, because the router just goes to slow, even my quad core pc compiles over 3 hour for gcc

The -kiB didnt work at all
    Get the same errors!

And for the cross compilation: I hate it for the oleg FW! For OpenWRT you download one big file and you have your directory.
    Then you change the CC, GCC, etc. environment variables and it makes cross compilation!

But not with oleg fw! That stupid make package and the configuration for the make file is just anyoing. It doesnt work really good for me.. So i use native compilation at the router.. (which is very slow and sometimes the gcc gets a segmentation fault ()

So i would be happy to get a great solution for better cross compile!

Quote Originally Posted by thE_29 View Post
    The -kiB didnt work at all
    Get the same errors!

And for the cross compilation: I hate it for the oleg FW! For OpenWRT you download one big file and you have your directory.
    Then you change the CC, GCC, etc. environment variables and it makes cross compilation!

But not with oleg fw! That stupid make package and the configuration for the make file is just anyoing. It doesnt work really good for me.. So i use native compilation at the router.. (which is very slow and sometimes the gcc gets a segmentation fault ()

So i would be happy to get a great solution for better cross compile!
    sorry man, my router is gone again, the wireless chip seems to be wrong, having an unstable connection all the time
    I should get a new one back in a couple of days

This is probably a real lame idea, but if it would be possible to compile VMWare ESX server for this you could run a virtual windows machine
    although it would be really slow as it needs lots of resources

(we run ESX at work, it consists of a really small linux kernel (bare-metal) which delivers virtual 386/unix systems)

Quote Originally Posted by raas View Post
    This is probably a real lame idea, but if it would be possible to compile VMWare ESX server for this you could run a virtual windows machine
    although it would be really slow as it needs lots of resources

(we run ESX at work, it consists of a really small linux kernel (bare-metal) which delivers virtual 386/unix systems)
    well... it's a nice idea... but our router lacks a visual user interface... so we can't control it, and probably not even compile it

Quote Originally Posted by wpte View Post
    well... it's a nice idea... but our router lacks a visual user interface... so we can't control it, and probably not even compile it
    Hi, there's no need for a visual user interface, you configure ESX by console, and for installing virtual machines you have a management console which you can use to install a virtual machine (it transfers the 'screen' to the client over LAN). Once the virtual machine is installed/configured you can access it using RDP. Only thing is, how to get it running

(The VM-hosts (16 cores, 16gb ram, iSCSI storage/filer) we use at work do not have a screen/mouse/keyboard connected, they only have like 8 NIC's in order to give each virtual machine its own NIC, and a dedicated NIC to use the management console.)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast