Thread: Can not remove port forwardings

Can not remove port forwardings

Hi, in my "NAT Setting->Virtual Server->Virtual server list there is no forwarding to local IP adress X. However when I do iptables --list there is a rule! And it forwards packets to local ip adress X for a port I need to use for my IP telephone.

When I remove the unwanted rules using iptables, they disappear as expected, but once I restart the router or press "apply" on the virtual server page, they reappear, even though they can't be seen in the web interface list.

I tried adding an identical rule to the once I can't remove with the web UI and then removing it, that removes the new rule, not the "old" one I can't remove.

Seems like the router has them stored away somewhere and re-add them at reboot. Anyone seen this, and know how to get rid of them?

Things like this live in nvram. Use the nvram command to manually scrub them out. Be careful, though. This is kinda like messing around with the windows registry.

Make sure to follow up your modifications with a "nvram commit" to make them stick.

- K.C.