Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Real time clock with Oleg's firmware

Hi all,

thanks for your great work!
    Quote Originally Posted by Oleg View Post
    Yes, perhaps. Well, tried on my WL-700gE and it also works (the only change is SDA gpio pin). It use the same ricoh chip.
    The WL-700gE has a RTC? I have to update my HowTo.
    Can anybody tell me if the new driver will work with an older oleg firmware?
    I am not able to test it atm.

wengi
    Übersicht aller HowTos --- HowTo Overview (mostly german)
    WL-HDD mit diesem Setup. --- WL-HDD with this setup.
    Kein Support per PM - Frage im jeweiligen Thread! --- No support via pm - ask in the according thread!
    Eine wirklich gute Idee erkennt man daran, dass ihre Verwirklichung von vorne herein ausgeschlossen erscheint. (Albert Einstein)

Quote Originally Posted by wengi View Post
    The WL-700gE has a RTC?
    Yes.
    Can anybody tell me if the new driver will work with an older oleg firmware?
    Unlikely, it use new features.

Finally, this driver would be available in the firmware. The name was changed to gpiortc to honor existing rtc.c.

Anyway, clock synchronization will now be done automagically during the boot. RTC would be synced back at shutdown/reboot. No need in scripts, etc.

andi, thank you for your work.
    Last edited by Oleg; 13-11-2007 at 18:15.

andi, thank you for your work.
    FACK

And thank you for the integration

wengi
    Kein Support per PM - Frage im jeweiligen Thread! --- No support via pm - ask in the according thread!
    Eine wirklich gute Idee erkennt man daran, dass ihre Verwirklichung von vorne herein ausgeschlossen erscheint. (Albert Einstein)

The name was changed to gpiortc to honor existing rtc.c.
    I shouldn't have called this simply rtc.c at all, as the name wrongly implies some generic rtc stuff. I'd recommend rtc-rv5c386a.c which fits the current naming scheme of rtc drivers in the linux kernel.

Hi all,

i just want to report i finally updated to the new oleg firm, changed the driver and everything is working like a charm :-))))

Thanks so much to oleg and andi!!!

wengi

Quote Originally Posted by andi View Post
    I shouldn't have called this simply rtc.c at all, as the name wrongly implies some generic rtc stuff. I'd recommend rtc-rv5c386a.c which fits the current naming scheme of rtc drivers in the linux kernel.
    It appears this driver hasn't made it upstream yet. Is it available somewhere other than in Oleg's own sources? E.g. is it available for OpenWRT somewhere?

Quote Originally Posted by monnier View Post
    It appears this driver hasn't made it upstream yet. Is it available somewhere other than in Oleg's own sources? E.g. is it available for OpenWRT somewhere?
    The OpenWRT wiki page for the WL-HDD still exists. The code there is for WhiteRussian. There's also some source code for Kamikaze, see ticket #1873.

Note that it only supports the WL-HDD, not the WL-700gE as Oleg's software does.

Quote Originally Posted by andi View Post
    The OpenWRT wiki page for the WL-HDD still exists. The code there is for WhiteRussian. There's also some source code for Kamikaze, see ticket #1873.

Note that it only supports the WL-HDD, not the WL-700gE as Oleg's software does.
    Thank you. I've adapted the package for Kamikaze so it now runs on my WL-700gE with 2.6.25.20 (and even automatically adapts to either one of wl-hdd and wl-700ge).

Code:
    bzr clone http://www.iro.umontreal.ca/~monnier/bzr/rtc-rv5c386a

Hi there,

I'm also trying to get a solution to have a Real Time Clock on my WL500g, which does not have the required hardware unfortunately. However, I have a Dreambox (linux based satellite receiver), which has an RTC built in itself. I was thinking if it's possible, that my WL500g router connects to the dreambox and reads the time out from it.

I use my WL500g in client mode and I would like to set up a timeframe for "uptime" and "downtime"

Thanks for the help in advance!

dp79

Quote Originally Posted by dp79 View Post
    I'm also trying to get a solution to have a Real Time Clock on my WL500g, which does not have the required hardware unfortunately. However, I have a Dreambox (linux based satellite receiver), which has an RTC built in itself. I was thinking if it's possible, that my WL500g router connects to the dreambox and reads the time out from it.
    I don't think this would enter the scope of what is usually considered "RTC".
    You can use any kind of network-time tool, like NTP, rdate, ...

Hi,

This is exactly what I was looking for! Thanks a lot!

For the ones who are seeking for a similar solution, heres a little help from openwrt:

http://oldwiki.openwrt.org/OpenWrtDo...ed53b5046c82de

Cheers,
    dp79

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234