Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: DDNS Client Problem

Hi evry1

Iґm having the same trouble with DDNS update. I think I always get the same IP address (48.68.207.42).
    My router is also a wl500g deluxe and Iґm using Zapp Z010 CDMA to connect to the internet also.

I purchased it yesterday, so I didnґt have much time time to solve this stuff

As soon as I get something Iґll post it
    Because Iґm newbie on this Iґm not very hopeful

Good luck

ddns problems in olegs's 1.9.2.7-6b

My ddns updates are not working at all. Neither automatically nor manually via the webinterfaces. ALso the logs give no hint.

Now I'm suspicious that ddns is not installed with my firmware.
    Can you tell me where it should be located?
    Do you have other ideas what to try.
    I have been looking around in other threads but couldn't find anything useful yet.

Thanks for your help!
    Ingo

I confirm, I had the same problem on my wl500g with Oleg's 1.9.2.7-6b

I never got it solved in the webinterface. I use a cron job instead now. This is described here: http://wl500g.info/showthread.php?t=4549

ddns

ddns gives me this error ! i'm using 7f-pre5 and cdma modem.

ddns update: could not resolve ip address for vlan1

how do i resolve this ??

thanks

Cannot get DDNS to work on wl500gx

Hi,

I cannot get DDNS to work. I have a free account on DynDNS, which work perfectly with official DynDNS updater installed on my desktop.

But on my wl500gx I have done the (simple) steps of DDNS configuration through the firmware GUI (1.9.2.7-7f), but nothing happens and the system log reports nothing, even if I put rubbish as user/pwd. Do you have any clues on this one? Any help is very appreciated.

Using DDNS client from commandline

Hi community,

i'm running Oleg's firmware 1.9.2.7-7f on a WL-HDD in client mode. The device is connected to another access point using WPA encryption. The Asus is not configured as gateway, so there's no configuration of dynamic DNS services via the web frontend.

Since the accesspoint the WL-HDD is connected to does not support DDNS, I wonder if there is any possibility to run the DDNS client from commandline or put it into the post-boot script.

Thanks for any tips
    Florian

Are you using your wl500 as an access point ?
    The Struggle Continues...
    Asus WL500g #1 with fw 1.9.2.7-7f running as main home gateway, with Philipps PWC730k
    Asus WL500g #2 with fw 1.9.2.7-7f running as Wireless Client, running palantir 2.6 with SPCA5xx camera on 128MB generic USB key

also, besides WAN/LAN router/switch/USB Printer Share.

Have a look at this thread in the german forum.
    I think the usage of the downloadable script is easy to understand.
    http://wl500g.info/showthread.php?t=7193

...ups ... it's your script ..ähem.
    Last edited by Fazoletti; 08-12-2006 at 17:37.

The following script is mine invention for Oleg firmware in AP mode.
    Code:
    #!/bin/sh
    HOST=somehost.homelinux.com
    USER=Username:passwddd
    PERIOD=1800

while true ; do
       ADDRESS=`wget -O - http://www.bnl.gov/itd/webapps/checkip.asp | \
       sed '/^[0-9]\{1,3\}\./s/\([0-9]\{1,3\}\.[0-9]\{1,3\}\.[0-9]\{1,3\}\.[0-9]\{1,3\}\).*/\1/p;d'`
       if [ ${ADDRESS} != ${LAST_ADDRESS} ]; then
            /usr/sbin/ez-ipupdate  --service-type dyndns --address ${ADDRESS} \
              --host ${HOST} --user ${USER} --once --quiet
               LAST_ADDRESS=${ADDRESS}
       fi
       sleep ${PERIOD}
    done

DDNS Client Problem

I'm trying to set up the built-in DDNS Client to use with Dyndns.org account. My confirugarion is: Public, dynamic IP; ADSL Modem with RJ45 connected to WAN port (Modem uses NAT and it can't be switched off, modem's IP: 192.168.0.1; ASUS: 192.168.0.2 & 10.0.0.1(in Asus' LAN)). Every time Asus tries to update the dns name it sets the IP from the private pool provided by the modem (192.168...), so when I try to connect my router from outside network, the dns name leads to 192.168... and the connection couldn't be done. If I use software dyndns client at one of computers in the Asus' LAN it sets correct IP. How to fix it and force DDNS Client to set the correct, public IP?

Quote Originally Posted by novax View Post
    I'm trying to set up the built-in DDNS Client to use with Dyndns.org account. My confirugarion is: Public, dynamic IP; ADSL Modem with RJ45 connected to WAN port (Modem uses NAT and it can't be switched off, modem's IP: 192.168.0.1; ASUS: 192.168.0.2 & 10.0.0.1(in Asus' LAN)). Every time Asus tries to update the dns name it sets the IP from the private pool provided by the modem (192.168...), so when I try to connect my router from outside network, the dns name leads to 192.168... and the connection couldn't be done. If I use software dyndns client at one of computers in the Asus' LAN it sets correct IP. How to fix it and force DDNS Client to set the correct, public IP?
    your modem should be having the details of the dyndns.
    I have an orange livebox wich runs perfectly with it.
    if you have a static ip, you can change the settings manualy on the dyndns website to your outside ip adress

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123