Thread: Problems with USB HDD, files missing and more

Problems with USB HDD, files missing and more

Hi all!

I bought the Asus wl500gP router, but I am having some trouble with my Maxtor Basics 500 GB external USB hard drive. I formatted the whole disk with FAT32 and connected it to the router. In the router I chose to share the folder “share” created by the router under “part0”. I am using computers with Windows XP and Windows Vista. At first everything was ok, but now that I have been transferring more files to the drive, suddenly a lot of files were missing. I restarted the router and the hard drive and then the files were back, but after a while some files were not there anymore on the drive. I tried to find some of the files by specifying the path, but I just got a message that the file is not accessible. Next time I started the router the files were not back. Also, the router changed some names of folders. For instance a folder which I had named “avslutade projekt”, the router renamed to “avslut~1” and the files that I had in the original folder were not there anymore.

Now the router has by itself created a folder called “part1” and it has moved all of my personal files there, so there is nothing left in part0, except for some folders.

Please help; I bought this router mainly because of the ability to connect a USB hard drive and a printer.

Same problem

Hi,

I have the same problem of the missing files.

Do you use factory firmware? If yes, did you restarted the router with the 'finish' button on the web interface after configuring samba ?