Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Firmware v1.9.2.7 CR3 - Now CR3b [Oleg]

1. Wink No Connect to ISP

Hi Forum

first: thank you on Oleg for your Work

i'm from Germany
    second: forgives me please for my bad English

I have a WL500g Asus too, and i upgrade to 1.9.2.7-2 and i think it's work finely
    but on 1.9.2.7-2 i have no URL FILTER more.
    Is that right

Today i upgrade to 1.9.2.7-3 and i can't connect to ISP too, not automaticly and not manual
    in the log stand possibly which test user but i have my Username and Password from ISP in the Webinterface
    registered.

Jan 1 01:01:13 pppd[73]: Connect: ppp0 <--> eth1
    Jan 1 01:01:13 pppd[73]: Remote message: 0012 PSLEI001 0075428809 test user
    Jan 1 01:01:13 pppd[73]: PAP authentication failed

I hope it understand my muck which I in English wrote

Very Thanks and i hope you can help me and the other one

Twister
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by GJAman
    The range has decreased sinths firmware 1.9.2.7
    Because I use the follow setup http://wl500g.info/showpost.php?p=3516&postcount=2

I have to use the full range. I Changed the output power but this hasn't any effect

Maybe you can correct in in the firmware?
    i have the same problem - the range is very important and is lost on all but 1 wireless client if i change to 1.9.2.7. the beta 1.8.2.4 works fine and is what i am still using because of the limited range on the new firmware.

Poor wireless behaviour

I think there is a big problem with wireless connections on 1.9.2.7 fw...

Since upgrading to officials or oleg's one, I experienced connection's lost or slower respons in many operations!

Knowing that power output is lower, I've tried different level until max... but no value solve the problem.

wl500g is set as gateway and no encryption is activated, I only use MAC adress control to achieve security.

Here is my config: wl500g in gateway mode, PC1 wirered , PC2 wireless (with US Robotics 54g), laptop1 wireless (with Topcom 54g), laptop2 centrino wireless (with intel 54g)...

Would it be possible that "no encryption" method was broken? (I've not tried encrypted methods yet because I think that It could make more cpu usage)

Quote Originally Posted by Spot
    Knowing that power output is lower, I've tried different level until max... but no value solve the problem.
    Have you measured that? How did you know, that it's lower?
    Try running tools like NetStumbler to measure output power with old and new firmwares.

Quote Originally Posted by Oleg
    Which connection type are you using?
    ADSL / pppoe

Quote Originally Posted by Twisterchen
    I have a WL500g Asus too, and i upgrade to 1.9.2.7-2 and i think it's work finely
    but on 1.9.2.7-2 i have no URL FILTER more.
    Is that right
    Custom firmware does not support url filter, so this page was also removed starting with 1.8.1.7-3.

Today i upgrade to 1.9.2.7-3 and i can't connect to ISP too, not automaticly and not manual
    in the log stand possibly which test user but i have my Username and Password from ISP in the Webinterface
    registered.

Jan 1 01:01:13 pppd[73]: Connect: ppp0 <--> eth1
    Jan 1 01:01:13 pppd[73]: Remote message: 0012 PSLEI001 0075428809 test user
    Jan 1 01:01:13 pppd[73]: PAP authentication failed
    Well, have you tried to wait a bit and start over? The problem is probably due to the fact, that previous pppoe connection was not properly terminated, so your ISP refused to authenticate you. I've no idea why "test user" appeared here...
    Last edited by Oleg; 09-01-2005 at 23:22.

Try running tools like NetStumbler to measure output power with old and new firmwares.
    Sorry for this missundurstanding. "Knowing" means that I've read about it on asus technical notes coming out with the downloaded official fw. And so I've tried different values with no effects... that makes me beleve that output power is NOT my problem!

Anyway, I just did a new test with fw 1.9.2.7 CR3 and router acts again as before: surfing on the net (and even on the router web interface) became more slower until I lose my "patience"!

I also try to modify encryption methods but with same results.

And like I said before, restoring to previous fw solve the issue.

PS: when I upgrade, I always made a firmware restoration with asus utility and a hardware reset and encode new settings manualy)

When the distance is the same and I use the OLD firmware (1.8.1.7 CR3) the connection is good

When I use the NEW firmware (1.9.2.7 CRx) with the same distance the connection is bad! (even when the radio power is changed to different settings)

Conclusion Asus has changed the output power but changing the radio power hasn't enough effect and maybe it is hardcored programmed into the firmware???.

Quote Originally Posted by Changelog ASUS 1.9.2.7
    Note1: Using this firmware on WL500g, the range of wireless transmission will be shortened because of the power of tx is lower.
    KEEP FORUMS @ WL500G.INFO UP!!! - DONATE NOW, CLICK HERE!!!

I made such experiment using NetStumbler when upgrading from 1.8.1.7-3 to 1.9.2.7-1. I had been using default settings for tx power before and still now. The measuring distance was wery low - half a meter, but I did not recognize any difference in signal strength before and after upgrade. So I did not understand what the change is.
    I did not experiment with various tx power settings, but seems to me that the default is still the same:
    Code:
    $ wl txpwr
    txpwr is 19
    $ wl txpwr1
    TxPower is 51 qdbm,  12.75 dbm, 19 mW  Override is Off
    Can anybody tell me what exactly has changed?
    Just curious, 'cos I'm running with no problems.

Quote Originally Posted by GJAman
    Conclusion Asus has changed the output power but changing the radio power hasn't enough effect and maybe it is hardcored programmed into the firmware???.
    There was a change of DEFAULT output power, ASUS firmware treats 19mW as default, and does not change output power unless you specify something different than 19mW.
    I've removed this check, so output power is ALWAYS in sync with one specified in the web interface.
    So, I'm suggesting to measure it with both firmwares.

Quote Originally Posted by Csali
    ADSL / pppoe
    Ok, there is nothing in the logs regarding connection attempt.
    Could you please try again and if it still does not work, start telnet session and try running this command:
    Code:
    pppd file /tmp/ppp/options.wan0
    ?
    It should produce some output, post it here.
    If it fails I would like to see an output for
    Code:
    ls -l /tmp/ppp/
    cat /tmp/ppp/options.wan0

When the distance is the same and I use the OLD firmware (1.8.1.7 CR3) the connection is good

When I use the NEW firmware (1.9.2.7 CRx) with the same distance the connection is bad! (even when the radio power is changed to different settings)

Try setting fixed Data Rate. Not automatic. Seems that automatic setting data rate doesn't work with some devices (my Edimax) in firmware 1.9.2.7

Test User

Hi!

First of all I want to say thanks to Oleg, this is tremendous good work!

But I experience the same problem as Twisterchen with 1.9.2.7-3. I've entered the correct account information in the web interface but I'm not able to connect to my ISP. The log talks something about a guy called "test user" who is trying to connect instead of me. I'm from Germany, too and I think it's possible we're talking about the same ISP here (T-Online in my case).

Any help would be appreciated.
    Hejira

Hi

Samba works fine, but
    New PPP daemon breakes my internet access, ill post the log later.
    Same problem like the others i think, test user and so.

Greets
    My Stuff: WL-500g, Mapower H31x 10GB HD, Philips Webcam Vesta PRO, TerraTec Webcam PRO, USB Hub

Quote Originally Posted by WlanMan
    Same problem like the others i think, test user and so.
    Fine, hope you can help figure out the problem. Wait for 1.9.2.7-3a please.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast