Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Transmission 1.31

Transmission hours work, but once you start the daemon, and disappears rrdtool webpage rrdtool not be reached. What is wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by wpte View Post
    that helped me out a bit, now I did this:
    well... it now linked me forward and guess what!
    look at the screenshot... not supported browser
    whaat? they support every other browser apart from IE that is being used more than anything...... it doesnt make that big difference I think, the only trouble IE has is with some java based sites, but something plain looking like I saw on the screenshot posted here should be handeled by IE easily
    I guess it's time for me to go and look for a different torrent client
    There is no chance (yet?) to get Transmission WebUI running functionally on IE due Explorer not following standards once again. Check out this forum thread: http://forum.transmissionbt.com/view...t=4907&p=23707

Quote Originally Posted by GoldDigger View Post
    There is no chance (yet?) to get Transmission WebUI running functionally on IE due Explorer not following standards once again. Check out this forum thread: http://forum.transmissionbt.com/view...t=4907&p=23707
    hmm... right, it still sux I have to use a different browser...
    I mean I hate firefox because the one time I tried it, it cought a virus and after norton removed it I couldn't start or remove firefox anymore...
    and opera seems to have problems on showing updated content on websites, you really need to hit the update button to see it

but for opera it works fine so far, it looks modern this way...
    but I dunno, it still looks a bit like windows vista, it's pimped up but I still kinda miss some functionality that has been lost...

it has great preformance tho... I get 500kb/s all the time
    normally it was about 70kb/s

Quote Originally Posted by GoldDigger View Post
    P.S.2 There is no other way to resume you previous downloading or seeding torrents instead of just moving directories from work to transmission 1.31+ download dir and then starting the correspondent .torrent files. I'm pretty sure they will get recheked and started again.
    true, moving .torrent files to /tmp/local/root/.config/transmission-daemon/torrents will do the trick

But i have a question:
    I inserted transmission-daemon into post-boot but it does not start at boot, why?
    Last edited by Kenny; 10-08-2008 at 22:32.

Transmission was splitted into two packages with changeset 8882.

Clutch package now depends on 1.22 transmisisond package until next upgrade.

I completely reinstalled everything on my router including transmission1.32, it works fine but I have few questions:
    1. When I rebooted my router(i was forwarding ports), transmission simply forgot all torrent that I was seeding. How can I shutdown transmission before rebooting to avoid this?
    2. Where does he put torrent files?
    3. Where is configuration file for transmission?

A few issues I have with the new transmission:
    - transmission-daemon won't start at reboot, I have transmission-daemon in my post-boot
    - after a router restart all the settings I made in "Preferences", from the transmission web page are reset
    - I had one torrent seeding, with the new transmission, but after a router restart it dissapeared
    - compared with the previous ver the downloading speed is smaller, It may be something about the connection with the tracker using the new transmission

How can I reinstall the previous version of transmission?
    Last edited by bogd_A; 11-08-2008 at 23:12.

transmission.conf empty

I have followed wengi's how to install . Everything was Ok until
    vi /opt/etc/transmission.conf the file doesn't exist. The install of transmission was without error . Please help... THANKS !

[admin@ASUS root]$ ipkg list_installed
    c-ares - 1.5.2-2 - C library that performs DNS requests and name resolves asynch ronously
    cron - 4.1-7 - Standard vixie cron, with cron.d addition
    e2fslibs - 1.41.0-1 - Ext2 Filesystem Libraries
    e2fsprogs - 1.41.0-1 - Ext2 Filesystem Utilities
    expat - 2.0.1-1 - XML Parser library
    fontconfig - 2.5.0-0 - Font configuration library
    freetype - 2.3.6-1 - Free truetype library
    gconv-modules - 2.2.5-7 - Provides gconv modules missing from the firmware. The se are used by glibc iconv() implementation.
    glib - 2.12.13-1 - The GLib library of C routines.
    gnuplot - 4.2.3-1 - Command-line driven interactive data and function plotting u tility
    ipkg-opt - 0.99.163-10 - The Itsy Package Manager
    libcurl - 7.18.2-3 - Curl is a command line tool for transferring files with URL syntax, supporting FTP, FTPS, HTTP, HTTPS, GOPHER, TELNET, DICT, FI
    libgd - 2.0.35-2 - An ANSI C library for the dynamic creation of images
    libjpeg - 6b-2 - collection of jpeg tools
    libpng - 1.2.29-1 - Portable Network Graphics Libraries
    libuclibc++ - 0.2.2-8 - C++ standard library designed for use in embedded system s
    logrotate - 3.7.5-2 - Rotates, compresses, removes and mails system log files.
    mc - 4.6.1-3 - Midnight Commander File Manager
    ncurses - 5.6-3 - NCurses libraries
    openssl - 0.9.7m-4 - Openssl provides the ssl implementation in libraries libcry pto and libssl, and is needed by many other applications and librari
    popt - 1.14-1 - A C library for parsing command line parameters.
    readline - 5.2-2 - The GNU Readline library provides a set of functions for use by applications that allow users to edit command lines as they are
    slang - 2.1.3-1 - S-Lang is a multi-platform library designed to allow a develop er to create robust multi-platform software.
    transmission - 1.32-1 - lightweight BitTorrent client and daemon
    uclibc-opt - 0.9.28-13 - micro C library for embedded Linux systems
    zlib - 1.2.3-3 - zlib is a library implementing the 'deflate' compression system .
    Successfully terminated.
    Last edited by lyxes; 11-08-2008 at 21:42.

Code:
    ipkg remove transmssion
    ipkg install http://ipkg.nslu2-linux.org/feeds/optware/oleg/cross/stable/transmissiond_1.22-1_mipsel.ipk
    I also had same problems, also my router became unstable and after many reboots I installed 1.22

Quote Originally Posted by bogd_A View Post
    A few issues I have with the new transmission:
    - transmission-daemon won't start at reboot, I have transmission-daemon in my post-boot
    - after a router restart all the settings I made in "Preferences", from the transmission web page are reset
    - I had one torrent seeding, with the new transmission, but after a router restart it dissapeared
    - compared with the previous ver the downloading speed is smaller, It may be something about the connection with the tracker using the new transmission

How can I reinstall the previous version of transmission?
    About why it dowsn't start at reboot - I found out that you have to start it with -g option to show where it's "home" is, ie. where settings file etc. are.

Hi,

Look at this topic, and you get your answer:

http://wl500g.info/showthread.php?t=15562

Ed

when I reboot my torrents are gone... is this the asus download manager after all?

Quote Originally Posted by wpte View Post
    when I reboot my torrents are gone... is this the asus download manager after all?
    I’ve found solution for this problem (but I’ve lost some of .torrent files ).

It might be because config, .torrent and temp are stored in flash memory, so you have to lashfs etc. to store them before reboot.

Try to move all folders and files from /tmp/local/root/.config/transmission-daemon to /tmp/harddisk/torrent/.config/

Then start transmission with parameters (last two are user and password to acces web interface - remove or change xxxx and yyyy)

Code:
    transmission-daemon -p 8008 -g /tmp/harddisk/torrent/.config -w /tmp/harddisk/torrent -t --auth   -u xxxxxxxx   -v yyyyyyyyy
    So far it works. After manual start with parameters uploaded .torrent files are stored in /tmp/harddisk/torrent/.config/torrents folders and thera are still there after reboot.

But I have still problem with starting transmission automatically.

Code:
    nano /usr/local/sbin/post-mount

flashfs save && flashfs commit && flashfs enable && reboot
    Doesn't work.

How to start transmission automatically?

Hi

Im new(bie) to this so I followed wengi's guide for setting up the router just yesterday.

Was wondering if someone could explain exactly which of the transmission install/setup steps that should be changed/replaced?

Quote Originally Posted by ocelivise View Post
    Code:
    ipkg remove transmssion
    ipkg install http://ipkg.nslu2-linux.org/feeds/optware/oleg/cross/stable/transmissiond_1.22-1_mipsel.ipk
    I also had same problems, also my router became unstable and after many reboots I installed 1.22
    Thanks,

I also returned to 1.22 transmission, but something seems to be wrong.
    You can seed your torrents? It seems that i can seed torrents only when they are downloading and are marked as ACTIVE, when they are marked as SEEDING ... nothing happens.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast