Thread: Cutom firmware + Linux help

Question Cutom firmware + Linux help

Just flashed the WL-500G with the latest Oleg custom firmware,and now everything works great (thnx oleg)

I have connected a usb hd drive to the 500g,and i can access it via ftp,but i cant understand how im supposed to access it via SMB.. any ideas?

I allso tried to connect a 128mb usb 2.0 flash disk to the wl500g,and i can't even access that..

Hmm,the 2.5 usb hd is using ntfs and the flash disk is using fat32,doe's this have anything to say?

Also.im seeing people talking about "/etc/blabla" and "/usr" and so on,but when i telnet to the router,al i see is a root folder that's empty.
    How am i supposed to do anything trough telnet?

And i also noticed that lots of options dissapear when the 500g is set up as a AP, i currently have a adsl router,so running it as a clean AP. So again,no bandwith mangament for me then

tanks for reply and awsome work oleg

Quote Originally Posted by MiRaCL
    I have connected a usb hd drive to the 500g,and i can access it via ftp,but i cant understand how im supposed to access it via SMB.. any ideas?
    which firmware version you've flashed?

I allso tried to connect a 128mb usb 2.0 flash disk to the wl500g,and i can't even access that..
    have no idea...

Also.im seeing people talking about "/etc/blabla" and "/usr" and so on,but when i telnet to the router,al i see is a root folder that's empty.
    How am i supposed to do anything trough telnet?
    Code:
    ls /
    And i also noticed that lots of options dissapear when the 500g is set up as a AP, i currently have a adsl router,so running it as a clean AP. So again,no bandwith mangament for me then
    Reconfigure your modem.

Hmm,just reconfigured the modem,i set i to AP mode,then there are limited options..
    Seems that the "Bandwith Management" is only for people using it as a home gateway.

Im using the WL500g-1.9.2.7-3a.trx Firmware.

Still havent got the usb hd to work in samba mode..
    Samba :This would mean that i can access the disk trough My network neighbourhood right?

But everthing else works great now atleast.. i don't have that anoying "kill wan port" issue anymore..

Oleg: wouldn't it be possible to do something about the "save&restart" thing?
    It's kinda stupid that i have to restart the ap everytime i change something.. or when configuring the thing.. wish i could configure everything then restart..

and also,is it possible to make my own webinterface? The asus interface sucks..