Thread: Lexmark printer

Lexmark printer

Umm... I'm a newbie here. I noticed a lot of info in the forum about HP laser printer problems and the answers are all very complicated & a bit over my head. I've just bought a WL-520GU & it's working ok except that when I print to my Lexmark 4250 printer, it'll print ok, but the progress bar hangs and never releases the printer. ie it gets to 99% & stays there. The only way I've found to clear it down is to either reboot my computer or get into "Processes" (in task manager) and find a file that looks like it might be a Lexmark driver (LXBMPSWX.EXE) and click "End Process". This generally works and I get the "Printing Complete" message.

I've set up the printer port properties as LPR & named it LPRServer as per the directions. I also tried to set it as RAW, bu it didn't like that at all. Went very slow & kept printing my test page over & over, till I killed it... well reset it.

Any simple answer?... Don't get too high tech. You'll lose me!

Thanks ,
    Mick

I had the same problem with my Lexmark X6170 Printer. Here is what u shoul do..

Go to the properties tab for your printer and click on the tab <Advanced> and on the button <Print processor>, select the [winprint] processor instead of the manufacturer processor (lexmark...). In the right pane select one of the [NT EMF... i have 1.008 selected] processors and this should do the trick.
    ALSO disable the bidirectional support on the <Ports> tab...

This should do the trick... i have mine working for about a year now...

Lexmark printer

Thanks mate. That did work. I don't seem to get the progress bar with the Yankee accent anymore, but I can happily live without that. I'll buy you a beer next time you're in Tassie !! Cheers.