Thread: PsyBNC

Question PsyBNC

Hi,

Is it possible to install PsyBNC on wl500g usb disk and make it running ??
    http://www.psybnc.info/download.html
    or is it stupied from me to ask this !?!
    Before this wl500g i did have a freesco running.

nobody is able to do this?????

Exclamation Here it is.

Hi

Here it is, psyBNC Version 2.3.2-4 . Have fun. Since i dont need it, just for you guys .
    It runs out of the box, just ftp it to your usbdisk root, "tar -xvzf psybnc-mipsel.tgz" and run the binary with "./psybnc". Connection is default on irc://my.router:31337.
    Some readme´s reside in the info directory. Default language is english, i think you can load the others at runtime.

Start psybnc, set your nick with /nick in your irc client and connect to the boucer. The pasword you´re asked for then is arbitrary and your new user and admin password. The rest can be changed from the bouncer commandline which then pops up.

If i remember right, it is set to 10 users, no encryption, no internal network, no SSL (doh ), but with DCC SEND, CHAT, scripting and logging. Ask if something other is needet.
    Compiling was wired, but worked. I do a diff if needet.

Greets
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by WlanMan; 19-01-2005 at 19:40.
    My Stuff: WL-500g, Mapower H31x 10GB HD, Philips Webcam Vesta PRO, TerraTec Webcam PRO, USB Hub

Works great my friend.
    Only one more thing to ask !!
    NO SSL => Possible or not activated in this version ??

Good job

Hi

It needs the SSL librarys which are quite big and more complicated to crosscompile. I wasn´t in the mood to do this. Is it realy needet ? What is it for, only to get onto ssl secured irc servers ? These things are quite rare, i never came across one ...

Greets
    If you want, join #wl500g on irc.euirc.net there is a chan for a long time which just needs visitors .
    My Stuff: WL-500g, Mapower H31x 10GB HD, Philips Webcam Vesta PRO, TerraTec Webcam PRO, USB Hub

Well i got some channels that i have to connect with ssl else they don't work.
    What do u mean on too large for complilling ?? There is no place on the wl500g itself !! We have to use a USB HD or Memstick anyhow.

Its cool to have some extra software on it

Seems not much interrest in this, eh ?

resurrecting this post a year later

wlanman - thank you so much for this

I have used this successfully on my Dlink DSL-G604T (which is mipsel based and has montavista linux 2.4.17)

At the moment there is no OpenWRT firmware for my router and finding this made my day

Any updates are appreciated

Here is my forum post

http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum...s.cfm?t=491433

Thanks !!!
    Stick the thread please
    Sorry for my bad English.
    Покупайте Отечественных Слонов!!!

I built a static-linked Psybnc that works well even on D-Link 300t

I hope there's someone interested

DOWNLOAD: http://northwood.altervista.org/psy.tar.gz

Thanks to everyone.