Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Firmware v1.9.2.7 CR3 - Now CR3b [Oleg]

Quote Originally Posted by Oleg
    Use another ssh client software, there seems to be a bug in the dropbear.
    Really, when I tried to use putty - it works! Errors came only with my preffered ssh client ZOC.
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by pLuto
    Hello!

When I upgraded 1.9.2.7-2 to 1.9.2.7-3b, I had a trouble with SSH access - it is not working now.

In log I have messages like this:
    Jan 16 21:06:53 dropbear[103]: Child connection from 192.168.1.65:4741
    Jan 16 21:06:58 dropbear[103]: password auth succeeded for 'pluto'
    Jan 16 21:06:58 dropbear[103]: exit after auth (pluto): bad buf_getbyte

How can I make SSH work?
    I had same problem with my cygwin ssh client and putty was ok. I simply erased the rsa keys for the wl500g router in the file ~/.ssh/known_hosts. After i had to create again news keys for a new connection. There is maybe a problem with rsa keys between 2 differents version of dropbear. Try to check the rsa keys for your ssh client.

no upate possible since 1.8.1.7-2a

Hi Oleg,

I'm face to a problem and tried to solve it on my own, but now I'm running out of ideas.

I've done firmware updates to my WL500g several times before and everything went fine, until ...yes.. until version 1.8.1.7-3. You may remember some of my entries about "smaller probs" in this forum.

1.8.1.7-3 is the first version which will not run on my router at all. Since this version no future version is running.
    the last I tried to get working was 1.9.2.7-3b. Just tried everything but the result is the same everytime.

powerlamp is on, the network switch is working, WLAN lamp is off. No reaction for the web interface or telnet.

The only way back to live is to use the recovery tool of ASUS, set the router in recovery mode and use a firmware 1.8.1.7-2a or before!!!

Anybody any idea on this topic? Anybody faced to the same problem?

To avoid aditional questions:

To avoid networking problems all updates are done by a direct network cable connection to the router.

Yes I have reset the router to factory defaults before trying to do an update. I did it by web interface and also by the switch on the back side.
    I proofed the reset working, my Ip address is different from the default one and after reset it was 192.168.1.1 and the admin password was also resetted.

Now started 1st try of update by using the web client: upload seems to be fine. I could recognize the rooter is resetting after upload ( power lamp swich off/on) but no reaction of the router any longer. No respond to ping or the web interface.

Next try using the recovering tool of ASUS for upload, setting the router into recovery mode. Upload the new firmware. Results are the same as by web interface.

If I will use firmware 1.7.9-5 or 1.8.1.7-2a everythings fine, router will do a reset after upload and after a short period the WLAN lamp is turning on. And the router is reachable by ping and webinterface. Using one of the firmware version starting from 1.8.1.7-3 will show the negative result again.

I invested a lot of time to find the problem, but it seems I'm totally lost now.

Any idea?

Sigurd

@sigurd

have you verified the .trx files are correct ?
    please redownload from http://oleg.wl500g.info/ or from the Chupa server if download is available

can you ping unit at all?

My little Asus Collection: Too much to fit inhere, my 2 babies:WL500w 1.9.2.7-10(OLEG) VX2SE Yellow Lamborghini notebook

WL500g Forum Asus Files OpenDir

Asusforum.NL -- Asusforum.DE -- Asusforum.RU -- Asusforum.PL -- Asusforum.NET -- Asusforum.EU -- Asusforum.BE -- Asusforum.ES -- Asusforum.INFO

New firmware and sources are available for[b]
    • Workaround for broken ISP DHCP servers configurations (solves problem with renewing IP addresses)
    I still have this problem.

Quote Originally Posted by sleuther
    If I will use firmware 1.7.9-5 or 1.8.1.7-2a everythings fine, router will do a reset after upload and after a short period the WLAN lamp is turning on. And the router is reachable by ping and webinterface. Using one of the firmware version starting from 1.8.1.7-3 will show the negative result again.
    I see no reason for 1.8.1.7-2a vs 1.8.1.7-3 differences. They're mostly the same...
    Have you tried asus 1.8.1.9/2.4, 1.9.27/2.8 firmwares?

I see no reason for 1.8.1.7-2a vs 1.8.1.7-3 differences. They're mostly the same...
    No since 1.7.5.3 I only use the firmware customized by you. It is much better than the ASUS original one. To be honest. I could not see any reason for this behaviour of my router too. I have access to another one in my company, there was no problem at all to update from 1.8.1.7-2a to 1.8.1.7-3. Only my private one seems to cause this trouble.

I have no idea what's going on because the router seems to work fine without this updating problem. This entry is of course done by using it.

Thank you for your very quick reaction.

Sigurd

No since 1.7.5.3 I only use the firmware customized by you. It is much better than the ASUS original one. To be honest. I could not see any reason for this behaviour of my router too. I have access to another one in my company, there was no problem at all to update from 1.8.1.7-2a to 1.8.1.7-3. Only my private one seems to cause this trouble.

I have no idea what's going on because the router seems to work fine without this updating problem. This entry is of course done by using it.

Thank you for your very quick reaction.

Sigurd
    It would be very interesting to see if one of the ASUS firmware's do work. Try 1.9.2.8. Apart from the question which one is better, it could help to determine what the problem is. So try one of the ASUS firmware's mentioned in Oleg's reply.

Hello.
    Can anyone tell me what is this that I found in router's log?
    Code:
    Jan 17 22:20:26 kernel: HTB: quantum of class 10001 is big. Consider r2q change.
    Jan 17 22:20:26 kernel: HTB: quantum of class 10010 is small. Consider r2q change.
    Jan 17 22:20:26 kernel: HTB: quantum of class 10011 is small. Consider r2q change.
    Jan 17 22:20:27 kernel: HTB: quantum of class 10012 is small. Consider r2q change.
    Jan 17 22:20:27 kernel: HTB: quantum of class 10013 is small. Consider r2q change.
    Jan 17 22:20:27 kernel: HTB: quantum of class 10015 is big. Consider r2q change.
    thx

Quote Originally Posted by jbrbv
    It would be very interesting to see if one of the ASUS firmware's do work. Try 1.9.2.8. Apart from the question which one is better, it could help to determine what the problem is. So try one of the ASUS firmware's mentioned in Oleg's reply.
    I will try it as soon as I'm at home and will find the time to do it. Unfortunately I'm not the only guy using the router and so I have to wait until night before I can start doing my tests.

I'm no so familiar with LINUX otherwise I would have started a diff on the 2a and 3 version to find the minor changes. This will perhaps give some hints is going on.

Sigurd

Quote Originally Posted by kiboko
    Hello.
    Can anyone tell me what is this that I found in router's log?
    ASUS bandwidth management problems.

Hi Oleg,

i guess you'll not like the result at all. Using the recovery tool and resetting to factory default, I installed the new beta version from http://files.wl500g.info/asus/wl500g...1.9.2.8_EN.zip. And result was fine. The router is running. Another test with customized firmwares mentioned in my first entry, are still showing same results as before So I finally returned to the 1.8.1.7-2a ( last know working version containing your enhancements) to write this entry.

So what could be the next step? Is nobody else faced to this problem?

If there are only minor changes between 1.8.1.7-2a and 1.8.1.7-3 perhaps a diff of source code can give a hint.

If you'll need another test feel free to contact me.

Could the initialisation of the WLAN interface evoke this problem? I can notice that the LAN ports are turning on and the WLAN never even not one time. Was something change on this part between 2a and 3? What's about the WAN interface I know that you improved the PPPOE interface because of redial problem, could this be the reason for router crash?

Hope you'll be successful in hunting this bug.
    Sigurd

i guess you'll not like the result at all.
    Why do you think so? In fact this does not hurt me at all.
    So, I've reviewed 2a vs 3 - still no ideas. So try to help yourself. You need to make rootfs on the usbstick or the usb drive with 1.8.1.7-2a. Once it boots fine - flash wl500g with 1.8.1.7-3 and try booting with old rootfs. If this will work, then kernel is ok and you could start replacing affected programs one by one. If you've further problems - start new thread in the Q&A forum, and I will help you. No linux box is needed at this time for you.

Hi Oleg,

i guess you'll not like the result at all. Using the recovery tool and resetting to factory default, I installed the new beta version from http://files.wl500g.info/asus/wl500g...1.9.2.8_EN.zip. And result was fine. The router is running. Another test with customized firmwares mentioned in my first entry, are still showing same results as before So I finally returned to the 1.8.1.7-2a ( last know working version containing your enhancements) to write this entry.
    dunno if you tried this:

flash to 1.9.2.7 (asus firmware)
    after flashing go into webconfig, reset router to default in the webinterface
    turn unit off for 5 minutes
    and try to flash firmware 1.9.2.7-1 (be sure to use WL500g version and not WL500gx as your WL500g will probably not boot)

My little Asus Collection: Too much to fit inhere, my 2 babies:WL500w 1.9.2.7-10(OLEG) VX2SE Yellow Lamborghini notebook

WL500g Forum Asus Files OpenDir

Asusforum.NL -- Asusforum.DE -- Asusforum.RU -- Asusforum.PL -- Asusforum.NET -- Asusforum.EU -- Asusforum.BE -- Asusforum.ES -- Asusforum.INFO

Hi

Jesterday i had an unwanted reboot i think when i was away and the pppoe line was disconnected, got it online with klicking "connect".

I dont know what is the special improvement with the new ppp subsystem, but in my case it runs into more problems then it may solve...
    Is this a choosable option between old and new ppp system in your firmware mod oleg ? I didnīt have looked deeper over the source tree until now.

Greets
    My Stuff: WL-500g, Mapower H31x 10GB HD, Philips Webcam Vesta PRO, TerraTec Webcam PRO, USB Hub

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast