Thread: To verify for certain: reset button will not erase HD?

To verify for certain: reset button will not erase HD?

I had some issues after changing my router from Gateway to AP, I cant access the web interface. I would like to hard reset, by button, the router but I have super important job sensitive material that I need.

Can anyone verify 101% that there has never been an instance when reseting erased their internal HD?

Thanks,
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by chlubb View Post
    I had some issues after changing my router from Gateway to AP, I cant access the web interface. I would like to hard reset, by button, the router but I have super important job sensitive material that I need.

Can anyone verify 101% that there has never been an instance when reseting erased their internal HD?

Thanks,
    Chris
    Hi Chris,

I had the same issue this weekend. After setting to AP mode I couldn't access the WL700. Even with the Asus tool not.
    So, I have pressed the reset button..... After booting it seems, that only the network configuration has been set to default. The HD content, my network share configuration and all configured users were not deleted. Due to I use this WL700 only as a NAS everything works as before I have pressed the reset button.

Uwe

Quote Originally Posted by chlubb View Post
    Not 101%, but I've hit the reset button a number of times during development of my firmware image and have never experienced a HDD erasure. I have had it come back up speaking Chinese to me though.

- K.C.